Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

(*sucks air in through teeth* oooooo... That's a lot o' pops...)

Kate stares at the lifeless fish and, in a moment of brilliance, comes to the conclusion that she's supposed to duel him with it, so she takes said fish by the tail and smacks Meri across the face with it.

~~~~~~

Dragon makes it to the boat and peeks her head over the side, staring silently at the crew with big, innocent puppy-dog eyes.

(Nothing much down in the storage room except for crates with random supplies, a table and chair, oh, and the gallons of freezing water that hasn't completely drained out of the ship. That too.)

Angelle licked Kate's face in response to being petted. She liked being petted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Famen went into his pack and fished out a bottle he'd been drinking coffee from earlier. "Syndir, could you make some coffee? Warm drinks usually help with a cold."

Kate scrambles up, very much alarmed by the pain she unintentionally caused Meri, and by the other tursai yelling at her. She looked back and forth between the two with eyes that were quickly welling up with tears. "I- I- I'm sorry- I didn't-" She couldn't get a straight answer out.

Viridis let out a sigh of reassurance, then looked back at Famen. "A cold...? I might ha... ha-chu!" She continued shivering.

Then coffee was mentioned. "Wait... coffee?! Do you think t-that is... a good idea?" Viridis asked with a worried look.

• Like 1

"I mean, warm drinks usually help with a cold for me at least. Unless you'd rather Syndir dropped some obsidian into a bottle of water. Your choice. Though I don't know how we can get any fresh water in the middle of the ocean." Famen said, shrugging. "Need help looking for those coffee beans?" He asked, turning to Syndir.

10 hours ago, wxps350 said:

(Yall have a groupchat??)

(Kinda, but not really. We were just talking during Lipton's last art stream.

Also gee, Meri's nose must be fragile if it got injured by a fatigued 8-year old girl with a fish.)

Kate sniffled and rubbed her eyes with the back of an arm, frustrated at all the times she's cried today. The latest out of many of today's adrenaline bursts coursing through her made her trembling more pronounced. She looked up at Meri for a second, trying to judge if he really did still want to play even after she hurt him. "W-we'll just see about that!" She brought the fish down again, but this time much, much more gently. 

~~~~~~~

Dragon caught Syndir by his shirt as threw himself overboard, and she plopped him back down on the deck. He must have forgotten he can't swim, silly humans person.

(It hurt him so much because he's smol.)

Meritursas flails his arms through the air, poking Kate in the side of the head.

The brutality of this duel will surely leave scars on this small child's psyche.

Wiffleball suddenly remembers he left the stove on. The entire ship bursts into vaguely casserole-scented flames.

Wiffleball snapped back upright - for the second time in less than ten minutes. Ugh. He shook his head and looked around - hold on...what was Meritursas doing? He was attacking Kate! Before he could move to act, though, he stopped himself. Now that he thought about it, Meri looked a lot more like he was playing, not fighting...Oh! That was it, they were playing another game! Wiffleball dropped down from Viridis' claws and put Noctimus on his head for safekeeping, then ran towards the two combatants, playfully tackling (and surprising) Meritursas.

• Like 2

"Oof!" Kate faked sound of pain as she sways to the side and falls on her hands and knees dramatically. She then looked up to see her rescuers landing a surprise blow on the fearsome beast, and raised a fist into the air. "Yes, Wiffleball and Noctimus! Together we can slay the beats beast!" She rose to her feet, striking an exaggerated pose reminiscent a certain coffee-loving shaman. "And now for my signature move: THE DEVASTATING WET BLANKET ATTACK!!!" Kate suddenly grabbed the blanket from off her shoulders and flung it onto Meri's face, immediately following up with another very light smack with the fish.

(Syndir, praise your benevolent goddess for imitating you.)

Meritursas can't hope to survive such a legendary assault.  His eyes are fried like mozzarella sticks and his brain melts, pouring out of his ears.

He flops over, making a long, drawn-out, and monotone death sound.

Hours Ago

The discarded harpoon Gyx threw at Malii had been drifting, and gently floated, until it was snatched up by a vulture

Right Now

The vulture had flown aimlessly; It felt like no matter where it flew, it was just going in circles. It was so preocupied, that it accidentally let go of the harpoon. Oh well...

Right-Right Now

A harpoon fell from the sky, stabbing Meritursas.

(I'm...just...going to completely ignore that.  I'd really appreciate if you could stop trying to impale and seriously maim my characters for absolutely no reason.)

KATE won the battle!  KATE's DEFENSE went up by 3!  KATE's BLANKETJITSU went up by 2!  You got 4 TURSAI BONES from the encounter! 

BLANKET has achieved the legendary status of SILKY SOFT!  BLANKET's PLUSHNESS went up by SEVENTY-SIX TRILLION! 

• Like 6

B-b-b ba ba BA B-BA!

Kate raised both fists in the air in victory. "We won! We did it! We- uuugh" Kate slouched over and put her hands on her knees to support herself, panting even though she hasn't done any strenuous activity. The answer, or at least part of it, for why she's so exhausted comes in the form of a loud tummy grumble. 

Edited by MenaAthena
DOUBLE POOOOOOOOST! *shakes fist*