[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss: Preperations

PhelsarusBeel

Next Adventurer  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who shall join the group next?

• Soto
    • T4T3R
    • Mezukie

So i decided to keep this waiting for 1 more day. Mostly cause I was a bit busy the last few days (currently in the process of moving rooms) but also cause I thought we might as well wait the 2 more days so Dwer can join in from the get go.

You said you'r avaiable on thuesday right @DwerBomb? Not that I confuse things here.

Sure beans. But it's rather late over here (almost 10 PM) so I won't be able to get this going today. So basicly going to do some more prep work (currently writing on skills) and then tommorow around 2 PM CET I will probably get this going (for real this time).

2 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Didn't quite work out, eh? Oh well, haste makes waste.

I blame Heartstone XD. Started playing recently and sometimes just forget the time.

Probably should get going right now so BRB making the thing.

1 minute ago, Mr.P said:

I blame Heartstone XD. Started playing recently and sometimes just forget the time.

Probably should get going right now so BRB making the thing.

Worthy distraction. I forgive you.

Now you gotta make a cardslinger class, too.

50 minutes ago, Blewcheese said:

Worthy distraction. I forgive you.

Now you gotta make a cardslinger class, too.

Ehhh at this point i doubt it that I can quickly write something new up. For one because I have the "Create new topic" tab open and also because I already have a good amount of classes going and don't wanna swap some around again (also because that would leave one class unused).

Maybe I do something like that if I make a Season 2 of this type of game but after I'm done with this i want to try something else (something that involves a lot of Tophats and Monocles and maybe Airships).

I've decided to make a list of who wrote their intro by now and the name they gave their character if they did (Please correct me if I'm wrong):

@Dannyrulx Mythril

Appearance:

Spoiler

He tossed his head back to let a medium-length crop of black hair shower onto his shoulders. The assassin was wearing a set of midnight black leather armor, that covered his torso and legs but neglected his arms, so well-worn and supple that it seemed like an extension of his own skin, whisper quiet when he moved. Under that, he wore a light grey tunic, and a pair of leather boots. His swords were strapped across his back, vertically, for ease of acess, and he had a few light knives attached to his legs. He wore no helmet, and a pair of gloves thinly stretched over his hands.

The Shadow Dancer:

Spoiler

The art of assasination has been improved over the years and creating a lot of different subcults. This man hiers from one of them that sees the act of fighting and killing like a beatiful dance between two partners with only one remaining once their dance is finished. Using 2 shortswords the Shadow Dancer is a fast and nimble opponent who prefers to kill his prey through death of a thousand cuts. Being an assasin also means that he's skilled in the art of not being seen meaning that suprise attacks are the best way he sees to start his deadly dance.

Skills:

@Mobbstar Pih-Dit or "Pit"

Appearance:

Spoiler

The tinkerer checks his gadgets and gizmos for potential fall damage. The sheer amount of items attached to him make him look like a mechanical humanoid, but there is a human underneath.

pihdit1.thumb.png.05bb4ce85e729d60bd62bae87131b316.png

The Tinker:

Spoiler

The great cities of the north are proud of their inventions and their advances in different fields of science. This man is nothing but a humble adept in the fields that the great Forgemaster created many years ago but that still means that he has knowledge of things most people have never heard of. In combat the Tinker trusts his selfmade Pistol that he upgraded with a variety of different gadgets to give it a big more punch. He also wields a bunch of gizmos with him allowing him to shape the field of battle to his likings.

Skills:

Spoiler
  • Attacks
    • Blazethrower - Sets up to three targets on fire, dealing damage over time. Has a literal cooldown of five turns, if skipped, the wielder ignites themself as well.
    • Propelled Lunge - Spring soles and rocket boots launch the tinkerer at a foe, certainly stunning it (can be resisted). However, the tinkerer thereby places himself among the enemies.
    • Crackshot - Shooty Shooty, not much to say. Physical and all that stuff.
    • Stock Blow - Punching with a gun is desperate, but possible.
  • Buffs
    • Brightshot - A bang and many short-lived sparks draw attention to whatever this bullet hits, but it doesn't cause as much damage.
    •  
    • Arms Buzzer - Can only be used out of combat. Enhances one ally's weapon to give it a stun chance until the end of battle. (non-magical)
  • Other
    • Chainclaw - Escape the battlefield. Only possible if not hit previous turn.
    • Earthwire - Passive 75% electric resistance. (non-magical)

@Youknowwho right now "Pundolf"

Appearance:

Has not made a description I can find

The Wizard of the Deep:

Spoiler

The world houses a lot of hotspots for magic but the great wizards never expected one to be in the deepest depths of the ocean. But that didn't prevent them from creating a magical city on it to harness the unique powers near it. This man comes from this city and his magic reflects this very well. Being able to create water out of thin air the Wizard of the Deep can crush his foes using heavily solidified water as well as being able to create tentacles out of thin air.

