Weirdobob's Thread Made of Yarn or Sumthin

Auth

The Last Question  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Mustard or Mayo?

10 minutes ago, Weirdobob said:

oh golly wow you're here oh gosh hi

Aw cmon, you didn't even give it a shot! It's fun in here, come on down. You can come in here, settle down, have a chat, go to a nice dinner, get lost staring at each others masks......... uh...

Or I mean, not. It's up to you.

Hah. Ha....

@Asparagus would hardly approve getting lost staring into people's masks. I mean unless he is invited to dinner too. Then I guess I will stay

12 minutes ago, Weirdobob said:

Yes, but school drumming involves being entirely submerged in it.

Bathing and swimming involve being submerged in the filth and dirt your skin has accumulated (including tiny poops of tiny lifeforms), so I don't see how that's any worse.

(let us just make anything related to water or skin contact really unpalatable to everyone) :p

34 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Bathing and swimming involve being submerged in the filth and dirt your skin has accumulated (including tiny poops of tiny lifeforms), so I don't see how that's any worse.

(let us just make anything related to water or skin contact really unpalatable to everyone) :p

I hate the beach and the sea. 

I do think it might be part of the trauma of my -must not curse on forums- family. I was forced to go to the beach and fishing and out on the boat and wash the boat. I get sea sick, I dont like sea food and I dont see why I had to wash the boat when I didn't go out on it and this got dark really fast.

So... the sea is a big place- I admire from a distance without wanting to go to it

I love the ocean! I love the feeling of water against my skin; not to mention swimming is kinda like flying without the worry of falling. And sea creatures tend to be really cool, like horseshoe crabs and rays and scallops and squids. And yet, despite the variety of creepy-crawlies found there, the salt water makes it seem kinda sterile, lacking the parasites and bacteria that are found in fresh water or on land. Also, you don't have to wear shoes there.

Too bad the ocean's usually frikkin' cold. And I can't open my eyes without goggles underwater. And I also can't breathe underwater. Being a human sucks sometimes.

Er, wait, are we supposed to be talking about our feelings for the ocean now? Am I doing this wrong?

15 minutes ago, Sporb said:

Too bad the ocean's usually frikkin' cold. And I can't open my eyes without goggles underwater. And I also can't breathe underwater. Being a human sucks sometimes.

Ah, depends on where you are. I'm in California, so it's a rather cold ocean here, but I quite like the cold. I actually have a crippling fear of kelp and other seaweeds, however, so, that keeps me from splishin and splashin around here that much.

Also, I really hate sand. That's also a factor. Bleh. Stuff gets everywhere. Shoes, shorts, shirts, eyes, nose, mouth, stomach, lungs, heart, soul...

But scuba diving's awesome, you think you'll be afraid of the great big blue, but when you're with a friend you can't help but have fun looking around and exploring. It's like pretending your in space and you got all these lil alien friends doing their own lil dealios.
And sharks are AWESOME.

The closest I've ever been to scuba diving was just plain ol' snorkeling when my Dad took me on vacation in Florida. Although it was a really long time ago (I was, like, 8 or 9 at the time) I remember having a lot of fun looking at all the tiny colorful fishes and just swimming around in the sea. I even almost ran into a manta ray! 

And then the next morning it turns out we had forgotten to put sunscreen on my back, so I had a really nasty sunburn where my swim clothes hadn't covered. There was blisters and peeling and everything. Eug. 

*ahem* Anyway, I really like the feeling of swimming too. I don't get to do it that often though because of where I live. As such I'm not a very practiced swimmer either.

17 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

It wasn't a rash. Sunburns are not rashes. And there was nothing embarrassing about it; just pain and the oddly addictive activity of peeling off dead skin.

Ah, so your embarrassing rash is elsewhere. Got it.

How is your embarrassing rash, by the way?

50 minutes ago, Weirdobob said:

Ah, depends on where you are. I'm in California, so it's a rather cold ocean here, but I quite like the cold. I actually have a crippling fear of kelp and other seaweeds, however, so, that keeps me from splishin and splashin around here that much.

Also, I really hate sand. That's also a factor. Bleh. Stuff gets everywhere. Shoes, shorts, shirts, eyes, nose, mouth, stomach, lungs, heart, soul...

See, the thing is, I live on the east coast where the water is supposed to be warmer, and it's still too cold for me. I guess this says more about my cold tolerance than the actual water temperature.

Eh, sand is okay until you have to walk long distances when it's soft. Deserts must really suck.

40 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

The closest I've ever been to scuba diving was just plain ol' snorkeling when my Dad took me on vacation in Florida. Although it was a really long time ago (I was, like, 8 or 9 at the time) I remember having a lot of fun looking at all the tiny colorful fishes and just swimming around in the sea. I even almost ran into a manta ray! 

And then the next morning it turns out we had forgotten to put sunscreen on my back, so I had a really nasty sunburn where my swim clothes hadn't covered. There was blisters and peeling and everything. Eug. 

*ahem* Anyway, I really like the feeling of swimming too. I don't get to do it that often though because of where I live. As such I'm not a very practiced swimmer either.

That sounds like fun. The closest I've ever been to wild rays or skates is when fishers on the beach accidentally catch them. I've gotten to gawk at them before they were released.

27 minutes ago, Weirdobob said:

How is your embarrassing rash, by the way?

What's embarrassing about a rash, its location?

Archived