What you like to cook?

zaxvax

With LLQ patch the only usefull recipe if worthless now.

And I mean 2 Monster Meat + 2 Honey of course. Now raw ingredients give 54 hunger and 30 health and they stack, while cooked in crock pot they give 42 hunger and 5 health, which is just pathetic.

What you guys use your crock pots for? Any good recipes? Or you preffer to eat raw food too?

I like to cook 3 morsels and 1 honey. Makes a rather nice meal that gives a fair amount of health and hunger. Not sure exact numbers but it is a fair amount. The other one is Dragonpie (1 dragon fruit, 3 veg/berries) although I haven't cooked it since the patch so I would guess it now only heals about half as much as it used to.

Well I can understand why they would nerf the health return, since turning 2 monster meat and 2 honey into -gaining- 70+ hunger and 50+ health was just silly. Not that it really matters, one can just eat 4 uncooked monster meat for 100 hunger and then 1 honey to completely nullify the health loss as is.

If you need health so bad you can just aim for making a plethora of other things anyways.

Actually it's very hard to understand why cooking spoils the food. Maybe Wilson is just too bad as a cook. :D

It was very cool when crock pot had both esthetic and and functional parts. Now it's separated. Uncooked - functional and cooked - esthetic.

Froggle Bunwich, Dragon Pie and Stuffed Eggplant form my survival basics.

Froggle Bunwich, 1 easily found frog legs + 3 cooked berries.

Stuffed Eggplant is 1 eggplant, 1 monster meat and 2 random other veggies, no chewing required.

Dragon Pie, 1 dragon fruit and 3 berries, also no chewing needed so it's perfect for combat. Haven't actually seen a dragon fruit since the patch though.

All heal 45~ health and restore 70~ stamina.

For a game called 'Don't Starve', my character eats rather well.

I regularly cook meaty stew and honeyed ham out of my monster meat. I used to turn my berries into fruit medley as well, but fruit medley was nerfed so bad eating one roasted berry restores more hunger than cooking four of them in the pot. So I don't make fruit medley anymore. I also tend to make a butter muffin if I ever get hold of some butterfly wings, but I don't go out of my way to kill butterflies for them.

I cook.. pretty much everything but only for looks and roleplay aspect. Especially the more "delicate" meals such as waffles, turkey dinner, eggs and bacon, butter muffins etc.

I absolutely despise the latest update because it ruined my most favorite aspect of the game and I find it absolutely unnecessary and nonsensical and it made me wonder whether any thought process was involved in it at all or the devs just threw a dart at a table of "what we can nerf" and it happened to land on the crock pot.

But I'll just keep cooking for lulz anyway, heck I would even if cooked stuff didn't give anything when eaten lol.

And I'll just eat any of those 10 stacks of cooked meat and honey that I have whenever I feel hungry or aching.

With how easy it is to keep up with the food supply it would almost be nice if the items were structured a bit differently.

Gain is very little from uncooked / raw food.

Gain is let's say 25% greater from cooking the pieces.

Gain is 40% greater for creating something using all positive resources (from what I have read using a lot of twigs or monster meat can negatively affect the hp modifier? - please correct if I am stating this wrong)

and maybe add in something fun like different characters might have a random chance at certain food items having a "bonus" for that character that might say give the item a 60% greater return on hp/hunger.

This might aim people to focus more on generating higher quality foods than stock piling and masses food items?

I feel like we should aim for quality over quantity and this game could easily get boring / burn-out from just having to mass stockpile food vs more exploration / defense survival tactics. (Maybe just stock-piling for winter season as they build onto that aspect?) --- Just some ideas would love to hear what others think.

(from what I have read using a lot of twigs or monster meat can negatively affect the hp modifier? - please correct if I am stating this wrong)

I dunno. I'm going to test this on some fruit medley made with four berries, and then one made with one berry and three twigs. I'll let you know.

EDIT: It appears to be true. The fruit medley I cooked with four berries restored ~20 hunger while the one prepared with one berry and three twigs restored ~10 hunger. If this is true, perhaps that explains why crock pot items don't stack since each one would be a little different stat-wise depending on how you prepared it.

Edited by Ora

Ingredients matter!

Try a Stuffed Eggplant made using 1x Eggplant, 1x Corn, and 2x (Monster) Meat. Post patch, it still restores 60-ish Hunger and 30-ish Health, which isn't too shabby for something that only has one hard-to-get ingredient (the Eggplant).

Dragonpies made with 1x Dragonfruit and a combination of Corn, Carrots, Berries, and Pomegranates is also pretty good, although it got hit with the nerf bat with the latest patches and I'm not sure what the numbers are on it anymore.

The Honey Ham is definitely one of my favorites, as seems to be the case for most people. Though I know it is not a priority in comparison to things like new creatures, sanity meter, mid/end game content, etc, I really look forward to seeing a slew of new recipes in future updates.

What I really want to know is if they're thinking of putting in new methods of cooking. It would be neat to have some kind of stone oven you could make with charcoal and rocks. The crock pot makes all kinds of things, some of which aren't quite suited to slow cooked meals. I mean, Muffins and Fruit Salad? But I can only imagine if we had access to bacon via a grill...speaking of which, if you guys had your way, what food would you see included? Bacon is a given, of course.