Skills:

@Ysulyan Rhi-rhi or "Harley"

Appearance:

Spoiler

Rhirhi.thumb.png.065ac6111575d1b39fab597c2755816f.png

The Harlekin of the Dance God:

Spoiler

Music was always a thing the gods favoured but no one love it as much as the one only know as the dancing god. Those favoured by him are granted magical lutes and sickles to bring both cheerfull laughter to friends and shift justice to foes.

In combat the Harlekin prefers to stand back and disrupt foes or help his allies with the power of hius magical lute by playing powerfull songs that can easily shift the tide of battle.

Skills:

Spoiler

Mad Dance [Mind-Affecting]: Requires Sickle and Voice.
Rhi's Farming Sickle that he used back home is tainted with the whispers of the Dancing God, and attacking with it along with a chant makes one subject feel an undeniable urge to dance and begins doing so, complete with foot shuffling and tapping. The effect makes it impossible for the subject to do anything other than caper and prance in place. The effect imposes a penalty to Armor and Reflexes, and it negates any armor bonus granted by a shield the target holds. The dancing subject provokes attacks of opportunity (cannot dodge if attacked).
Target: Living creature (this means undead are unaffected), allied or enemy
Can be magically resisted?: Yes

Songs of the Dancing God [Supportive Buffs]: Requires Lute and Voice.
Once per combat event, Rhi can use a song or poetic to produce effects on those around him and himself. The effects last for the entire combat. If Rhi is deaf there's a 20% chance to fail this attempt.
He can only choose one of the following:

Countersong: He can use his music or poetics to counter magical effects that depend on sound (but not spells that simply have verbal components).

Inspire Courage: He can use song or poetics to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities slightly.

Inspire Competence: He can use his music or poetics to help an ally succeed at a task. The ally must be able to see and hear Rhi. Rhi must also be able to see the ally. Rhi can’t inspire competence in himself.

Inspire Greatness:He can use music or poetics to inspire greatness on a single willing ally, granting him or her extra fighting capability. To inspire greatness, an ally must hear him sing. He or she who is inspired with greatness gains bonus damage, extra health, fortitude and damage mitigation.  Rhi can’t inspire greatness in himself.

Inspire Heroics: Inspire tremendous heroism on a single willing ally. To inspire heroics, Rhi must sing and an ally must hear him sing. Someone so inspired gains a morale bonus and dodge bonus. Rhi can inspire heroics in himself.

@MenaAthena Athena

Appearance:

Spoiler

The Steam Knight thankfully didn't follow the cliché of women in RPGs always wearing absurdly skimpy and revealing armour. In fact, her armour was so bulky and covering that one wouldn't be able tell it was a woman underneath if her clashingly adorable and bubbly voice didn't give it away. Steal and iron encased practically every square inch of her body, save for when the visor that went over her eyes was up, which it currently was. Little pops of steam accompanied the clanking created when she moved, signs that pistons in place for assisting with movement and lifting were doing their jobs. This armour was clearly designed without concern for stealth, but instead for raw power and protection. (For reference I like to imagine this armour as looking something like the first version of the Iron Man suit that Stark made while in a cave :3)

The hammer slung diagonally over her back was a hulking piece of intimidating weaponry. The head was about twice the width of a man's skull, a polished flat surface on one end, and a miriade of exhaust and propulsion pipes jutting out of the other. Always kept clean and polished, this weapon was clearly the Steam Knight's pride and joy. 

The Steamknight:

Spoiler

The great cities in the North are know for creating technologie far beyond human immagination. This stoic knight clad in heavy platearmor came to the Abyss to show everyone that technology is certaintly mightier then magic. His arsenal consists of a mighty warhammer infused with the power of steamtechnology and a shotgun with different types of ammo.

Skills:

@LiptonPee Jasmine

Appearance:

Spoiler

venomancer.thumb.png.674b0f6f6fd7e1c9467bf0650d4dfc14.png

The Venommancer:

Spoiler

The great swamps breed a colorfull amount of wierd creatures but they also are the home of this mans art. Having no blood but instead boiling poison in his veins the Venommancer is able to create poisonous clouds to kill his prey slowly or melt their flesh away with a precise acid surge. If all of that fails he still has his trusty sword laced with the same poison that runs through him.

