crazy laughter i heard day 113-114

Akhar

has this happened to you  

52 members have voted

1. 1. has this happened to you

I heard this on day 50/51, right at the change of the day. I was playing as Wolfgang, and had dug up graves earlier that day. My sanity level was about 80.Edit: It happened again at the turning of days 52/53, and I was camping near the same graveyard.

Edited by Akhar

I heard it again, on day 25. It was snowing, I was by my chester and playing as wolfgang. My sanity was at about 138.EDIT: I was in a forest, I've only dug up one grave on this map and it wasn't nearby, although there is a grave near the area I'm in. Also, I hear a lot of rustling.

I have seen a couple people mention the laughter. I've never heard it myself, I'm kinda glad though.I do hear a high pitched squeal every morning a split second before the sun comes up. It could be a scream, or maybe it's supposed to be an animal. It's not as scary as I may be making it sound. I am fairly certain is not laughter though.

I hear it quite often, you have to go out into the darkness a bit to hear it usually.It's pretty low volume and bassy, maybe it's not as audible w/ out headphones.

Edited by Avarice

I gotta say, my curiosity is really getting to me. I am certain that hearing it would terrify me, but I really want to know what it sounds like. Gah!

I have a headset, a pretty good one. I'll step into the darkness and have a listen. Hold my hand D:

Edit: I tried 2 nights in a row. It was pretty loud by my camp what with 3 bee boxes, a bee mine and a bee hive, a bird in a cage and a couple rabbits running around. So I went to an adjacent biome (forest), dug up 3 graves and camped. I didn't hear it. I think the fact that my palms were sweaty when the sun came up tells me that I don't really need to either.

Edited by Freckles

Fug. I have never heard anything like that and i mostly set up my base in forests. Seems like i don't listen to the ambiance enough :<

It's a pretty subtle sound honestly, you might have heard it many times and didn't think it was a laugh. It's short and fairly low volume.It's like a creepy chuckle in the distance.

It's a pretty subtle sound honestly, you might have heard it many times and didn't think it was a laugh. It's short and fairly low volume.It's like a creepy chuckle in the distance.

Still bad, means my brain ignores the ambiance.Now that i think about it, i really play DS without any thought.

Sadly I lower my volume when I play DS these days so I didn't hear it since like... a month ago? I did hear it then. A long laugh that I think replaced the hisses of grue for a split second, though I can't say for sure.Never happened since, or at least I never heard it after that one

I think I have found the sound file for the laugh.I believe it to be DS_forrestAMB_night_RND_3 (Open with FSB extractor, instructions are in a thread somewhere)Can someone who have heard the sound in-game say if this is the same laugh?EDIT:To more precise.That file is located in dont_starve>data>sounds>forrest_stream> DS_forrestAMB_night_RND_3And to play it you must use FSB extractor.

Edited by Alvhem

Is there any way for people in chrome to get access to those files? Or can someone be really nice and post the recording itself as a short video? I think I've heard it, this kind of short, sinister snickering noise. But I'm not really sure, and from the reactions people are having here to the sound, it probably wasn't it.