Caves Testing Coming Soon!

Hey Everybody. 

For anybody who may have missed it, check out our recent Rhymes with Play from last thursday. In this episode we revealed caves and our plans for a future update to include our new collection items, the first part of our addition of character skins to Don't Starve Together.

In the stream we mentioned that we are right about ready to let you all start checking out the new caves. If all goes according to plan, we will be putting up a post this Thursday with instructions on how you join the beta branch and start up your own caves server. 

You will need to join the beta branch to test caves, so make sure to check back this Thursday!

For more info about the Caves, check out the video below:

Be sure to check out Rhymes with Play, our weekly Devcast on Twitch.tv at http://twitch.tv/kleientertainment Thursdays at 3:30pm Pacific 

HOLD THE HYPE TRAIN!

When exactly is Skins going to come out? You never really specified if it comes with caves beta or later @JoeW,

We don't have a date on when that is coming. It is definitely not coming with caves; we still have a bit to work out with skins. We'll let you all know as soon as we have more details. 

• Developer

We don't have a date on when that is coming. It is definitely not coming with caves; we still have a bit to work out with skins. We'll let you all know as soon as we have more details.

*raises hand to say something*

*opens mouth to speak*

*closes mouth*

*lowers hand*

*walks away slowly, muttering uncomprehendable things*

Oh my gosh, that's alot of spooky scary skeletons! What's the story behind that, did that rocky area used to be a tallfort or something?

It was back in december when the characters haven't been nerfed yet and every skeleton just stays around instead of despawning, it was a wilderness dedicated server that went on for about ~2k days sooo...yea

And yes that was a tallfort

I've heard and read that the current caves (as far as I've heard and read unless I'm completely mistaken) can only exist with a dedicated server. What I want to ask is whether this still holds true in this beta test? Or whether players will be able to set up their own cave-tests on a non-dedicated (player hosted) server?

Bonus: Unintentional invention of the Chester hat!

I really hope if they put in hats/masks they make a Chester hat like the catcoon hat Woodie wears in that one skin, also on another note I hope they make it so some of the clothing fits the female characters cause I kind of hate it when you put on the clothing it turns the clothing into male like clothing but mostly just a pet peeve.

I hope by "work to do" you mean doing awesome ones to Wes JoeW :victorious:

I kid.... Wilson ones looked awesome, can't w8 for skins and clothes to be on DST!

"Invention" as in "invented electric automobiles". Electric scooters, forklifts, etc. were a thing for the longest time, and electric cars only never made it because batteries were too bad.

Uhh did I spell something wrong or is this a joke I'm not understanding? No sarcasm intended.

Archived