Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

"I'd assume so, yes."

She cocked her pistol, making sure that the safety was off, before loading it again (if you cock an already-chambered pistol, you eject a bullet) "Last time, these guys weren't exactly the funnest of things to fight against. Let's hope that this time the extra people and firepower helps out."

The sound of barking immediately caught Levi's attention causing him to forget about both the whistle and the object in his hands. The barking had no rhythm whatsoever and it lacked any synchronization. 

"You're a disgrace to music lovers everywhere!" He shouted infuriated.

He would go back to being a cat person—even despite the meowing incident...

The baying of the hounds grew louder and more insistent. This time it was also much more numerous, there was many many hounds calling. Perhaps a dozen or more. Certainly many more than they had faced before. 

Maxwell could not resist temptation. The day started to wane rapidly into night on his whim. Let them face his hounds... in the dark! 

That sounded like a lot of hounds, quite a few more hounds than before, and now it was dark. They could come at them from any side, or all sides, and they wouldn't be able to see them coming. They couldn't fight that many, not in the dark like this. Bell picked up Mathew and put him over her shoulder. She pointed to the rod and then in the opposite direction of the hound's baying, her expression stern. If they were to last through the night, they would need to run.

• Like 2

Conner looked around franticly, not hounds again! He looked in his pockets for something to use to defend himself. He only found the flint from earlier but before he took the flint out he saw bell and following where she was pointing he picked up the rod. Turning to her he saw that she was pointing away. "Come on T.O.M, we need to go!" he said as he ran over to Bell.

As Bell slung Matthew over her shoulder, Matthew became aware of an odd, bony lump on her back. He was far too frightened to ask any questions, though, and instead gripped tightly to her shirt, desperately hoping she could run faster than the barking, howling monsters just outside their circle of light.

(DUH! I just rememnered, Red had a plan and ran off to get something)

Red came back with a couple hound teeth and wood. "Great now I just need a- h-hey wait!" Red shouted as he saw the others run off. He tried to pick up his stuff and follow them but he wasn't fast enough. He stumbled over, dropping the wood and hound teeth around him. (I'm amusing the mechanical spider is following them as well). He looked up and saw the light fade in the distance. He was in complete darkness. All he could do was hear the menacing growling of the hounds and the hissing of the night monster. He curled up into a protective ball. It almost sounded like there was a hound right behind him, breathing down his neck, ready to mawl him like a dog toy. "How do I get myself into this mess?" he said to himself "I'm supposed to be smarter than this!"

Spoiler

Red:

protective_red_by_dragonmage156_d9ups33_

"Why do you do this?"

Me:

rainbow_dash_shrug_by_dropletx1-d3j6g5i.

"They sound much more numerous this ti---" Just then Arca got picked up by T.O.M. "Ahh! T.O.M! I can walk... by myself!" She said as she frantically flapped her wings to keep her in balance. Her ring was also being pushed to her stomach by T.O.M's arm. Boy that was uncomfortable.

"That is fine... I appreciate your worry! What does bother me is the time of day... these hounds shall attack in the darkness! You are correct on retreating; they have an unfair advantage. Let us venture on!" Arca said and continued moving.