Shouldn't Klei create an special item for beta players?

6 minutes ago, nome said:

Couldn't agree more, that's why we did exactly that thing. :)

I'm just super slow at getting them to you. Luckily @Diabu is on the case now and he's much faster than I am.

Will players who received Together for having the singleplayer be able to get this gift as well?

• Developer
4 minutes ago, Mudley said:

Will players who received Together for having the singleplayer be able to get this gift as well?

Anyone who helped us test this game during Early Access (specifically, if you signed up for an account before we left early access and validated your email address) will get the Early Access gift.

Just now, nome said:

Anyone who helped us test this game during Early Access (specifically, if you signed up for an account before we left early access and validated your email address) will get the Early Access gift.

-cough- Does the gift have anything to do with the "Shadow torch" that was in the skin strings file for a moment, then got removed? :wilson_wink::wilson_wink:

9 minutes ago, nome said:

This error won't screw me over will it? I just noticed it.

gaiSo9K.jpg

man i was scared this was going to happen.

I really like when games reward their players for being with them from the start and that's great and is appreciated but what im worried about is having ghastly gibus equivalant items in don't starve together. Im trying to say that I just personally feel like all the Royal quality items are going to be overrsaturated. I just hope you guys at klei don't jam pack the game with a BUNCH of skins because i feel like you guys are going to do like: SUPER DUPER ALIEN SKINS - or like - ZOMBIE INVASION HALLOWEEN 2016 or something off the theme of don't starve. I imagine it could be very easy too considering the word "uncompromising" at the bottom of the main menu which is basically like a free ticket to put anything...  uncompromising? Don't get me wrong I love the whole character customization but are you guys going to ever draw the line on skin production? One of the main reasons why I left Team Fortress 2 is because the overrsaturated hats and cosmetics and how alot of the time the cosmetics would just kind of ruin the games feel. It just felt like the game was a big dress up simulator more than an actual first person shooter and im just really worried the same will happen to don't starve. I really do enjoy the game and the community is great but the fear of the skins overpowering the game is really high. I think you guys have done an EXCELLENT job with skins so far though and I really appreciate the hard work and effort you guys put into DST.

8 hours ago, nome said:

No.

8 hours ago, MerelyMelly said:

-cough- Does the gift have anything to do with the "Shadow torch" that was in the skin strings file for a moment, then got removed?

I predict it's going to be more meymey

9 hours ago, MerelyMelly said:

-cough- Does the gift have anything to do with the "Shadow torch" that was in the skin strings file for a moment, then got removed? :wilson_wink::wilson_wink:

its slightly different firepit (mini monument) 

11 hours ago, nome said:

I don't remember if I validated my email. Will I still get the special gift? I have over 400 hours into Don't Starve Together http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198148269888/

I don't know if klei guys should give us more stuff, I mean, they gave us "the game" itself, RoG for free in it, and the upcoming DLC, they could perfectly sell everything but they didn't, I can't understand how is supposed to klei will pay their bills if they give all their work for free?, I'm happy to know that there are people who don't think like EA but thats so kind that is hard to believe.
Klei staff, thanks for everything... you don't have to do anything else, by the way, the game is all that I expected in terms of quality and content, thanks for making this, all of this

8 hours ago, Rily said:

I don't know if klei guys should give us more stuff, I mean, they gave us "the game" itself, RoG for free in it, and the upcoming DLC, they could perfectly sell everything but they didn't, I can't understand how is supposed to klei will pay their bills if they give all their work for free?, I'm happy to know that there are people who don't think like EA but thats so kind that is hard to believe.
Klei staff, thanks for everything... you don't have to do anything else, by the way, the game is all that I expected in terms of quality and content, thanks for making this, all of this

i don't think them giving us a free t-shirt or something is too much of a hassle for them

8370c54ee97f9ec515bd4870333b6511.png

3 hours ago, Chirpy said:

i don't think them giving us a free t-shirt or something is too much of a hassle for them

8370c54ee97f9ec515bd4870333b6511.png

I think that is more work for them, they must create something unique and put it accessible only for the beta testers, but if that is the case I would like something that says beta on it, something like a crash test dummy skin for WX78 or a skin for the portal with the old design, idk, I love the RoG firepit skin but I don't think that says "Reign of giants" on it, I played a lot this days and everyone who saw my firepit never thought about a relation with RoG, in fact, they asked me which mode was it 

Archived