Best group of 4? and best group of 2?

I would say Wigfrid and Wickerbottom are probably the strongest in a group context, on the assumption that they can share their special items. As for who else, I think it depends on each person's playstyle. Maybe Webber for easier caving/spider armies, and Wilson because he's well-rounded and provides beard hair. I've considered Willow too, for the free permanent torch, but I'd worry about her accidental fires.

I would say Wigfrid and Wickerbottom are probably the strongest in a group context.

Actually, Wickerbottoms books are even more helpful to WX-78 :friendly_wink:. He can also eat the stale and spoiled food, while Wickerbottom eats the fresh. Her science boost early on also means that a proper umbrella is easier to make and can help him with combat quickly, when he doesn't have insane stats yet.

But their relationship isn't much emotional. Wendy & Wilson 4ever <3

Is this a co-op thread or a shipping thread  :love_heart:

The accelerated hunger drain (according to the Prepping for PAX thread) implies that Wickerbottom and WX have some survival advantages over the others. Wendy and Webber can also work together to indirectly generate lots of risk-free food. The warrior combo Wolfgang-Widfrig on the other hand becomes a less favourable combination.

co-op or pvp...its Wigfrid and WX together. because they can collect food for each other,Wigfrid can make the weapon and headgear for WX too. and if wx eats all his stuff his hp is 400 with 300 sanity..theres no more need for umbrella after that. and even if Wigfrid has less hp,she still hits hard. after all i think with a good set of items,they could rule the island.

Is this a co-op thread or a shipping thread  :love_heart:

The accelerated hunger drain (according to the Prepping for PAX thread) implies that Wickerbottom and WX have some survival advantages over the others. Wendy and Webber can also work together to indirectly generate lots of risk-free food. The warrior combo Wolfgang-Widfrig on the other hand becomes a less favourable combination.

Pretty sure that's not going to be in the full release

(I'll use Wx-78 in every combination because he's tha bezt)

PvP:
4: Wolfgang, Wigfrid, Wx-78, Maxwell
2: Wigfrid, Wx-78
Co-op:
4: Wilson, Woodie, Wickerbottom, Wx-78
2: Wx-78, Wickerbottom

Griefing:

4: Woodie, Willow, Wes, Wx-78
2: Willow, Wx-78
Building:

4: Wickerbottom, Wendy, Webber, Wx-78
2: Wickerbottom, Wx-78

Actually, Wickerbottoms books are even more helpful to WX-78 

Well, I wasn't saying that Wickerbottom and Wigfrid help each other the most, specifically, but that they are the only characters who really provide long-lasting and multi-use bonus items that other characters cannot get at all or easily replicate the effect of (see below). Cheap head armor and improved spears for everyone, as well as awesome spells. I'll definitely think about adding WX-78 as a third now, though.

Group view of special items:

Wilson: beard hair can be collected without too much difficulty from other sources, and new revive methods may overtake meat effigies in Together anyway.

Willow: The lighter may alleviate the need for torches, but torches are cheap. Lighting random things on fire could be a huge problem when there are more things to light on fire because of more people building, though.

Wolfgang: Hunger is more of a problem in a group, so he sounds much better on paper than in practice, I'd bet.

Wendy: Abigail is useful for spiders, but not much else. I never had problems with spiders, though, and Webber handles them just as well and can do much more.

WX-78: Doesn't bring anything special, and hogs gears which are an important resource.

Wickerbottom: Books provide pretty awesome things, and the normal drawbacks can be overcome by having them used by another character (e.g. someone with better sanity recovery capabilities).

Woodie: Lucy is infinite, but normal axes aren't hard to come by. The curse is probably more of a curse than a blessing in a group context.

Maxwell: Codex umbra is useless even to him.

Wigfrid: Battle spear and battle helm could be shared and are improvements on existing similar items.

Webber: Spider armies are unique, but pigs perform just as well (better in some situations, worse in others)

Archived