PhelsarusBeel

Next Adventurer  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who shall join the group next?

• Soto
    • T4T3R
    • Mezukie

Will be off for the day guys.

Sure hope you have fun with the bones I raised and when I'm back tommorow I'm going to let some more dance (that Troll is still dead for now).

Gotta say now that it starts to pick up some steam I'm having a lot of fun writing it.

I was wondering if I should make a separate thread for the information about everyone so they could go there to see their skills or if they wanted to add stuff to it and also make it so you don't have to go through a lot posts just to figure out who had what name/skill/class/etc. What do you guys think?

34 minutes ago, Mezukie said:

I was wondering if I should make a separate thread for the information about everyone so they could go there to see their skills or if they wanted to add stuff to it and also make it so you don't have to go through a lot posts just to figure out who had what name/skill/class/etc. What do you guys think?

I was actually going to suggest this please go on

2 hours ago, DwerBomb said:

guyz

I need help choosing a palette

Here are a few versions? 

Hide contents

Hunter palette- elf.pngHunter palette- knight.pngHunter palette- mage.pngHunter palette- mountain.png

I like the second one :3 nice pixel art :)

7 hours ago, DwerBomb said:

guyz

I need help choosing a palette

Here are a few versions? 

Reveal hidden contents

Hunter palette- elf.pngHunter palette- knight.pngHunter palette- mage.pngHunter palette- mountain.png

Agree with the others the second one so far has the best color scheme.

Anyway just woke up gonna check the thread real quick and once I'm again on my PC we're going to get going again.

Currently got an Idea for a wee bit more of a CYOA  so once the spooky scary skeletons are taken care of you will get a bit more of a choice on where things will go. Just give me some feedback once that is done and maybe I will do further room to room transitions like that if you guys like it.

So I threw some more bones at you for the moment have fun with that.

And while we wait I thought I might talk a bit about the different games I use as reference material for a lot of stuff. This doesn't mean I rip stuff directly out of them but I use similar ideas to what they offer.

For for starters we got Tales of Maj'Eyal http://store.steampowered.com/app/259680/

and

http://te4.org/

Basicly a pretty good rougelike although it's also though as nails. For reference on the site you can get a free version what has most of the basic features while the Steamversion got a few more aswell as both expansions (what are well worth it in my opinion). So if you want to see a few of the things I'm going to may or may not include give it a go. Just don't expect pretty graphics it's a pure rougelike so it's for starters very textheavy (as in there is pages and pages of text) but also very basic in terms of graphics (at least it doesn't use ASCII code for everything)

Next up Dungeons of Dredmore http://store.steampowered.com/app/98800/

Another roguelike but a bit more on the silly side of things. Mostly in terms of skills (you got stuff like Mathmagician) but also a lot of jokes on common RPG tropes. It's also a lot more forgiving then Tales and still a fun game to play through. This was mostly a reference point for some of the classes we got but who knows the game is still early on.

The an obvious one that being Darkest Dungeon http://store.steampowered.com/app/262060/

I think I don't need to say much considering that I can't shut up about how good it is ontop of the fact that my profile picture is an enemy from the game.

Those are the three big ones that I tend to use a lot as reference material. Well that and a lot of fantasy novels written by different fantasy authors (mostly german ones but also other ones). Just thought you guys might want a lil behind the scenes glimpse at how I do this whole thing.

I tried my best on the one's with text only refs, so give them some slack! Feel free to suggest changes!

HwjN6O7.pngRvJ7GWV.pnggt9IQ8T.pngBNYKd7J.pngREjEjt4.pngO0I4sKb.png

I'll need some descriptions of Jordan & Dummkuf if those are to be done. I had Grell "done", but I'm not happy with it atm.

21 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I tried my best on the one's with text only refs, so give them some slack! Feel free to suggest changes!

U3WiH70.pnguYSPWgG.pngQa0BtVJ.pngPuDr8O3.pngoB8YZPg.pngQ4CnYt8.png

I'll need some descriptions of Jordan & Dummkuf if those are to be done. I had Grell "done", but I'm not happy with it atm.

MORE FANGIRL SCREAMINGS

22 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Added description on the character information post. Oh, and here is the picture if you don't want to go to the other post.

Spoiler

Dummkuf.png

Ok guys will be off for the day

Got some sweet stuff planned so hope you look forward to that.

And don't do anything stupid while I'm asleep (looks towards Toast and Danny).

Otherwise we approach the first campphase. Although If you guys want we can skip it for now since no one is really injured and we only had a few things happening right now. Just tell me if you want to skip it or not and I will instead choose a different event for the next room.

1 minute ago, Mr.P said:

Ok guys will be off for the day

Got some sweet stuff planned so hope you look forward to that.

And don't do anything stupid while I'm asleep (looks towards Toast and Danny).

Otherwise we approach the first campphase. Although If you guys want we can skip it for now since no one is really injured and we only had a few things happening right now. Just tell me if you want to skip it or not and I will instead choose a different event for the next room.

(I hereby solemnly swear to not do anything stupid at anytime, even though I am a moron.)

21 minutes ago, Dannyrulx said:

Please do! He carries his blades vertically (i.e; from shoulder-to-waist.) Oh, and his skin is kinda reddish due to his dæmon heritage.

Due to pixel constraint I can't make the blades vertical as they wouldn't be visible, so I'll leave them off for the time being. As for the skin though, how red we talking?

HjvdJQZ.png

Too much, too little? If I make it any lighter it just looks like pinky skin, and anymore it just looks like their fuming. 

Ok I'm awake again so as usual once I'm on my PC I get going on the next few things.

Also small applause for danny. I expected you to try and eliminate the Black Knight since he was in the best position for getting suprised. Maybe it was a bit to obvious bit let me just say that you haven't seen him for the last time.

Again I write new stuff on the fly and I decided that I need some more high class minions so to say. You know guys that are smarter then the common orc or skeleton. That being said he's not untouchable but until I decided that I don't have use for him anymore well lets just say fighting him might be a bad idea.

I still can't help but feel I messed up on Aspa's character, so if I misread, messed up, or you just have suggestions then tell me!

mnEDU6Y.png6fTNRKy.png4dPGnut.png

Complete Set (Minus Mezukie & T4T3R of course):

Spoiler

BNYKd7J.pngRvJ7GWV.pngO0I4sKb.pngh9LvYO4.pngQFjz23p.png6gvi9qm.png6fTNRKy.pngmnEDU6Y.pngKkblEYJ.pngREjEjt4.pnggt9IQ8T.png4dPGnut.pngHwjN6O7.png

If there are any complaints, requests, etc in design and stuff don't be shy to speak up!

12 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

don't be shy to speak up!

It took me a minute to figure out what Lipton's is supposed to be. It looks like a mask with blue eyes pointing right... I guess you should put the jewellery higher.

Archived