The tides have change

Naw, it's just that we have a lot of people who only played the game when it was too easy. =)

Very true, seems like every update now there's something everyone's in an uproar about because it makes the game so hard. Personally I liked the fact that farming was nerfed so much (especially the seed drop-rate, I can still literally live off of toasted seeds =X), and it kinda pushed you to have to hunt more and walk that line with Krampus. I think that's what this game needs more than anything is stuff to force the player to find multiple ways of surviving, which sounds like exactly what you're going for in the roadmap. I get giddy every time I think of how the game's going to be come March. :D

I've died twice since the update. Once after getting curious enough about the new jumping spiders to poke a level 3 spider nest BEFORE the hotfix went live. I was saved by one of my meat effigies there. The second time I took a nasty hit from a spider queen, but I had an amulet equipped that time. Since then, I haven't died at all and I still feel it's a tad too easy. I didn't restart after the update though so that could be my problem.

Jumping spiders before the hotfix. Nuff said. Oh, and invisible treeguards. They're the only things that have caused people to die really, from what I've seen.. and what caused me to die. a lot. Now they're way better, I still do think it is possible to survive easily, it is getting harder and harder though and you guys are doing good so far with trying to balance it out.

Edited by xeezy

Jumping spiders before the hotfix. Nuff said. Oh, and invisible treeguards. They're the only things that have caused people to die really, from what I've seen.. and what caused me to die. a lot. Now they're way better, I still do think it is possible to survive easily, it is getting harder and harder though and you guys are doing good so far with trying to balance it out.

What did the hotfix do? i think there still to op only way to kill em is plant a lot of traps outside of the den:)

What did the hotfix do? i think there still to op only way to kill em is plant a lot of traps outside of the den:)

Boy, you just think everything is "to op", don't you? Look kid; these things are meant to kill you. If they succeed, then that only means they are doing their jobs.

Well, I still haven't seen anything that an experienced player can't deal with. The jumping spiders are a welcome addition to spider nests, since they make attacking one far more interesting and difficult.

Farming nerf, also welcome.

Finally, I really like the new map generator, it needs some adjustments but it makes navigating the world far less predictable and interesting.

I wish the devs would add an option somewhere to reset your research. It's hard to know for certain if these changes make the game too hard for players just starting out with nothing researched and no points when you're constantly restarting with unlocked characters that have everything "bought" already.

yes, I know you can muck with save files and such to lose your research points, but it would be far easier if you could go into a menu somewhere, click "start over with no research" and then click "Yes" (or "No") when the "OMG ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT DO THIS THERE'S NO GOING BACK OMGWTFBBQ" confirmation box pops up.

Naw, it's just that we have a lot of people who only played the game when it was too easy. =)

I agree with this but still game is easy. I am now on 242 days now and have 60 morsel meat, 20 amount of all type vegatables, 10-11 prepared foods and 8 meat effigy etc. Hounds are coming in 12-13 waves and i just make circle around fire till day shows up and lure them the swamp. Game needs to be harder, well game is easy for me now because i finished all researches and made a good base etc. I mean it can be harder and it should. Also a small suggestion; As the number of day increases, make days shorter and night longer =)

That is true :p

Am I the only one who finds dying an actual fun part of the game?

I hate making comparisons to other games, but say something like "Super Meat Boy"... It's IMPOSSIBLE to play that game through entirely without dying hundreds of times over, but the dying is fun, challenging, and eventually you've played a level so much, you get very good at it, learn how to cope with the obstacles and overcome them, emerge triumphant at the end of the level with a grin on your face and a feeling of achievement!! Play the same level again after that, however, and you begin to get bored... so you go to the next level and suddenly you're in way over your head! EXPECT to die another hundred times on that level before you get it right.

THIS is what I love about Don't Starve. It's that "One more try! This time i'll get it!" element that keeps me coming back for more. In other words, the feeling of accomplishment you get when you achieve something difficult is MUCH GREATER than when you achieve something easy. :D

Tired of dying? Give my Save Game Swapper a try !

All ya gotta do is backup the saved game files by simply pressing F1

Then you can restore them anytime thereafter by pressing F2

Ya tired of playing, or just want the Tool to go away? then press Alt+ESC!

Fully equipped with SOUNDS !!!....of course Don't Starve sounds!!

With both files being scanned I've included Internet Shortcuts to the Analysis pages for both

the UPX packed and Unpacked executable file. I've only got it packed to make it smaller.

File Information: (from the ReadMe.txt included)

The target executable has been packed using the UPX packer
Which throws up 2 red flags @VirusTotal.com packers always throw false red flags.

The target executable has been scanned unpacked as well with 1 red flag
being thrown up. This is due to the executable being embedded with a resource file containing
3 sounds, and some icon information for a total of 6 resources.

The sounds used in the application have been extracted directly from the Don't Starve sound archived files
or the ".FSB" files which is just a FMOD Sound Archive, and converted to WAV format

The icon used in the application is an edited version of the original Don't Starve game icon.

ALSO These sounds/icon files were created for Don't Starve from Klei Entertainment NOT ME !
I've just added sounds to my save game swapper to make it more "Don't Starvish" lol and more fun !

Simple to use. Just press
F1 to Backup saved game files
F2 to Swap/Restore saved game files
Alt+ESC to Exit the application (or exit via the tray icon)

Enjoy ! Never have to start over lol !

http://www.mediafire.com/?ck59vh3bzdsrd7d

Or something like Dark Souls, I prefer a game that gets harder the longer I play it. Would be boring otherwise, easy surviving to day 30952534058 whatever number. I think most of the people who are complaining about the new patch are players that haven't played games that are that difficult.