Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

"Wait!" Red runs after Matthew. He sees him on his knees, covering his ears. He ran up next to him. "Hey, everything is fine" Red said, trying to comfort him "whatever horrible thoughts or memories were induced by the sound is gone now. Here" Red offered him some berries to cheer him up.

Bell followed Tim and watched worriedly and curiously as he helped Tom. After a minute she noticed the boy a few yards away, and decided she would be more helpful there. Kneeling down next to him, she rubbed his back to try to comfort him. Mathew looked really tired...

"Matt! Hey" Art had been packing some food for lunch when she noticed he had run off. Art followed Red who had followed Matthew. She found him with his hands over his ears. She hovered for a moment uncertain about what to do and in the end she started to rub small circles on his back. 
"Hey... its okay.. do you want to come for a walk? We can try to find some place nice..." 

"H...aah..." Matthew smiled in response to the others' kindness, but his eyes had a blank, unfocused look to them. His thoughts clouded by exhaustion, he could only vaguely comprehend that everyone was crowding around him, asking him things and offering things out of concern. Embarrassed at his own helplessness, he clung tighter to his rabbit and tried to make himself as small as he could.

"Ahh! T.O.M! What has happened to you?!" Arca said, worried as she quickly flew over to Tim who was trying to fix the robot. "Is there anything I can assist with?" She asked Tim, but T.O.M already ran into the forest. "I will get him." She said, and flew after him. "T.O.M!" Arca yelled, trying to find him.

Art noticed Matthew seemed to have lost it a bit. Art took off her jacket and put it around Matthew and sat opposite him.
"Do you want some berries? Or carrot... I have some carrots here" Art said and fished about in the backpack for the food. She ate a few berries herself and then offered him some. She was not sure how to get him to come out of his state, she had read somewhere that slapping helped but she didn't want to slap a child. 

• Like 4

Bell didn't know much about medical things. To her it just looked like Mathew needed rest and some food. With some effort, she picked up the boy and set him down against the trunk of a tree in the shade. She used his hat to fan him with in one hand, and put one of the berries he was being offered up to his mouth, hoping he'd eat it even in this dazed state.

Matthew focused on the berry being held in front of him, then gently took it with one hand and placed it in his mouth. The flavor was a bit tart, but still sweet enough to still be enjoyable. He swallowed the berry, then looked up at Bell before speaking in a barely audible whisper. "Do you have some more?"

On 4/11/2016 at 6:37 PM, LadyD said:

...He dropped a few new people off in a site half a day's walk from the rest of them...

(Only took me a few days to realize I missed this... I'll probably post tomorrow. I'm off for the night.)

• Like 1

Arca accelerated her flying and finally caught up to T.O.M. she flew right past his head and swiftly landed in front of him. "T.O.M, where are you departing to-- ahh!" She managed to say before T.O.M clashed into her because he was still running.

Levi rested his hand upon his forehead and groaned. There was a relentless ringing in his ears, and a irritating scent. His head throbbed rhythmically. He couldn't help but sway along to the beat. He felt awful. No, awful didn't cut it. Just how long had he been out? More importantly where the hell was he? This place didn't look natural, let alone like something he was familiar with.

He supposed it was possible for it to be a dream, but then he sneezed. That settled it. Not even the most lucid dream could replicate his allergies—that's what he decided on at least—but if that were true then just what kind of place was this?