Reign of Giants: Your Discoveries

The way the code reads, winter will have the winter koalefant while spring, summer, and autumn will have the summer koalefant.  The Warg will be a chance to override the koalefant.

A koalefant in summer?

I feel sorry for him.

• Developer

When starting the game with "default plus" setting the desert biome seems to be missing. I tested it 7+ times. Default setting generated desert biome instantly. Is this intentional, a bug or just plain bad luck? Can anyone confirm?

Good catch! I think we did in fact forget to add the new biomes to the world gen for the non-default presets. Added to the list.

• Developer

Hm, I'm in a default plus world and got that new deciduous forest biome. Although I still haven't found a desert in it yet.

One thing we do in world gen is sometimes randomly pick between an evergreen and a deciduous tree in the less dense forest areas. Is that what you were seeing? Or did you see moles etc, as well?

Haha, the last night I found "the trick" for the Heat Stone during the Summer lol

In fact the Heat Stone is not really frozen by using the Endothermic Fire, you need to place it inside an ice box and tada, in few seconds the Heat Stone will have a new color (frozen color, not blue), and now it will protect you much longer.

Before the dlc we couldn't put the Heat Stone inside the Ice Box, but tonight I had the idea to put it inside, and it worked giving a new cold level ! lol

So now, the heat stone is very useful in during the summer.

;)

Edit: this is the new level: Cong.png

Haha, the last night I found "the trick" for the Heat Stone during the Summer lol

In fact the Heat Stone is not really frozen by using the Endothermic Fire, you need to place it inside an ice box and tada, in few seconds the Heat Stone will have a new color (frozen color, not blue), and now it will protect you much longer.

Before the dlc we couldn't put the Heat Stone inside the Ice Box, but tonight I had the idea to put it inside, and it worked giving a new cold level ! lol

So now, the heat stone is very useful in during the summer.

;)

Nice find.  You actually can freeze it with an endothermic fire as well, but as soon as you move away from the fire it goes back to normal.  Tested this one and it lasted a more reasonable amount of time (though still kind of short).

I discovered that mushrooms grow into mushtrees on fullmoons, flowers and evil flowers also switch with each other during full moons (evil flowers become regular flowers and regular flowers become evil flowers).

Someone probably already discovered this, but I only just now did.

Anyone wanna take a stab in the dark who the other playable character will be?

I'm going to guess Wallace. Since Kevin had in his mind that he was Scottish, it at least shows some thought's been put into his character beyond a random portrait.

Actually, I just HOPE it's Wallace.

Archived