Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

Conner walked over to T.O.M with the rod still in his hand. "Hey are you ok? Need any more repairs? Arca's right... You sound different," he asked as he looked T.O.M over to see if there was any dents or something that would indicate damage.

Bell watched as the chaos unfolded with the kidnapping of Art, sitting beside Mathew protectively in case the familiar looking man  decided to take him to. She also watched as everyone's attention was diverted to the machine's changed voice instead of beginning the search for their kidnapped companion. Perhaps now would be a good time to get their attention and remind them of what was more important here. 

Bell stood and produced a small, silver whistle, kept on her for emergencies when she needed to draw attention since she had no voice to shout or scream. She took a deep breath, and blew into the whistle, producing a long, shrieking note that could be heard from quite a distance away, possibly attracting the attention of a newly arrived musician... (*COUGH HACK*)

• Like 1

What a harmonic sound! *Personal views may vary* Unfortunately Levi had his earbuds in and didn't hear a thing.

Levi immediately set off into a sprint towards the sound's origin, stumbling in the process.

• Like 2

Conner rubbed the back of his head once he got up with the help of T.O.M. "Maybe I should have watched where I was going.." he said then looked at Red noticing that he was looking at the rod. "I'm not sure what that is exactly but well I'm pretty sure it's interfering with T.O.M. Maybe Tim or Bell would know..?"

"Actually" Red said to Tim "his gears are perfectly fine. The odd behavior TOM was displaying before must have something to do with this rod" Red explained "it must be associated with dark magic, coming from Maxwell, and somehow interfered with TOM. I don't know about you guys but that voice from before was NOT his own."

"She got taken away." Matthew's voice was small, but serious - he watched the kidnapping take place earlier, but hadn't known what to make of it at the time. The water and berries had helped him start thinking straight, at least.

Edited by WaddleDee
Accidental doublepost

Bell was disappointed and slightly irked that her whistle hadn't achieved the desired effect. She was about to blow it again when Arca asked where Bell had gone and Mathew answered her. She nodded in confirmation. Maybe now they'd get on track.

Arca turned to Matthew. "Taken away? To where? ...By who? How?

... that does not matter!" Arca noticed she was a little overwhelming.

She bent her legs to get to eye level with Matthew. She calmly asked "Matthew, can you tell me where exactly she was taken?

Levi continued his awkward looking walk-run while humming an improvised tune until he inevitably ran out of breath. He hadn't gotten very far, but he did notice a small box in one of his pockets for the first time. It was labeled "music for dummies". 

He found that rather offensive.

"I thought they would be more productive than this" Maxwell commented and Art who was in a large golden bird cage glared at him and wrapped her hands around the bars before she replied
"What do you expect! You kidnap them, attack us with creatures and then attack me and drag me here!" 
"All for a purpose my dear, perhaps you are right though. Perhaps they do need a few more prods in the right direction" 
"Leave them alone!" Art yelled and shook the bars but there was no give in them.
"Just a little motivation for them to relocate and start building the portal" Maxwell told her and between his hands he spun shadows into the shape of hounds and whispered to them. then clapped his hands together and the shadows vanished.

In the world inhabited by the others they could hear the barking of hounds in the distance, their baying growing louder and louder gradually. 

(SEE? BELL WAS TRYING TO GET YOU GUYS ON THE RIGHT TRACK BUT NOOOOOOOO YOU HAD TO KEEP POKING AROUND WITH TOM DIDN'T YOU

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T NOT HAVE HOUND ATTACKS HAVE NICE THINGS)

(SEE? BELL WAS TRYING TO GET YOU GUYS ON THE RIGHT TRACK BUT NOOOOOOOO YOU HAD TO KEEP POKING AROUND WITH TOM DIDN'T YOU

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T NOT HAVE HOUND ATTACKS HAVE NICE THINGS)