Shipwrecked Update - November 17th, 2015

Bryce

• Developer

DSSW_early_access.png

I know you all have been waiting for information on shipwrecked so I’ll get right to the point -

Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked will launch into Steam’s Early Access program on December 1st.

Phew. Ok, now that we’ve got that out of the way, here are some more words!

As with Don’t Starve and Reign of Giants, we’re going to be using early access up until the full release of Shipwrecked. Your feedback and suggestions were invaluable during the development of past Don’t Starve content and frankly, we’d be fools to not involve you again when it comes to the development of Shipwrecked.

The early access version of the game is fully playable, but there is still some work to be done. The initial version contains new seasons, creatures, biomes, and many other exciting ways to die. As always, during early access we will be releasing regular updates containing new content as well as tweaks and bug fixes based on your input. Remember, we’re listening, so join our forums and share your thoughts!

FAQ

What platforms is early access available on?

Early access is available on Windows through Steam.

I use Mac/ Linux. Can I participate in early access?

Mac & Linux will not be supported for the initial December 1st launch.

I don’t use Steam. Can I still play during the early access period?

No. However, the final release of the game will be available for the standalone client.

Can I play Reign of Giants and Shipwrecked at the same time?

Yes, but not during early access. We're working on implementing this in a style similar to entering caves but it's not ready yet!

What is Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked?

Shipwrecked is an expansion for Don’t Starve. Wilson finds himself stranded in a tropical archipelago and must struggle to survive in this new world! Shipwrecked is being developed by CAPY and Klei Entertainment.

Do I need Reign of Giants?

No. Shipwrecked is compatible with and without Reign of Giants.

Will Shipwrecked work with DST?

An awesome idea, but right now Shipwrecked is single player only.

Is Shipwrecked coming to consoles/ mobile?

We’d love to, but right now we’re focused on making the PC version as good as it can be.

Cool image! Can I get a version without the logos?

Awesome awesome awesome!!!

Thank you, Klei and Capy!

Let's not forget the guys from Capy!

I'd never expected it so soon with all the changes you had to go through.

I am really looking forward to playing this game.

(Is that a palm treeguard? :-) )

Awesome! Thank you Bryce for posting this. My take-away from the image is the arrow/spear stuck on the shark's head. It's either we're going to have more projectiles other than darts or that's only an artistic choice of having sharks with an arrow/spear stuck on their heads.

I just might be reading too much into this. lol. Cheers.

Archived