[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

Quentin tried to protest but it was too late. The deed was done. The thing about that particular kind of healing potion was it had a strange reaction when it came in contact with water—it would release an unfathomably stench worse than even the dankest monsters imaginable. 

Oh well. At least one member of the group had a gas mask.

Miles glared down at the assassin, Tony still clutched in both her hands. She should have been celebrating taking out the huge foe in one mighty swing, but instead she was STEAMING. (oh no the puns have gotten to me.) This idiot ruined such an epic moment! 

"Here's a little tip: If I'm charging towards something, 

DON'T.

JUMP ON IT.

I COULD HAVE KILLED YOU, YOU IDIOT! YOU'RE LUCKY YOU CAME AWAY AS UNSCATHED AS YOU DID! HAD THE FATES BEEN DIFFERENT, YOU WOULD BE RED PASTE ON THAT WALL RIGHT NOW!" she lectured Mythril as if he was a fumbling rookie in an army boot camp.

"Goddamn potions, do I have to do EVERYTHING?!" Myth pulled the shadows together and washed them over his body, removing the smell and the residual stickiness. 

"As for you Miles, you may want to NOT SWING WHEN THE ASSASSIN IS TRYING TO DO HIS JOB! I SCREAMED 'WAIT!' "YOU NEARLY CASTRATED ME!"

Rhi jumps down Miles when the whole commotion was going on and he stands in between her and Myth. Although all of them would have to look down to see him due to his stature. He was sweating all over. "Hey, guys... We did it though, right? We made it as a team!", he frowned and smiled innocently, trying to change the subject. "Now, we have a path to choose. I'd say we take this one, where water sounds. We have a wizard of the deeps so we will have an advantage against any dangers that might appear!"

"You're saying that to the guy with very sharp blades, the ability to teleport, and whom barley sleeps because he's a menagerie of nocturnal and diurnal creatures that just levels out as 'feth it, let him stay awake, what do we care. Do you really want to risk ending up like a household pet?"

He composes himself.

"I apologise for the outbursts. Seriously." He looks around a bit. "Seems we need to once again pick a direction..." He leans down, the darkness aiding his search for marks. "Gah!" He jumps upward. "Strong paladin markings. "Burial ones. An adventurer died here... Maybe multiple..."

Rhi accepts the trophy and his eyes shine with joy. "Oh, thank you!" He treasures it with both hands and then hugs it. "Rhi-Rhi tries his best!", he stores it in one of his backpack pockets.

Miles open her mouth to rebuke the assassin again when Pundulf presented her a trophy. She takes it in one hand and chuckles, her hostility melting away. "Thank you." She cleared her throat and placed Tony back on her back. "We should work on our coordination though before something like this happens again. I really don't want to smear any of us on the wall, but at this rate I might not mind if it was Myth."

"I heard that. Actually, considering the 'armour' remark, we're even." He sighs. "Last group went that way;" he points to a tunnel facing north, which seems to have more 'structure' than the others. "I sense that we probably need to work on battle tactics. Miles could've killed me there, and it was a miracle nothing's broken, praise the dancing god..."

"He's my patron god. To me, everything good, or bad, is a result of my patron god. Harley is as close as we get to priests, and my order are as close to Paladins as we get. I'm pretty sure that there is a scribe out there praising Libertarius that he didn't break his leg in a fall."

"Why, what do you do? Worship multiple gods?"

"Oh, and also, it was an injury sustained by Shadowdancing. He covers that gak."

"Woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah"

"Woah."

"Hold up. You don't worship ANYONE?" (No rage at me please, i'm an Atheist IRL.) He takes a breath and continues.

"Show of hands, who worships a god or pantheon here?" He raises his own hand.

(Sounds he can't make are colored white. I think that's how I'll do it. I'll probably forget occasionally)

"Pshhhh," Quentin hissed, "down here I'd choose my alchemy over some god any day."

"Far more reliable."

(Changed my mind, too tedious. I think he'll just be mute or something)

(EXPOSITION MODE ACTIVATE!!!!)

Mile stands there awkwardly in silence for a moment. Her hand isn't raised.

"Well... back in my homeland, there's this movement that's been gaining traction. The members of it seek to find scientific explanations behind magic, and they claim that the gods are nothing more than superstition; that the belief of all powerful, invisible beings that pass judgment or give blessings on mortals at their whim just isn't scientific. They say that any blessing from the gods are nothing but coincidences, and if you search thoroughly enough you can find a reasonable explanation for them all. Needless to say, this is a very heated topic of debate back in the north. There's stories of it splitting families apart; even some of these 'science extremists' being beaten in the streets by angry mobs." 

"I've seen a lot of crazy, seemingly unexplainable things throughout my life. I want to believe that science, constantly changing and improving, can explain everything, but I'm not sure I can. I just... I guess I don't know where I stand."

Grell lets out a grunt and brushes off some boneshards stuck on his wolf garb... he took a piece of beef jerky from within the many pockets of his wolf coat and proceeded to watch as everyone wanted to castrate the loud one... he wondered if he could use one of his bone weapons for it and would it make his voice go higher... it seemed a falsetto would complement Rhi's music...

He remembered... back when he was in the arena's waiting area... a bard got lost and found the warriors in getting ready for the fight... he was friendly enough... which got him in trouble with everyone else... needless to say, he had to play for our enjoyment before we let go of his... manhood... and promptly direct him to his master's watch box...

(to avoid confusion, the bard in the story is not Ys... it was a flashback... XD)

16 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

needless to say, he had to play for our enjoyment before we let go of his... manhood... and promptly direct him to his master's watch box...

Spoiler

( )

The tinker, muffled by cloth to fend off the foul stench, mumbles to himself. "That's what I get for going with a group of powerful strangers." He notices the difference between the routes and takes a step towards the sound of rustling leaves, then says out loud: "I suggest we head this way. Be it wolves or thorn bushes, it is easier to destroy and get past than fish or gush.", followed by rising the right hand and creating a short burst of fire from the so-called "blazethrower".

(Did you know there are private-use flamethrowers? O.o)

"My clan had this tradition of thanking nature after a good hunt, being thankful at the dead beast for giving us it's body as our food. We would then leave a small bunch of food the dead animal's species eat on the spot where we killed for the creature's family. 

Now, as trading between the clans became more frequent and open, we don't have time for traditions...and sometime don't kill the animals for food, but for trading the fur, or the skin, or other...depends on the beast."

1 hour ago, Mobbstar said:

(Did you know there are private-use flamethrowers? O.o)

(As a matter of fact I did.)

(They're perfectly legal and I own one. It's in the garage because I can't be bothered to get enough gas for it to run for any period of time.)

"So basically, bar me and Rhi-Rhi, No-one here is religious? Ok, ok, fine. Whatever. Like I said, last group went that way, I vote we keep following their trail for loot."

"Rhi you are right about us having a wizard of the deep, that should really help us in a water situation. But... *turns to Miles* well, a water situation would be a problem for our heavy knight. Unless she has a way to swim and not drown?"

Archived