Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

"TO Z MOON!"

"We must go to the root of our problems!" Syndir paused. Was that offensive to the—huh, well that's a bit strange. For whatever reason he couldn't come up with a good name for his the volcano god/dess. That's unusual.

He shook his head. "To the root." He repeated in an oddly calm manner.

• Like 2

Noccy sniffed Otto's face all around as they shoved their face up to his, seemingly not afraid of the otter anymore. After getting Otto's scent completely memorized, Noccy gave them a lick on the nose.

Timmi sniffed all the areas around Candy, trying to pick up on that hint of an icing fragrance in the air.

Otto recoiled, a bit perplexed at what Noccy just did. After a moment, he rubbed his nose and looked down at the small shadow pupper. "Er... thanks for the gesture but I think I'll lick my own nose next time it gets too dry"

(Otto doesn't understand affection! Please understand!)

Nadas was looking at Otto and analyzing his state when suddenly a small shadow creature appeared. This one looked exactly like those she had seen before, but... Smaller. Still, the gecko reacted with a certain amount of fear, noticing especially that it was too close to her leg wound, making her flinch and step back, gasping.

Then, she noticed it started to lick Otto's face, realizing that the... shadow pup-dog? ... was not acting so dangerously aggressive.

"What... Is that your pet?" she asked, dismayed.

It made sense now! This room was an interdimensional space rift for which it could expand into a room large enough to hold hoards of objects to appease the immense thirst for knowledge. Yup. " Well this room seemed to have the diseased liquid in it. Do not worry for there is a cure, or perhaps a mutation. I am unclear as further testing will need to take place," Silven said, eyeing the disease liquid. 

"My pet? Pfft! This thing was terrified of me when we first met. I think he belongs to that young gir-" then he got tacked by the small ball of shadow and licked furiously all over the face. "Ah! Hey! No!" then Otto began to laugh. "Hey, quit it! Ahah" For the first time in ages, Otto seems happy without staring at the face of danger... unless ofcourse Noccy was really a blood thirsty beast marinating Otto with his own saliva.

Noccy didn't seemed to hear Otto's desperate pleas for less affection, so the onslaught of kisses continued! Will the madness ever end?

Also, luckily for Otto, Noccy didn't like the taste of things marinated with his own saliva, so it was not likely that he was preparing him for a feast. 

"Oh? What is this Water's function? Can you show me more of this Water? Does it serve a purpose being in this room? Are there any relation to the terrain? Where does this Water come from? Does this Water have any relatives? Water is such a unusual name, who had labeled this as such? Was it always here? Do you know if it is labeled as anything else? Can it be the Angry? Am I Water? There must be history on it as it is so vast, do you know any?" as per usual the questioning began with Silven.

• Like 1

"Well, water has a lot of functions.  It's used for drinking, swimming, breathing, well not breathing for you actually, don't try to breathe water.  Sure, once you get out.  Yes, it's so all my fish stay alive.  Huh?  Idunno.  It's always been around.  No, water isn't a living thing so it has no relatives.  Who knows?  Yep.  Nope.  Nope.  Nah."

Niella answers Silven's questions almost as fast as he can ask them...which is very fast.  The rest of the crew is probably confused (and alarmed) about the giant monster enthusiastically talking to itself.

~~

Meritursas sighs in exhaustion.  Destroying ships was far easier than talking to people...especially this person.  "Captain human.  The masked person...has a suggestion."

Silven blinked. So he was suppose to go towards the gapping hole! Or maybe not, he wasn't an expert on this room. "I seem to have miscalculation and smack into the side of this room..." he said mostly to himself. He sat up but his left arm kept twitching. He looked at it in question. "Markless even more giant tursai, is there any chemical centers that may be nearby? My left arm seems to have malfunctioned during the.. The miscalculation,"

• Like 1

(Okay, so the Pyrosome thing that has the next Thing talked to Syndir through the potato thing, masquerading as another form of Syndir's fire god(dess), and told him to take the crew to it or he would die. Now Syndir has been trying to convince Meri that they needed to go to "the root" by drawing maps on his face, and Meri has no idea what he's talking about (and neither does he tbh) and has called Famen over to deal with it.

Noctimus split into two even smaller Noctimi to climb stairs. Those two, Dragon, and Otto have introduced themselves to Nadas and Candy, and now one of the Noctimi is viciously licking Otto's face while the other one is sniffing around Candy. Niella and Silven have just been shenaniganing.

I think that's pretty much it.) 

• Like 4