Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

"I don't know what he will be. I have no idea if he has feelings or not, I have no idea about how he works to be honest" Art was spared from further musing by the fact that TOM woke up. It was rude to talk about someone behind their back and even more so to talk about someone like they weren't there. So Art left that alone. 
"I think its about midday, is anyone well enough to come with me to look for a place we can move to tomorrow?. Maybe we can find some rocks and make a proper fire pit as well" Art suggested. It just wasn't practical to keep one little fire they had going all the time. A fire pit was a much better idea, it would hold heat better, keep coals longer and over all be far more useful. Art grabbed the makeshift backpack. She was not sure how well it was going to hold up but it was worth taking in case they found anything interesting. 

Matthew stood up, rubbing some feeling back into his legs. Luckily, he didn't notice the tallbird's corpse, since he was too focused on his group. He did, however, notice the squirrel from before, awake and...talking? He began to slowly approach Red, half expecting him to bolt into the trees at any moment.

Some of Red's smaller cuts were mending themselves, while the larger ones were slowly but surely growing closed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WaddleDee said:

Matthew stood up, rubbing some feeling back into his legs. Luckily, he didn't notice the tallbird's corpse, since he was too focused on his group. He did, however, notice the squirrel from before, awake and...talking? He began to slowly approach Red, half expecting him to bolt into the trees at any moment.

Some of Red's smaller cuts were mending themselves, while the larger ones were slowly but surely growing closed.

(Did you just give Red super powers?... And Matthew only just noticed Red now? Something doesn't add up *eyes squint with suspision*)

Red looked at TOM and Sylvia with a puzzled look. "What? I don't have accelerated healing" he said "my body repairs itself at the same speed and everyone else". He wiped off any excess water still on his fur.

T.O.M took a look at the bottle of water next to Red.

That was it!

T.O.M could be whole again!

He would no longer feel this constant pain that plagues his metallic body!

He could hold two things at the same time!

He could be happy!

He could make everyone happier!

He could make Arca happier!

T.O.M took the bottle and poured it over his he-"ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR"

• Like 2

Red looked down at his cuts and realized they were healing faster than they were supposed to. "That's rather particular" he said with a puzzling frown. Then he looked us at the others wounds and realized they were sewing themselves up as well. "I'm not the only one, look!" he said, pointing at their cuts.

(The only time Matthew's noticed Red before was when he got knocked down with a mandrake. A tiny squirrel is kind of hard to notice when your attention is caught on angels and kitsunes and what-have-you.)

"AAH!" Matthew was startled by T.O.M's sudden, awful screaming. He reflexively started sprinting in the opposite direction, and although he didn't think about where he was going, he knew exactly where he wanted to be: away.

(No heals for you.)

Edited by WaddleDee
  • Like 1

"That's just brilliant. I go through the pain of stitching my bastard cuts up, and now..." She pulled open a penknife blade and cut the stitches, before pulling the threads out. 

Edited by Dannyrulx

Tim sees T.O.M pour water all over himself. "T.O.M don't do~" But it was too late. He gingerly takes his arm back and rushes over to T.O.M, smacking the water out of his hand. Tim kneels down and opens T.O.M's compartment, seeing water drip from wires that were hanging around inside. Tim switches his hand for a nozzle of compressed air and starts trying to dry off T.O.M. "T.O.M, can you hear me?" Tim says while working.

Unfortunately for Matthew, the crisis earlier had sapped what little energy he had left, considering he hadn't eaten since yesterday. He ended up only running about ten feet before the adrenaline ran out and he stumbled to the ground, where he pressed his hands against his ears in a feeble attempt to block out the noise.