Wardrobe Outfits and Skins Showroom!

@Naipseht, well...  Wickerbottom can't sleep unless pan flutes are used in her vicinity, so sleepwear is the next best thing for the sleep-deprived librarian. Jokes aside, I think the Sleepwear exists so players can roleplay, It's time to sleep guys! Then you can change clothes before sleeping.

Hmm, that may be a feature the devs are thinking of with outfits. If you sleep with the appropriate attire, you get more sanity/health for it OR lose less hunger for it. Then when you wake up, you can go change to your adventure outfit. The Wardrobe exists for players to switch in and out of outfits. So that's my take on it.

Cheers. 

It's a cool idea at first glance, but do note that if this ever happens, it would be bringing in-game advantage with the skins.

Seriously doubt Klei is going the direction of pay-to-win for DST.

It's a cool idea at first glance, but do note that if this ever happens, it would be bringing in-game advantage with the skins.

Seriously doubt Klei is going the direction of pay-to-win for DST.

You wouldn't be "paying" to win >.> Skins are free and random

You wouldn't be "paying" to win >.> Skins are free and random

Well, I suppose if skins have in-game advantage, then some skins will have larger advantage than others and those skins will likely to have a higher rarity. E.g., distinguished and elegant might be designed to have powerful effect.

But an individual player has a small chance of getting them by natural drop. On the other hand, some players can buy off these skins by steam gifts and tf2 items, .etc, from other players. So, that would be the pay-to-win I talked about.

Well, I suppose if skins have in-game advantage, then some skins will have larger advantage than others and those skins will likely to have a higher rarity. E.g., distinguished and elegant might be designed to have powerful effect.

But an individual player has a small chance of getting them by natural drop. On the other hand, some players can buy off these skins by steam gifts and tf2 items, .etc, from other players. So, that would be the pay-to-win I talked about.

I would say it wouldn't be pay to win not for the reason mentioned by Exhu but rather the fact that Don't Starve isn't really a competitive game. "Pay to win" is used to describe competitive games that provides unfair advantages through simply having more money. While Don't starve does have a pvp mode for servers, its widely balanced around co-op/singleplayer. 

Hello @Glemmer, currently you just have to play DST and the gifts will drop randomly. I don't know the exact formula of how the game calculates how often you get gifts, so don't take all the sentences as fact:

• Gift Drop caps out at 4 gift drops per week. (source)
  • Your currently owned Vanity Items has no effect on future gift drops' quality/frequency. (source)
  • Weekly Gift Drop cap turnover happens every thursday, Klei Time. (not confirmed yet | looking for sources to link to | subject to change without prior notice)
  • Each drop is completely random with varying rarity each time. (based on experience)

I hope that helps, cheers.

Just polished the main post to reflect the latest information I have found concerning Outfits and Skins in general so future new readers of this thread won't be misinformed. If I missed any important information, stated any incorrect information, or mislinked anything let me know. Cheers.

Archived