DragonMage156    23,653
2 hours ago, minespatch said:

5b655ad0473ef_Shadowshavingaprom.thumb.png.5845794925db2930a5a831cb20caa217.png

That's the cutest version of terrorbeak and crawling horror, I have ever seen! ^_^ the the Mime Maxwell was pretty funny too >u<

• Haha 1

gallusvarius    919
On 8/4/2018 at 3:08 AM, minespatch said:

5b655ad0473ef_Shadowshavingaprom.thumb.png.5845794925db2930a5a831cb20caa217.png

These are pretty funny/cute. Curious how there is many roses - while of course roses are the symbol of romance and fitting for a prom, I also know they're the clearly depicted symbol of Charlie. 
I love the eldritch writing included on the banner. 

On 8/4/2018 at 3:08 AM, minespatch said:

5b655ad4ecedc_MaxtriestowinWespopularity.thumb.png.8f6014f45cef638c5372e5f756d1855d.png

Heh. I think I see what you mean with some of your drawings of Wes.
This is a charming concept, or to say, rather amusing. It's interesting to see Wes actually look... Angry, for once. I like seeing the characters expressing full ranges of emotions.
I'm sure, when faced with the wilderness, all the characters must face all the ranges of emotion at some point or another. Except maybe happiness for some, like say, Maxwell... But maybe even he could know relief when beefalo handle the hounds for him, even if that isn't any real happiness. 

• Thanks 1

gallusvarius    919
46 minutes ago, Docile_Drecko said:

I noticed that a lot of your lineart has a bluish appearance. Just wondering what is the reasoning behind that? 

Probably that they seem to use a pen to either finalize or merely even to draw their original drawings. Then they seem to edit them later, digitally, to add color. 

• Like 1

Raspberry Shake    5,068
15 minutes ago, minespatch said:

5b67f7b2ab7a4_HiggsburyandLaytonconstructadog.thumb.png.e89dc7333a09e9d6898fa719dce07636.png

For some reason I always thought it looked like Mr. Layton was staring into my soul, judging me. I cannot take him seriously anymore.

• Haha 1

gallusvarius    919
6 hours ago, minespatch said:

Oh yeah, roses are the evil flower of this game. One of the good flowers shown in the game but not really stated is one of my favorites Chrysanthemum. Wouldn't be shocked if Webber's verdant skin would make him a yellow Chrysanthemum.

Rose are evil in the game's lore? I thought they were more like sadness. A reminiscent bit of Charlie's former self, shining through the darkness... A depiction of sorrow, or a reminder for who she is or once was, a symbol of Charlie herself and therein her semi-tragic story. 
Likewise I didn't know there was a counterpart to the roses. Was there some other flower she liked? I knew They were a constant force of 'evil' in the Constant, but I didn't think there would be a 'good' force or that it would have a symbol. 

The LMS font was so illegible, it added a fun quirk to the art.

Ah, it definitely did. 

• Wes just doesn't like his visual copyright infringed.:wilson_sneaky:
  • Maxwell's probably most happy when he's scamming someone. Hard habits to break when you leave the throne... Probably.

It appears not. That and, he can't verbally renounce/correct any of the lies/rumors Maxwell might spread about him.
Ah, yes, of course that would make Maxwell happy. I suppose, even when on his own, feeding a pig and sending it on a suicide mission against a tentacle must at least do something for him. 

5b67f7b2ab7a4_HiggsburyandLaytonconstructadog.thumb.png.e89dc7333a09e9d6898fa719dce07636.png

Hey, I know this guy! Me and my father played one of these games on a small hand-held gaming thing, a DSI I think. It was a long time ago, when I was much younger.
You got those characters really well, it's a little nostalgic for me. 

• Thanks 1

gallusvarius    919
4 hours ago, minespatch said:

Not exactly sure what to tell ya. In DST, once roses showed up, they act similarly to evil flowers. I'll just post the images here just for comparison:

Wait, so standing next to a rose drains my sanity? I don't think they did last time I stood next to one... I just remember that one can loose HP by picking one. They look a little similar to the evil flowers maybe, but they seem to have some green on their leaves, and more lush and colored petals.

guess he's using his bitterness as revenge for people and things that don't deserve such projection?