Skills:

@GiddyGuy Jordan

Appearance:

Has not made a description I can find

The Temporal Wizard:

Spoiler

Time. A meaningless concept for this man as he masterd the control of this fragile concept of the many centuries ago. In battle he trust in his time manipulation powers to slowdown the movement of enemys or increasing his own reflexes. Some even say that time heals all wounds. This might be false but it certaintly increases the healing of smaller wounds.

Skills:

@Soto8969 Dummkuf

Appearance:

Spoiler

Dummkuf past is unknown he only remembers the momment he was possesed by the Demon. After those events he wanted to find answers, to know his past. How he went into the Abyss you may ask, He was in a bar in a town close by and he heard 2 people talking about a dungeon full of demons, so he decided to put the phrase "Fight fire with fire" to the Next Level.

The Demoniker:

Spoiler

To fight the abyss one must frist become one with it. These words are more then true when talking about this man. Hailing from the Charred Scar a region that previously was the location of a dark portal leading to the realms of demonic influences. Even years after the portal got clased the land still holds its scars and shows them with pride. Only the braves of people settle in this cursed region as it still is home to the otherworldy powers that once reigned here. 

Imbued with the power of a demon the Demoniker only knows one goal. The total destruction of the otherworldy influences and he uses every possible way to achive his goal. In combat he's a feriocious foe wielding a claymore and the powers of th abyssal fiends. If the situation is dire he can call upon the power of the demon inside of him transforming into an even more fearsome foe.

Skills:

@Zeklo Quentin

Appearance: 

Spoiler

The Alchemist was quite short, and due to the immense weight of the large alchemical basin he carried on his back, he was hunched over—doing his stature no favor. Every inch of his body was concealed to some extent, and it made determining his race, as well as gender, quite the challenge. His face for example was hidden behind a skull-and-crossbones-looking gas mask. Extensive consumption of unstable potions had melted away most of the skin below his nose leaving nothing more than his vile colored teeth and long stringy flesh holding it all together. Bags clung to the bottom of his seemingly always wide open eyes which were always an irritated shade of red. 

More so, extensive amounts of tubing ran along his body—most noticeably from the back of his hands to his wrists, the heel of his feet to his ankles, and around his shoulders. Absurdly long gloves and boots extended out to protect his skin from any splashes, accompanied by a long exaggerated lab garment. If there was a pocket or the tiniest of crevice then they were most likely filled with vials. Yes, vials littered every nook and cranny on and inside his clothing. Even his gloves and boots contained vials. In fact, the tips of his gloves were vials—or syringes rather. His only weaponry were his potions and a small mist gun that connected to the basin via tubing. Most odd of all, however, were the metal bracers attached around the base of both arms, legs, and neck. Each and every one could be tightened manually. Their purpose was simple: to prevent certain substances from flowing through his bloodstream.

Spoiler

LJooaVD.gif

The Alchemist:

Spoiler

Potions, tinktures and explosions are the bread and butter of this peculiar fellow. While not being a fighter per se the Alchemist knows how to protect himself using varying types of potions to either weaken those who oppose him or using his more unstable mixtures to blow them up. He also knows the art of mixing potions to help those who are in need be it an increase in strenght or the sealing of wounds. If he knows a recipe you can trust in his abilitys.

Skills:

@Blewcheese Hammerhead

Appearance:

Spoiler

The first notable thing about the bombardier was not the bombardier himself, but the haphazardly forged grenade launcher slung over his shoulder. It seemed to be made of spare parts hastily taped and strapped together, and seemed like a rather untrustworthy thing to be used to handle explosives. It wasn't enormous, and he seemed to be able to carry it with ease.

Additionally, the bombardier had multiple satchels and large pockets either strapped to his jacket or hung over his shoulders. Presumably, there were explosives in there. His clothes were practically completely darkened with gunpowder and slightly charred. He wore some sort of jacket-vest over his shirt, which had four pockets on each side, all of them full.

The bombardier himself was relatively short and relatively thin, but nothing outstanding. His black hair was charred in places, making it uneven and untidy. His face had several burn marks as well as a thin layer of gunpowder. Black markings were carelessly plastered on his face in a war-paint fashion, in stripes along his cheeks and under his eyes. He wore a pair of thick blast goggles as well as a rather cheerful smile for someone who had just detonated the wrong bomb above a group of people.

The Bombardeir:

Spoiler

The art of creating explosions is a fickle one as it's just as dangerous to the user as it is to his enemys. The Bombardier masterd the art of creating highly explosive weapons years ago and urges to find "testsubjects". His pouches filled with bombs of different sizes and strenghts he also wields a makeshift grenade launcher to launch his "presents" in the ranks of his enemys. Should enemys get to close to him he still has the option of either using one of his smokebombs or going hand to hand with his enemys using a simple short sword.

