Is it true that there's a limit on your drops per week?

I heard that when you have a lot of items in your DST inventory you can only get 4 more per week, but I don't know if this is verifiable or if it's a superstition that came from people playing a lot of DST but having low enough drop rates that no one got more than four items during that time. I want to know if anyone's been told this by a dev or seen it in the code. If someone has more information on this I'd also like to know how many items you can have before the cap kicks in.

• Developer
I don't think your current inventory of items has anything to do with the drop rate.

Actually, our gift server recently became sentient and spitefully reduces your drop rate after you receive a rare item. Jealous computers and a pain to deal with. ;)

You are correct, your inventory currently has no affect on your drop rate. That would make the system a little unfair and would be easily circumvent-able by simply trading your items to a dummy account, so there wouldn't be much point in implementing that.

Actually, our gift server recently became sentient and spitefully reduces your drop rate after you receive a rare item. Jealous computers and a pain to deal with. ;)

You are correct, your inventory currently has no affect on your drop rate. That would make the system a little unfair and would be easily circumvent-able by simply trading your items to a dummy account, so there wouldn't be much point in implementing that.

So good so so good <3 

Btw Does it count old drops? I wish...

Archived