Don't Starve: Resumptus

31 minutes ago, NightWonder7 said:

Okay, thanks : ) It's probably a good thing I didn't get the joke ^^;

I only got the joke because I've heard of it from various countdowns of disturbing things you don't want to watch. They make sure to never actually show it, but it's pretty infamous.

• Like 5

winter's wall.png

Dear Journal,

Damn the powers that be!

My companions and I have hit an unfortunate wall in our quest; that wall being the eternal cycle of changing seasons.

Winter is at our doorstep, we hardly have enough food, clothing, fuel, and other materials to survive the harsh cold. We decided to split up for the time being to gather what materials we can; Officer Higgsbury is going north to collect firewood, grass, and rocks to create thermal stones, Ms. Walters is going west with her hounds to hunt for food, and I plan on going east to collect what berries and other food I can forge, check on the traps, and fish. Spiders are everywhere, so we have all agreed to collect whatever silk we see. At best we have about two days before winter sets in. 

I’d be lying if I said we weren’t upset for having to give up our search for now, but what choice do we have? We have to survive first before we can continue to search for…for our loved ones.

Damn it all. 

• Like 10

maxwell dreams the crow queen.png

Maxwell experiments with the shadow manipulator to create, well, something to sleep on that are up to his standards (straw mats, even with fur, just won’t do). After combining the following ingredients:

1 fur roll

4 silk

1 white gem

Maxwell creates the Beautiful Dreamer, a very fancy looking mat. When he goes to sleep that night using the new item, he has a very odd dream.

He finds himself in a world where there are islands in the sky, connected with bridges or he sees hot air balloons. Around him, he was surrounded by blueberry bushes and cawing crows. There were flowers such as ghost orchids and carnations of various colors. Shadows danced around the trees, all whispering about his arrival.

“Ah, I was expecting you,” A voice called from behind him. A woman dressed in blue, her eyes hidden by a veil, and a dark crown haloed her head as she strode over to him. She gave off an aura of royalty and…familiarity. “It’s nice to see you, Maxwell.”

“Do I know you?” 

“We met once long ago in another dream. I went by other names, but here I’m known as ‘The Crow Queen.”

Edited by Quoth143
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, DragonMage156 said:

It's all goods. Like you said, you've been busy.

Oh btw, I was digging through some old theads and found this:

Idk if you've used this character in any recent art or if you just forgot about it entirely but it was an interesting find ^_^

I haven't thought about Wanda in forever. 

To be honest, I made her when I discovered Don't Starve but before I actually owned the game and knew how the mechanics worked. 

• Like 1

Amusing how the single word bubble can change the mood of the scene.
It's supposed to be a quiet reflection, as three lost souls try to calm the anxious storm inside their hearts while their companions quietly snore, bundled together into one pile of sleepyness...
But! Just add (Z!), and the picture changes! Now, see the three dorks futiely try to get a wink of sleep, their faces bearing masks of various shades of dissatisfaction, as the unholy trinity loudly snore-prevents them from doing so. Wilson already gave up.

If I've ruined the mood for you, I'm not sorry. Mwa-ha-ha-ha....

• Like 4

On 11/23/2016 at 0:55 AM, Quoth143 said:

lunar moth.png

Not only does it fit the universe but the combo of the Triumphant Bobbie fits that Lunar celebration outfit they had a while back.

On 11/23/2016 at 2:37 AM, Quoth143 said:

lucid.png

I rather like it how the warmer the light source, the warmer the color. Even when its related to the shadows, the colors is still on the warm side.

On 11/23/2016 at 7:28 PM, Quoth143 said:

making dinner.png

While this is completely bright! I'm impressed. Those small smudges underneath the pot is nice quickhand to show logs.

On 11/26/2016 at 5:57 PM, Quoth143 said:

ws page 39.png

What excited snoring. :wilson_shocked:

• Like 3