How to Map reveal?

I found a way to do it (after looking at the Testing Tools code ;) ).

1. Open console

2. Enter: minimap = TheSim:FindFirstEntityWithTag("minimap")

3. Enter: minimap.MiniMap:ShowArea(0,0,0, 10000)

Very interesting indeed. Worked here. Instantly took the excitement out of exploring my world though.

I think, cooler, would been entity reveal instead. Don't show you the land at all, but just show you where the points of interest are. Let the player figure out how to get there.

• Like 1

I bumped up the FOV (50) and also made a mod out of it but what I see doesn't match with what is revealed on the map. I was wondering if there was a way to make the two match. I don't wanna some crazy stuff like revealing the whole map. Is that possible ?

Hi, I'm a new member but the code GetWorld().minimap.MiniMap:ShowArea(0,0,0, 10000) doesn't work its: GetWorld()minimap.MiniMap:ShowArea(0,0,0, 10000)

Hi, I'm a new member but the code GetWorld().minimap.MiniMap:ShowArea(0,0,0, 10000) doesn't work its: GetWorld()minimap.MiniMap:ShowArea(0,0,0, 10000)

• Like 1

It's not. What you say is ridiclious. GetWorld().minimap.MiniMap:ShowArea(0,0,0,2500) has always worked for me. That full stop is necessary to index GetWorld() in order to get to minimap.

And don't post on threads that have a bright red warning stating "old thread" unless it's the most reasonable option avaible, including silence.

Agreed. Necro. BUT SHUT UP ABOUT IT ALREADY

Necro'ing old threads is FINE. It's what old threads are FOR. It's so that new people can learn FROM THE PAST SO GET OVER IT. It's a better approach than creating a new thread for an already existing topic. It shows that the 'Necromancer' has used the SEARCH function on the site before they used the "Post New Thread" one. So good on you for that.

It's just a pity that @ByzantiumTheInfamous Necro'd a thread to tell us that our code was wrong, when I'm pretty sure it's right.

Anyway, there are easier ways to bring up the map.

Map Revealer

Mini Tools

Map revelation seems like cheating yourself of the whole point of this game (Exploration, Discovery, and Survival) to me, unless it is for modding and testing purposes.

Edited by hotmatrixx
  • Thanks 1

Its not working for me either. I have typed it in exactly, and it has't revealed any map. I've even watched videos on how to do it. And it doesn't work. But I downloaded a mod from the steam workshop called "Map Revealer" and that worked. I'm not saying that these guys are wrong. Since it obviously works for them. But maybe there's something that we did that prevents it from working.

17 minutes ago, haywardGB said:

Has this been enabled again in recent updates? I think it's a good feature to have for wilderness and cooperative servers. Or is there a new thread on this? Non of the commands work anymore , nor the mods! 

Hey, buddy, got a few things for you.

1. This thread was almost 3 years ago.

2. This isn't in the Don't Starve Together area.

GetWorld().minimap.MiniMap:ShowArea(0,0,0,10000) (TAKEN STRAIGHT FROM WIKI)

Works for me. Only works for folks with those owner powers, though.

Edited by Weirdobob
Note: There are no spaces in the command.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Weirdobob said:

Hey, buddy, got a few things for you.

1. This thread was almost 3 years ago.

2. This isn't in the Don't Starve Together area.

GetWorld().minimap.MiniMap:ShowArea(0,0,0,10000) (TAKEN STRAIGHT FROM WIKI)

Works for me. Only works for folks with those owner powers, though.

Thanks. That's the one I used already, without spaces. No luck on DST . 

It was nice of you to point out my dyslexic error btw. I'll be more careful with my posting next time.

2 hours ago, Lord_Battal said:

This is a massive and unnecessary necro, but hey!  At least we got to see where ridiclious came from!

this isnt where it came from

59 minutes ago, haywardGB said:

*Ridiculous < -- I might be dyslexic, but at least I know how to use spell check ;)

its spelt that way for a reason, look at Mobbstar's title here on the forums ;)