How to Map reveal?

Greeting.

I'm here to announce some news and information regardless to everyone and every member.

To : Everyone, visitors.

Are you tired of wondering around, Scanning through the entire map before starting plan to build your own base ?

Are you tired of getting kill at night/by hounds ?

Have worries to understand where is the best place that has good resources and item for you to live through one day and another ?

Well, your worries has begone starting now. By taking the following steps below and you'll be in no worries.

[!!WARNING!! : The following steps will only work with DS (Don't starve) and DST (Don't starve together), It won't work with RoG (Region of Giant) nor SW (Shipwrecked)]

1. Press ~ or ` on your keyboard to open Console, It usually locate at the top left corner.

2. Type : minimap = TheSim:FindFirstEntityWithTag("minimap")

3. Reopen  Console and Type : minimap.MiniMap:ShowArea(0,0,0,10000)

And there you have it, Enjoy playing Don't Starve together.

(You may not necessary need to read below)

To : Every members.

I've known that this forum has been around for about 4-5 years now. Some people saying that "Most of the people were gotten over it already, Make a new forum/Move on already" But What if there new people that's new to this forum ? Wouldn't that be helpful for them ? And isn't it mess up if there's a new forum with the old topic ?

~Thanks

Edited by VeasnaSwagz

To anyone else who comes across this tread from a google search, as I did, VeasnaSwagz answer totally works. But this only reveals the terrain of the map. You won't be able to see where all the things are on the map. To actually reveal everything on the map, like trees, ponds, rocks, gold, spiders, etc... past this into your console:

for x=-1600,1600,35 do for y=-1600,1600,35 do ThePlayer.player_classified.MapExplorer:RevealArea(x,0,y) end end

On 4/16/2013 at 3:00 PM, sirmentlegen said:
Cubemx said:

I found a way to do it (after looking at the Testing Tools code ;) ).

1. Open console

2. Enter: minimap = TheSim:FindFirstEntityWithTag("minimap")

3. Enter: minimap.MiniMap:ShowArea(0,0,0, 10000)

Bumping a 4 month old thread GG!

I always find myself coming to this exact thread daily. Every time, i come here just for this. I don't save it. I don't pin it. I just come here, every day, to reveal the entire map.

i've been having issues getting the console to respond correctly on servers i host from client
 so i ended up finding a second option that works well enough.
if you have issues getting the console command to work consider downloading "too many items plus" mod which has a map revealer option in the menus. 
  note: the map revealer may(does for me)lock your character in place and seemingly not reveal
           but if you disconnect and reconnect to the server(with client hosted this effectively is a shutdown/restart)
           when you open the map(after reconnecting of course) it should have everything for you to view

Edited by anonami
further clarification
  • Like 1