Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

22 minutes ago, Battal said:

Meritursas devours the universe Goose.

(Pretend that's crossed out, no formatting on mobile)

(Learn the formatting code you noob)

Edited by Zeklo
I'm on mobile ;D
  • Like 2

Jaw decides to sleep to ignore hunger. 

---------

Gilda decides to sleep too, all this action was very tiring. And her skin was all itchy and ...Sleep was going to be a nice distraction.

---------

Wheke was hiding in a barrel. Now she fell asleep in it.

• Like 1

(The forums are acting weird on the computer. For some reason I can't make posts on it.)

Kate picked Noctimus up in her hands and brought him up to her face to nuzzle him with her nose. The pupper's determination to cheer her up and Kade's hug had gone a long way to making her feel better. 

Kate looked up and saw that the sun had nearly set, and members of the crew had started falling asleep. Sure she had just had a nap, but if anything, that just made her more sleepy after how long she's been without any restful, well, rest. Again the fear of more nightmares crept up on her. If only there was a way to... wait, didn't Syndir say he could make something to stop the nightmares? What was it called; a dream catcher?

The girl stood up, still holding Noctimus, and stepped over to the uncomfortably sleeping masked man. "Um... Syndir?" she spoke quietly while prodding his side with her foot.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

(I'm pretty sure Syndir is on Niella's hand.)

(*shrug????* I just kinda assumed Niella put him back down on the deck before curling up and going to sleep so that he didn't, ya' know, drown or suffocate or get crushed into a pulp or something, but I dunno.)

Edited by MenaAthena

52 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

so that he did, ya' know, drown or suffocate or get crushed into a pulp or something, but I dunno.

(Mena confirmed evil and selfish)

(And yeah, she would've put him on deck.  She isn't that clueless.)

Edited by Battal
  • Like 1

Otto yawned. The sun is setting already? How odd, when was the last night fall? he wondered. He lay his head on the railing of the crows nest and his eyes drooped. He slept for a brief 2 seconds before shaking himself awake. No! I must stand watch. Who knows what other monsters and such will appear in the night.

He looked out and saw a faint figure. It was an iceberg. He called out to the others "ICEBERG! DEAD AHEAD!". They hit it and died. The end.

• Like 4

Syndir snapped awake flailing his arms temporarily. Even in sleep he would know that voice any where! Or he was just a light sleeper. Or he wasn't sleeping at all... but the point was he was awake now! 

"Yes miss crackling embers?" He bowed. "One devout follower ready to serve!"

His eyes widened. "IGNORANCE!" He shook his hand in the air. "SO FOOLISH OF I TO NEGLECT THE ONE PERSON WHOM I SOLELY EXIST FOR!

He cleared his throat. "My humblest of most dearest apologies. The dreamcatcher yes..." He started counting on his fingers and mumbling. "Wood... yes that'll do. Feathers... yes yes I could part with a few... string... hm..." He looked around a bit wearing a face of disappointment. "I'll improvise. No problem. No problem at all." He tore away some more of his currently tattered robes, and quickly began work.

Spoiler

DWOfEBm.png

Syndir threw his hands into the air along with the finished product. It was crafted manly of odd wood, torn fabric and adorned with a few orange feathers from his mask.

"Ta-da!" He proclaimed. "It'll work like a charm, just hang it over where you'll be sleeping and you'll find those nasty dreams will be whisked back to the spirit realm!" He held it out and lowered his head.

• Like 8

"Ah dreamcatchers" Otto said to himself "a fake web weaved for children who think it'll actually keep the nightmares away. I used to believe it too... but I soon learned it can't save you from the nightmares of the past"

(Otto's rather pessimistic atm... or maybe he's just bored and lonely)

(Now the question remains; will it actually work? This is Don't Starve after all. There's magic and crap.

Also pfffffft, "widening widely". Heh.)

Shifting Noctimus into a position on her arm, she accepted the dreamcatcher with an awkward thank you before scooping up Wiffleball in her other arm, without stopping to consider that he might not want to sleep next to her, and quickly pattered down the steps of the cargo hold. (I'm going to assume Otto was muttering to himself and so wasn't loud enough for Kate to hear.)

She picked out a spot for sleeping and set her companions down. Now all she had to do was hang the dreamcatcher and she wouldn't have to be afraid of nightmares any more! 

She stared at the ceiling for a few moments, trying to figure out how to hang it when there was no place to hang it from. Maybe just laying it down near her head would be good enough? But what if it wasn't... "I have an idea." Kade interjected, pulling out the left over glob of black stuff from when they were at the mansion. He took the dreamcatcher by the thread that was left for hanging it, and, reaching up on his tippy-toes, stuck it to a support beam with the glob. The both watched it for a bit to see if it'd hold. It seemed to be doing the trick, even though it wriggled around in place on it's own. It was a bit icky, but it's not like she'd be looking at it all night.

Kate gave Noctimus a goodnight kiss on the top of his head before snuggling up under her blanket with Wiffleball, Kade sitting down and leaning against a crate, before they tried to go to sleep.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

Now the question remains; will it actually work?

9 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

the left over glob of black stuff

11 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

stuck it to a support beam with the glob

(Well I mean... it's a thing meant to stop nightmares, and you went and added nightmare fuel. So is that really a question?)

[                                               w                          i                           d                    e                                                            ]

Noctimus hopped around excitingly. He was so excited! Filled with barrels of energy, Kate, Ma, Wait, Wiffleball, and Noctimus could play games throughout the entire ***- oh 

everyone's going night night 

Hm, well, not to worry little pupper, I'm sure there's plenty of stuff you can do while everyone sleeps.

Like uh, keeping watch! Aha! Noctimus could protect his friends from the monster in that intimidating barrel in the corner!

He turned his head to look at the barrel and just like that he became way less enthusiastic about the whole thing. His eyes becoming waaaaayyyyy less wide than they were before. That intimidating barrel lived up to it's name.

Maybe he'd just snuggled up next to Kate's head and pray that the beast hiding in there doesn't know that if Noctimus can't see it that it can still see the shadow pupper anyway.

But Noctimus eventually fell asleep with visions of Kate and Wiffleball beating the snot outta that mysterious creature that probably craves shadow puppers.

Edited by Youknowwho
  • Like 2