Weirdobob's Thread Made of Yarn or Sumthin

Auth

The Last Question  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Mustard or Mayo?

6 hours ago, Sporb said:

words  kinda sterile, lacking the parasites and bacteria that are found in fresh water or on land. More words

The waters are sterile where the ocean is cold. In the tropics you can get infections from bathing wounds in sea water. The water is not sterile there it is full of parasites and bacteria. Ah the tropics- land of infections. I swear every little cut I ever got living up there got infected. 

Also I live in a land where the things that want to kill you dont restrict themselves to land. Sharks, crocodiles, jellyfish that will paralyze you and kill you in minutes, sting rays, tiny monsters that hide inside shells and sting you and kill you - concones?  Stone fish- a fish that looks like a stone until you stand on it- then it rips you a new one and poisons you for good measure. Octopus that can sting and kill you. You get the idea... the ocean is dark and full of death. Oh yeah and sea snakes- because land snakes aren't enough? 

Oh grand scheme I decided that I would rather risk the dangers on the land than in the sea. When I lived in Darwin for two years- not once did I swim in the ocean. When I lived in other places in the tropics the rules were - never swim alone. Always have someone on the beach with some antidotes- treatments- a phone and eye on the waters for dangers. Good thing I didn't much care for swimming in there? 
The one time I snorkeled in the tropics I saw several stingrays approaching and decided I would rather get out of the water than pass close to them- it was a shallow reef so those were my choices. 

Australia- even swimming its trying to kill you. 

23 minutes ago, LadyD said:

The waters are sterile where the ocean is cold. In the tropics you can get infections from bathing wounds in sea water. The water is not sterile there it is full of parasites and bacteria. Ah the tropics- land of infections. I swear every little cut I ever got living up there got infected. 

I believe it. I'm not exactly an expert on the limitations of the ocean's sterile qualities. What kinda parasites live in the ocean, anyway? I understand that fish can get crustacean parasites, but I'm not familiar with ones which go after humans.

Also I live in a land where the things that want to kill you dont restrict themselves to land. Sharks, crocodiles, jellyfish that will paralyze you and kill you in minutes, sting rays, tiny monsters that hide inside shells and sting you and kill you - concones?  Stone fish- a fish that looks like a stone until you stand on it- then it rips you a new one and poisons you for good measure. Octopus that can sting and kill you. You get the idea... the ocean is dark and full of death. Oh yeah and sea snakes- because land snakes aren't enough?

Yeah!! Most of the dangerous things are pretty cool, in one way or another.

mezisland.jpgmezisland2.jpgcupcake.jpgislesatnight.jpgmansion1.jpgmansionrain.jpgashtower.jpg

A couple of pictures from a minecraft world that me, @Mezukie, and @SirKnight work on. First 2 are of mez's island, third is also of mez's island, but it features Princess Cupcake the llama, Fourth is of our little archipelago, 5 & 6 are of my giant wood mansion, and last but not least, ash's watchtower island. This world is always open to more people who'd like to play(Minecraft version 1.11.2, Optifine preferred, hamachi required) let me know if you're interested.

Also, my resource pack is simply 2 other resource packs merged, default textures but animated, and a much prettier and space-ier sky. If anyone's interested, I could put up my frankenstein resource pack here as well, and if I do I'll give credit to the people that made both of them as well.

Archived