Maxwell Memes: The Sequel

Please keep it clean and friendly and "on topic". Failure to do so will result in warnings or removal of your ability to post images.

If you don't know what is or is not appropriate, read this. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Kubicska said:

and now I’m trying to convince myself that Wanda isn’t objectively the most fun and possibly OP character in the game, because the alarming clock is just straight up broken (I love it) but I shouldn’t get used to it too much and try to branch out to other characters sooner or later because I feel like they deserve a chance too

Just embrace it. If you're enjoying a certain character, lean into it for a while until you either get bored with or have come to love that character.

• Like 1
  • Health 1

On 2/8/2024 at 7:51 AM, Kubicska said:

If you’ve played an “ungodly amount” of DST, then you should be relatively able to place yourself somewhere on the triangle (try it)

IMG_6518.png

We don’t talk about the forbidden cult of the players who have never played vanilla DST, they are just something else (not the girlfriend mod, help *pulls out cross*)

Spoiler

Illuminaticonfirmed.png.a06dcc30d2a8112d0b65aff38bcc2aa8.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sanity 2
  • Wavey 1
  • Potato Cup 1

On 2/8/2024 at 4:51 PM, Kubicska said:

If you’ve played an “ungodly amount” of DST, then you should be relatively able to place yourself somewhere on the triangle (try it)

I possess the holy trinity of being all things in game enjoyer. Also BWEEEE

image.png.322c2403d3dbc28c905efae729dbae7a.png

• Like 6
  • Sanity 1
  • Potato Cup 1

18 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Can someone explain this one to me. I haven't played much hamlet. Or maybe i just don't get it.

In Hamlet, Pogs can riffle through Chests or the Crock Pot. However, a Pangolden's Gold Dust can be used to create gold out of Gold Dust. If these similarities aren't enough, you can consider the Crock Pot's recipes and compare them to the Gold Dust recipe. In the Hamlet early game, Gold Dust is really integral to the cooking process, but later it falls off. Additionally, a Pangolden's meat can be duplicated by breeding. if a Pangolden enters your base, the Pog will try to kill it, but this is only true and you can prevent it easily. With a Pangolden and the Gold Dust, one can clearly see how much preferable it is over a Crock Pot with the cooking process. However this is only my subjective opinion, Pangolden's high HP and the Pog's low HP contributes a lot to deciding whether to make a Crock Pot or to buy meals from the store. If there are three Pangoldens in an area, they'll suck up the water from the ponds but not actually make gold because they don't all get enough Gold Dust because they are sharing the pond. This can be prevented by walling off the puddles of water and keeping the Pangolden inside, dual purpose here is that Pogs can't reach them. If this isn't enough to convince you, you should consider that gold is very scarce in Hamlet and Charcoal is plentiful, but that doesn't mean a Pog is less likely to attack a Pangolden. However, one should consider the presence of gems and Ruins items in the Hamlet ruins: a Pangolden's gold can help one to prepare tools for their spelunking archeology adventures, but a Pog or Crock Pot won't help much except dispatching bats as a Pog can attack but a Pangolden cannot. The Crock Pot in the image had to be edited to line up with the shadow, but I think it was worth it to get my point across. If you check the wiki page for Pangoldens I think it may be a bit more clear to you. I apologize for the ambiguity of my meme and I hope that the message is more clear once you read the message and play a bit more Hamlet. I hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Shopcat 1

50 minutes ago, ClumsyPenny said:

In Hamlet, Pogs can riffle through Chests or the Crock Pot. However, a Pangolden's Gold Dust can be used to create gold out of Gold Dust. If these similarities aren't enough, you can consider the Crock Pot's recipes and compare them to the Gold Dust recipe. In the Hamlet early game, Gold Dust is really integral to the cooking process, but later it falls off. Additionally, a Pangolden's meat can be duplicated by breeding. if a Pangolden enters your base, the Pog will try to kill it, but this is only true and you can prevent it easily. With a Pangolden and the Gold Dust, one can clearly see how much preferable it is over a Crock Pot with the cooking process. However this is only my subjective opinion, Pangolden's high HP and the Pog's low HP contributes a lot to deciding whether to make a Crock Pot or to buy meals from the store. If there are three Pangoldens in an area, they'll suck up the water from the ponds but not actually make gold because they don't all get enough Gold Dust because they are sharing the pond. This can be prevented by walling off the puddles of water and keeping the Pangolden inside, dual purpose here is that Pogs can't reach them. If this isn't enough to convince you, you should consider that gold is very scarce in Hamlet and Charcoal is plentiful, but that doesn't mean a Pog is less likely to attack a Pangolden. However, one should consider the presence of gems and Ruins items in the Hamlet ruins: a Pangolden's gold can help one to prepare tools for their spelunking archeology adventures, but a Pog or Crock Pot won't help much except dispatching bats as a Pog can attack but a Pangolden cannot. The Crock Pot in the image had to be edited to line up with the shadow, but I think it was worth it to get my point across. If you check the wiki page for Pangoldens I think it may be a bit more clear to you. I apologize for the ambiguity of my meme and I hope that the message is more clear once you read the message and play a bit more Hamlet. I hope this helps.

Please tell me if I understand what you are saying:

Crock pots are alright at making food, but if you keep Pogs around then they will try to eat your dishes. The crock pots also become unnecessary in later stages of the game if the player is rich enough to just buy good food.

Alternatively, a player could forego the crock pot in favor of farming Pangoldens for gold. Gold can be used in crafts or obtaining Oincs, which can buy anything you need from the stores. There is always the threat of something killing the Pangoldens, like friendly Pogs, but effective management reaps great rewards in a more mentally stimulating experience.

You say you can breed Pangoldens but I have never seen them reproduce and the Wiki makes no mention of it. Do they respawn or something?

• Like 2