Skills:

@Battal Battal

Appearance:

Spoiler

From the entrance emerges a hulking, menacing figure.  A cold wind rushes down the corridor as he walks down it, his boots leading frozen footprints on the stone ground.  A few snowflakes are caught in the wind and swirl to the floor, even though it is not snowing outside.  While only visible as a silhouette, a wide array of weapons could be seen; hand axes, tomahawks, throwing axes...anything that was large, dangerous looking, and ended in "axe" was in his arsenal.  Slung across his back was the crowning jewel of his armory; a massive double-edged axe, almost as long as the Cryobarian was tall, and with axeheads the size of stop signs.  It was a simple weapon, with no adornments or carvings; but it didn't need any.  The imposing figure steps into the light...

"Oh, come ON, Jasmine!  You chickened out on the duck onesie thing?!?!?"  He complains.  "Now I just look silly in this spider thing."

40% Joke:

572a28f26d3c7_cryobarianoutfit.thumb.png.1175e0845f8ac414c83bbb6bf36d2916.png

The Cryobarian:

Spoiler

The frozen wastes are the perfect breeding groud for some of the most ferocious warriors. The best of them are blessed by the goddes of ice allowing them to channel the element of their homeland through their bodies. Cryobarians are fearsome foes swinging a giant waraxe as well as possesing the ability to freeze foes or cause havok around them with a massive snowstorm.

Skills:

@Asparagus Grell

Appearance:

Spoiler

Years of killing served him well, his body was now a towering wall, his so muscles thick that arrows do not pierce... callous all over his body, strengthen his defenses... the wolf pelt that reminds him of his loss, hanging on his head like a shroud... an axe, a hammer, and a spear head, fashioned from hardened wolf bones hang on his belt, weapons he often use to inflict more pain on his enemies... pain pays especially on the arena...

The Gladiator:

Spoiler

Shaped on the bloodsoaked battlefields of the Arena this man knows how to fight and protect himself. Having survived hundreds of battles the Gladiator knows the in an outs of of close quarter combat but is also trained in the use of more exotic weapons. He came to the Abyss for one of two outcomes. Death or Glory.

Skills:

@DwerBomb "Eye"

Appearance:

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.a16d0d121cf5dd3627d9839a1fa446a6.jpeg

The Bowblade:

Spoiler

The bow might be a good weapon however in close quarters his wielder is rather defenseless. That's why the tinkmasters of the great citiys created this exotic weapon. At first glance it looks like an ordenary bow but with a quick twist this bow can be transformed into two blades ready to slice anyone into thin pieces.

These exotic bows where only given to the most skillfull of hunters and over the years these man became as swift and deadly as some of the most feared assasins. Using his marksmanship and his baldes the Bowblade is no foe to underestimate.

Skills:

Hasn't posted yet: (All of the original cast is accounted for.)

@Mezukie

Appearance:

????:

Skills:

@T4T3RGR3NAD3R

Appearance:

The Fruit Wizard:

Spoiler

Some say that anything can be turned into a school of magic and this man shows that this is indeed the case. One may wonder how the ability to create fruits out of thin air is helpfull for any combat situation but this crafty wizard knows how to make good use of his skills.

Disruption foes through perfectly placed banana peels as well as high velocity melons, apples and other fruits he's also a great companion to have around should hunger strike the group.

Skills:

Any with "Has not made a description I can find" I may have missed it or you didn't give an in depth description of your character, if you would like to post something here for me to input or tell me what page your description is on I can go find it and put it in.

1 hour ago, Mezukie said:

I've decided to make a list of who wrote their intro by now and the name they gave their character if they did (Please correct me if I'm wrong):

@Dannyrulx Mythril

@Mobbstar no name right now

@Youknowwho right now "Pundolf

@Ysulyan Rhi-rhi or "Harley"

@MenaAthena Athena

@LiptonPee no name right now

@GiddyGuy Jordan

@Soto8969 Soto

I'm Jasmine

Also as a side note could we hide any post with just ( ) so it will run smoother and put them here ? Only so Mr.P or anyone who needs to write their opening don't have to go through random posts not related to the topic.

I kind of regret naming the Steam Knight Athena now. I was just typing out my first post and thought I should give her a name and just chose the one I normally default to without any consideration for if it fit. Curse my stunted good naming ability! *shakes fist*

1 minute ago, MenaAthena said:

I kind of regret naming the Steam Knight Athena now. I was just typing out my first post and thought I should give her a name and just chose the one I normally default to without any consideration for if it fit. Curse my stunted good naming ability! *shakes fist*

you could change it :D, I will just change your name here if you do ^^ 

Archived