I always figured it might be something like bitterness or revenge. Like, when people have been hurt, bullied or abused, sometimes they turn around and try to inflict the very same pain back on others who don't deserve it. 
Maxwell was tricked by Them and the Codex, and now after sitting on the throne and being turned all dark and brooding and-semi-evil, he's turning that suffering back out unto others who didn't deserve it either.

5b6ab74780643_Wargthenubking.png.d67262e78630f76ebc22551f36d660ff.png

This is a very cute varg, but I think I appreciate the accuracy to the in-game vargs a lot too. 
I haven't drawn a varg yet. I should probably try that sometime. 

• Thanks 1

gallusvarius    919
8 hours ago, minespatch said:

It was part of the Jouste challenge of the week. You might want to try a entry or two before next Tuesday comes:

Hmm... I'll write it down on my list, but anything good wouldn't be finished in time, I'm sure...  8c 
Gah, I keep missing out on the streams though. I've tried around five times now. Once I got the timezones wrong and showed up two hours after it already finished, and the other times I wasn't home or some other interruption... Just gotta keep trying I guess, it's gotta happen eventually.

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

So I thought it'd be funny to have a Varg cosplay as a Beefalo to gain Wilson's trust.

This is really funny, the 'moo' and blank expression, especially on the varg...

• Thanks 1

DragonMage156    23,653
On 8/8/2018 at 9:29 PM, minespatch said:

Bigger and improved version. I liked the original but it was too blurry and I needed a new image to convey the "Dood"ed thoughts.

I liked the original but this is just as good.

On 8/10/2018 at 3:47 PM, gallusvarius said:

Gah, I keep missing out on the streams though. I've tried around five times now. Once I got the timezones wrong and showed up two hours after it already finished, and the other times I wasn't home or some other interruption... Just gotta keep trying I guess, it's gotta happen eventually.

On 8/10/2018 at 8:11 PM, minespatch said:

If you check their stream announcements, they post a link to a world clock:

There's also a widget that tells you when. That's how I found out they stream in the mornings for me.

I'll be honest, I didn't watch the Jouste streams before Mines told me about it. Now it's part of my weekly schedule (if I can make it in time ^^; )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

minespatch    51,337
On 8/11/2018 at 5:51 AM, DragonMage156 said:

I liked the original but this is just as good.

It's basically ripped from my comic:58b6bae1cec1d_trunktrunk.thumb.png.7e651f9414e871fd9a7a51eb8998a068.png

d25e136af747ac63c201d4964421e285.jpg

NOWW I FIND IT.AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

5b6fde55998da_Charliesvalentinegifts.thumb.png.ed0705b3465ba3c3c0436718709b3057.png

Finished it today since the other day I spent all day searching for color refs for this and the other piece I worked on today(which you can find in my catawampus thread. The Postern, Brassiers, and cage came from the concept arts I found through google images and screencaps from the art stream. The easiest to find color ref was the chest but other than that, the rest seem to have disappeared.

Thought it'd be a interesting challenge to combine the previous concepts for the Postern and make them all connected. I really liked the idea of the flower with the eyeball.

So another tribute to the valentine time of this year.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 3

Raspberry Shake    5,068
1 minute ago, minespatch said:

5b727d5ac0a9f_WarlytheCullinarianknight.thumb.png.173051301f393df1853f0965dc1dc47e.png

Reminds me of cyber Jesus sword from Drawfees Bad JRPG Summons

Spoiler

image.png.1352b2bfd5286fb00c7f72584614378e.png

Spoiler

The full video:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

gallusvarius    919

5b727d5ac0a9f_WarlytheCullinarianknight.thumb.png.173051301f393df1853f0965dc1dc47e.png

The baguette sword is a fan object but I'd thought it'd be fun to have Warly gearing up for adventure. With a crabbit plush and chef-pouch as protection for his big journey.

You draw Warly pretty well. His pose seems pretty proud, and you did well with his boots. 

• Like 1

Raspberry Shake    5,068
23 hours ago, minespatch said:

5b77beaeaae65_Pigkingsittingassidefromthesowempress.thumb.png.627b080754cc5da23089b6c5938de88f.png

"insert terrible thicc joke"

On 8/16/2018 at 7:13 PM, minespatch said:

5b75236ccecac_Hunchbeastsofnotredam.thumb.png.f57b2077406b36de0019907dd1634621.png

NOT THE GARGOYLES, ANYTHING BUT THEM

• Haha 1