Clothing Trading Depot: Get rid of those double drops for new swag!

Ledia

No, these have been around since the very start.  This is just shenanigans.  $CDN 7500 worth of shenanigans.

And of course, the folks who managed to sell their green button shirts have immediately snatched up elegants.  Triumphant Wendy was up to $35 when I last looked.

Kid who stole their parent's credit card?  Poorly-tested market bot?  Rich collector?  Some kind of organized stunt with money pooled by a large group of people?  I have no idea.

3 hours ago, TemporaryMan said:

And of course, the folks who managed to sell their green button shirts have immediately snatched up elegants.  Triumphant Wendy was up to $35 when I last looked.

What was what? No one bought single Wendy triumphant last 22 hours and the price is the same for like 2-3 days dude. Also wouldnt you "snatched up elegants"? O.o Actually i thought the same that people will buy crazy amount of elegants after all those sold shirts but seriously nothing happened

Lets say you are the one with skill to "get into" someones steam account. What would you do? Buy 1000 green shirts for 0.05 cents and create 1000 buy orders from that stolen account for 10€ each and sell yours 1000 shirts? Or just be robin hood? .)

I don't have any new green button shirts to offer, but I do have a spare green rucksack.  I'll trade it for any other spiffy I don't yet have:

• red rucksack
  • gray buckled bag
  • blue buckled bag
  • pink silk robe
  • yellow silk robe

I also have a few spare classy items: green trousers, blue sweater vest, brown sweater vest, and a teal cardigan.  I'm looking for these two items:

• pumps
  • buckled gloves (I'll pay 1 classy + 1 common)

And as always, I have a pile of spare commons.  As long as it isn't the only copy of a pair of pants, gloves or sneakers or skirt (unpaired) that I own, it's up for grabs.

Here's my trade link.  Send me an offer, then sleep for 99 years, only to realize upon waking that you've needlessly slept past the trade hold by 98 years and 350 days.

9 hours ago, TemporaryMan said:

I don't have any new green button shirts to offer, but I do have a spare green rucksack.  I'll trade it for any other spiffy I don't yet have:

• red rucksack
  • gray buckled bag
  • blue buckled bag
  • pink silk robe
  • yellow silk robe

I also have a few spare classy items: green trousers, blue sweater vest, and a teal cardigan.  I'm looking for these two items:

• pumps
  • buckled gloves (I'll pay 1 classy + 1 common)

And as always, I have a pile of spare commons.  As long as it isn't the only copy of a pair of pants, gloves or sneakers or skirt (unpaired) that I own, it's up for grabs.

Here's my trade link.  Send me an offer, then sleep for 99 years, only to realize upon waking that you've needlessly slept past the trade hold by 98 years and 350 days.

My black pumps for your brown waistcoat or blue sweater vest :)?

It looks like there's a 2-day cycle of raising the prices of items.

The green buttoned shirt's price skyrocketed on the 15th.

The red pleated shirt's price skyrocketed on the 17th.

The white collared shirt's price skyrocketed on the 19th.

At this very moment on the 21st. the price of brown skirts has just been manipulated.

Keep an eye on the market on the 23rd. I think the cycle has been broken.

Assuming a price distribution that places the median close to the mean, that's another $3250, and a total of... $18,000 in overpriced common items in the past week?  If something similar's happening with other games on Steam market, $18,000 might be the tip of the iceberg.  If it weren't for the fact that there are folks here who've sold skins at these inflated prices, I'd almost suspect it was pre-arranged between a buyer and seller as some truly bizarre attempt at a covert wire transfer.  The pre-arranged seller would presumably buy games & keys and proceed to sell them for real cash on some shady 3rd-party site.

Except, of course, the sellers don't appear to be pre-arranged.  And Steam and various developers (including Klei) have to report their income from the overhead fees to their respective tax authorities, so there's a paper trail for the whole thing.  It just doesn't add up.

So I took a random look at the steam market.  I picked a random non-CS:GO/TF2 game from the list, something that might fly under the radar: BattleBlock Theatre.  I saw a couple skins selling at ~4 cents and one at ~11 cents, so I chose that one on the assumption it was still on a downward trend from a recent spike.  Sure enough, essentially 0 sales day to day until suddenly 596 Bookie Boys sold June 21 @ $0.05, followed by $5,030.41 in sales at $10 and $3.67 as the prices slumped.  Same pattern as we've seen here.  Not bad for my first try.

Whatever is going on here, it's big.  And it doesn't make much sense.  Could be an incredibly stupid criminal scheme, could be a software glitch, could be a deliberate attempt to manufacture brief market bubbles (my brother made tens of millions of meat in Kingdom of Loathing off a Sneaky Pete's breath spray bubble he manufactured that raised prices from 300 meat to 5000 meat each, so it's possible), I just don't know.

Archived