Reign of Giants: Your Discoveries

There's apparently a bug where using the torch in summer drains heat. Maybe try that? If so USE THE EXPLOIT WHILE WE CAN! (mwuhahhaa)

Has anyone had a problem finding a coalefant? I been trying about 20 times and each time willson says that he lost the track. :(

You too?

Maybe it's broken.

I wanted to see if I could find a autum and spring koalephant.

Has anyone had a problem finding a coalefant? I been trying about 20 times and each time willson says that he lost the track. :(

Based on the reason they say they lose the track (washed away by the rain), I assume spring will be the hardest time to find a koalefant.

Im in autumn and there was no rain when I was tracking the little bugger. I just want my coat for winter and was trying to see if there are different koalefants too. This makes me sad.

Had there been rain before you were tracking him?  I'm thinking it's whether or not the environment is still considered wet, not whether or not it's actively raining.

Edit: Then again that wouldn't make much sense.  Tracks form better in mud.

Had there been rain before you were tracking him?  I'm thinking it's whether or not the environment is still considered wet, not whether or not it's actively raining.

Edit: Then again that wouldn't make much sense.  Tracks form better in mud.

Not the case. I tried during autum(spelling) and it simply said 'lost the tracks'. I tried twice, same result. And there had been no rain.

We're working on this and hope to have a 5th save slot in the next update.

Goodmorning/night.

Quick question. What would be the added difficulty to make it ten slots(excessive, I only use one but hey, it should keep people happy, at least for a time.)

It's just a thought, why add one when you can add enough to circumvent the problem when 5 is no longer enough?

Holding my hands up in surrender here, I'm not meaning to intrude. I'm just curious.

• Developer

Perfectly fair question @Warewolves! The main thing is screen space. In terms of changing the actual saveindex file, there is basically no difference between adding 1 and adding 100 slots, but the UI can only accommodate so many slots without doing an overhaul of the screen. And we'd rather focus our efforts on adding more content to the game itself. The main reason to add a slot for Reign of Giants is so that when people buy it, they won't have to delete a game to play it if they have all four slots full already. Unfortunately, you lovely early-adopters won't get the benefit of that. 

Perfectly fair question @Warewolves! The main thing is screen space. In terms of changing the actual saveindex file, there is basically no difference between adding 1 and adding 100 slots, but the UI can only accommodate so many slots without doing an overhaul of the screen. And we'd rather focus our efforts on adding more content to the game itself. The main reason to add a slot for Reign of Giants is so that when people buy it, they won't have to delete a game to play it if they have all four slots full already. Unfortunately, you lovely early-adopters won't get the benefit of that. 

I see, that makes sense. I thought the case would be not wanting to change the save file picture files(aka the gui interface), but I thought it would be good to ask.

It makes sense why you're only adding one too. That's some farsight you have there.

That's all ^_^ have a good day.

I love that we're getting at least one!  Ideally I'd like to have one for each character.  But I understand the issue.  I never play wendy or willow anyway.

I used to play willow when I was bad at managing sanity.

Stand in front of the fire all day and the problem was solved!

I didn't have maxwell then.

How is the scorching mechanic working?

Things like a Bee Box and a flying Butterfly (hilarious) start smoking and are set ablaze shortly afterwards....My poor pot....

(and bushes, and Bee Box....and loved feeling of safety....noooes)

0Sqi93W.jpg

But an awesome string....Kevins doing I think ^^

I know there is a structure for protection but I think summer has become the new winter for me....^^

need more Ice....or other ways to cool down.....in the caves for example or near ponds

Archived