[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

Rhi's tune ends as the last goblin is felled. "Ah-ha! An excellent performance! Thanks for guarding my tail!" he pranced about and then noticed that big troll corpse towering up above them. Rhi, being a tiny kobold, was rather surprised, he quickly scampered behind Miles and looked ahead, lute at hand. He thought quickly. Undead are weak against blunt weapons. Miles had that gigantic hammer, and heavy gear. If combined with-- Oh, she was already going?! The kobold quickly recalled a specific tune and, gathering some blind courage, he jumped to land on Miles' shoulders, he had merely the size and weight of a toddler for the bulking steam warrior, so it wouldn't bother her. Atop her shoulders, he started to sing a Song of Greatness! The lute helped. The song was dedicated to Miles. She was going straight for the beast though and this made the kobold a little nervous.

"Oh crap oh crap oh crap! Uhhhm...!"

Spoiler

"Her plated armor burnished bright,
One gauntlet bronce, the other brass.
Her helm alive with brilliant light,
Her hammer danced with rage!"

As they closed in, his rythm increased with nervousness.

"This hero faced her greatest test;
This battle might complete her quest.
The weapon she carried bore its crest;
And Tony was its name!"

Less than a few feet away he gritted his teeth but continued.

"And locked in battle, toe to toe!
She stood against her mortal foe!
Exchangingblowfordeadlyblow!
Asmallandsavagewar!!"

"Gonna hurt, but might as well..." A piano seemed to be playing, and Myth smacked the troll, before plunging both of his swords into the back of it's skull, at the same time as Miles smashed it. Myth winced, landing on the ground. In a falsetto voice, he squeaked; "NOT THE CIRCUMSTANCE I WANTED YOU TO TOUCH MY JUNK!!" He then, rather up heroically, threw up, his groin and lower torso battered badly.

(Danny pls I'm the Dungeonmaster here and I determine the outcome. But I wanted to see if others have anything else to say but atm it appears that the Troll is already taken care off. And I won't let you get away with just a few scratches that's some broken bones you will get here.)

(Okay, one: I'm pretty sure it's one action per turn, and two: again, we state the actions we want to take and Mr.P determines the outcome.

Also if you were to get hit with Tony in that area your junk would be completely obliterated, so...)

(Again I don't mind when you guys describe what you do in greater detail heck that safes me a lot of work but outcomes are my domain I decide what happens to who and how. I don't mind when you do a bit of a follow up but you at least need to respect the basic rules I set up on page 1. We did the same to you in Mafia heck first time around I hid posts for you cause you asked be to so let me do my thing on the same grounds.)

(Exactly you can charge into a troll if you want as Mena did but you can't just decide what happens to your character after both of you make bonemarrow out of it that's my job. Again since this is the first combat I will be a bit more forgiving but next time I take the soft mittens of and if anyone tries to break or bend the rules again then it's going to hurt. Not death out of the gate cause we haven't even had a bossfight yet but it's going to be a more severe wound other then just a few broken ribs)

(so lemme see how I can salvage this entire thing ugh. Just for reference I will probably be off after this post or at least unable to do another proper one after this so you guys get a bit of playtime for the RP part before we go any further into the dungeon)

As the troll crumbles into dust your group rejoices as it was the last foul creature that haunted this place.

Everyone also seemed to be mostly unscathed except for Mythril who had a unfortunate run in with Miles hammer and the trolls massive skull. Only a few bruises and some cuts here and there but nothing that was easily life threatening.

You decide to quickly patch up Myth as good as possible before carrying on in search of a proper campground so it would be possible to give him proper first aid.

As you wander through the corridor you come across a fork in the path. From both ends comes a faint light but different sounds can be heard from each.

The path to the left carries the sound of rushing Water while the one to the right carries the sound of rusteling leaves.

What path will you choose?

(This is also how I want to do room transitions from now on basicly I split the path in 2-4 different paths and give some slight hints on what lies ahead and you get to choose where to go. You know so I don't just pull you from room to room this is a CYOA after all so I guess you want some more options on where to go rather then me saying what's up next)

15 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

You decide to quickly patch up Myth as good as possible

Quentin hobbles over to Myth and dumps a potion of healing over his head. The fool deserved it after their recklessness.

Myth gave Quentin the finger and stood up. "Pundolf, can you dump a pint of water on my head? Potions dry sticky." He hobbled a bit. "Fething hells that hurt... Sorry for the unexpected waltz, I didn't realise you were swinging." He pulled a small bottle from his belt, and took a swig. "Nectar. Temporary 'healing' item, that basically patches you up for a while, then the bastard injuries re-open, unless you've gotten proper healing. Works as an painkiller though, as the numbing effect takes a while longer to wear off..."

Archived