[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss: Preperations

PhelsarusBeel

Next Adventurer  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who shall join the group next?

• Soto
    • T4T3R
    • Mezukie

With what little D&D experience I have first-hand, I can say that race and relationship formalities are usually covered in brief and uncomplicated manner. "The heros bonded together, for fighting alone would be certain death." is one of those set phrases. Or "The alchemist is glad to, for once, not be accused of witchcraft. Truly, these people are allies."

(Of course, Mr.P might shuffle the typical usages up a bit.)

12 hours ago, Battal said:

By the way...P, did you break into my Google Docs account?

theabyss.png

Ehhhh tbh Abyss is probably the simplest name for a Dungeon. I mean sure I could have made references to a lot of games or otherwise but it's more about me writing stuff so I came up with a lot of stuff myself.

Then again I can probably name 5 games  or books that have sone sort of devious dungeon called the abyss

1 hour ago, Dannyrulx said:

Oh.

My.

God.

I want to hug Battal's new avatar.

I ship it

So since I was a bit busy today I will probably make the actual thread tommorow (also need to look up fitting music for the BG so you guys can immagine what mood i want to set :D )

ANyway instead some more classes cause why not.

Tinker:

The great cities of the north are proud of their inventions and their advances in different fields of science. This man is nothing but a humble adept in the fields that the great Forgemaster created many years ago but that still means that he has knowledge of things most people have never heard of. In combat the Tinker trusts his selfmade Pistol that he upgraded with a variety of different gadgets to give it a big more punch. He also wields a bunch of gizmos with him allowing him to shape the field of battle to his likings.

Bombardier:

The art of creating explosions is a fickle one as it's just as dangerous to the user as it is to his enemys. The Bombardier masterd the art of creating highly explosive weapons years ago and urges to find "testsubjects". His pouches filled with bombs of different sizes and strenghts he also wields a makeshift grenade launcher to launch his "presents" in the ranks of his enemys. Should enemys get to close to him he still has the option of either using one of his smokebombs or going hand to hand with his enemys using a simple short sword.

Wizard of the Deep:

The world houses a lot of hotspots for magic but the great wizards never expected one to be in the deepest depths of the ocean. But that didn't prevent them from creating a magical city on it to harness the unique powers near it. This man comes from this city and his magic reflects this very well. Being able to create water out of thin air the Wizard of the Deep can crush his foes using heavily solidified water as well as being able to create tentacles out of thin air. (and i swear to god I will instantly kill anyone who makes stupid jokes about this).

Well that's all for today in terms of infos. Now if you excuse me I need to look for some more music.

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

So we've heard all ten now. Ten classes ten people, yeah? Or is there more to it than just that?

I still got some more left. I said around 10 people doesn't mean it has to be 10 exactly. And Dwer already said that he can't play atm so I will write him into the story once he has the time to do so (would be a bit unfair imho if he can't play due to RL stuff).

Currently I'm actually breaking my head over at least 2 more people that signed up but I can't come up with good classes. Maybe I should look at some games or so and pick something I find that sounds pretty neat and isn't to generic (that's something I really wanted to avoid).

Well currently the only ones that are still class less are Soto and Dwer (had to juggle around a few classes after people wanted to call dibs on some)

Soto I might want something in the veins of a Berserker as this reflects the quick and sometimes mindless killing that happens in Hotline Miami. But just plain naming it berserker would be boring aswell as clashing him to much with the Cryobarian and the Gladiator.

Dwer on the other hand I had ideas for but since he doesn't start from the get go I decided to assing his class to someone else who was classless beforehand (and it still had to fit).

Maybe i make another Wizard for him since we currently stand at

4 Warriorclasses (includes mixed Warriors like the Cryobarian)

3 Full WIzards

2 Full Supporter

2 Ranger

(aswell as 1 secret class but shhhh)

Well either that or maybe something that mixes both ranged and melee combat as there isn't a full mixed fighter in the group yet.

An idea for a potential mixed fighter;

Someone who uses a Bow-Staff, or someone who uses a Boomerang.

For example:

Boomeranger 

Hailing from a dustier, rougher part of the globe, where animals are fast and scarce, and wood even scarcer, the societies quickly learnt how to be efficient hunters. With weapons that could return to them, and could be used in close combat to take down even the toughest predators, they quickly learnt that these tools could be used on man. This hunter is lethal at both long and short range, and has a eye for details, and an investment in the school of whup-ass, which he intends to claim.

(Dunno what the name would be for a Bow-Staff guy)

This soldier is the epitome of deadly, no matter where you are. He carried a flexible, metail-tipped bow, which is as deadly as it is ornatley carved. When the string is removes, the bow quickly becomes a lethal stave, cracking bones and hammering down on unprotected areas, causing bruising and often rupturing the skin. Good luck escaping from this guy.

1 minute ago, Ysulyan said:

I need a bard class

Only if i can base him of this guy

250px-Jester.png

2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Bearserkers are always fun.

OHHHH I love the idea of a Wereserker kinda guy. SOmeone who fights himself in a battlefury only to transform into a beats halfway through.

6 minutes ago, Dannyrulx said:

Bow-Staff

I think a dual blade might be more fitting then a staff tbh. Like say once the string is removed you can detach the bow into 2 halfs and you get 2 proper blades for fighting.

Still though love the input and I think i might be able to make something with that. Just give me a bit of time to properly write all the BG lore.

Let's get guessing people!

Current known classes:

Spoiler

Gladiator
Temporal Wizard
Steamknight
Venommancer
Cryobarian
Shadow Dancer
Alchemist
Tinker
Bombardier
Wizard of the Deep

Potential People:

Spoiler

Aspa
Mobbstar
DwerBomb - Class Pending
Giddy
Danny
Battal
Blewcheese
LiptonPee
(Zeklo)
Soto - Class Pending
MenaAthena
YouKnowWho
Mezukie
Ysulyan

45 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Did somebody say bard?

tumblr_nnn9q6DUzO1ripoweo1_1280.png

Sorry, thats not bard thats Aria using the Golden Lute. (Just Lore things)

Edit: Oh I understand now you, are reffering to the necrodancer!

Spoiler

REAL Crypt Of the NecroDancer SPOILER, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Spoiler

Because everyone should now that Bard is the Necrodancer itself.

Archived