Reign of Giants: Your Discoveries

It's probably already common sense by now, but if you are wearing/holding wet items, your sanity drains. Such as a wet axe, wet grass suit, etc etc.

Watch out for it, my sanity was going down by 1.5 every second.

Edit:

18a8664ae59d4e23baa4c1b59f43521b.png

I can also confirm vultures are attracted by meat. This could be used as an alternitive food source.

When I put a morsel down a vulture came and attacked me. When it was killed it dropped a morsel and a drumstick.

56e8bbf73ae74d8162a40bb98cdaf8fc.png

I also found a group of goats.

I attacked VULTURES who were just hanging around me. 3 hits with a Spear and the bird flew off. Might need something stronger to bring it down, or it may act like a Turkey where it tunnels on food.  But if a player is to aggro a Vulture with a Ranged Weapon, this won't work if they're so strong.

Read through everything. last night while I was playing a wrote down somethings and here are the ones that've yet to be said. I'll also add a bug report. 

New Items/changes:

*Cacti – Good for 5 sanity, gives 1 health cooked or uncooked plus food. 12.5. Hurts less w/ armor, otherwise about 8hp (might be too high, maybe it was 5) lost can be reduced to 2 with log suit / 3 with grass suit.

Pig Houses / Chests / Farms all burn in fires. They leave charred remnants of themselves. Hammering the remnants of a Charred Pig house will give half of the normal items for a un-burnt Pig House. (Already stated)

Full Moon – I first played as Woody and did not get the chance to appreciate the beautiful light of the Full Moon. It is gorgeous! Especially in the Autumn Leaf biome with all of the fireflies (Already Stated - but beautiful) 

*Pigmen will aggro wolves / spiders much faster

*Moles do consume heatstones - saw one sniffing mine and later gave it up as bait and he took it.

*At the moment, Woody has better comments about the effects of wet weather than WX (Ex. "It's like watching meat dry in the rain")

RAIN: Meat dries much slower

Rain can ruin Crockpot food sitting out :(

Snow counts as Rain

Wet Heat Stones do not heat past minimum (1st stage heated).

*Top Hat and Football Helmet do not get wet - like straw hat

SUMMER: I've yet to get there, however -

Endothermic Fire/Firepit: (Endothermic Defined as absorbing heat) might be meant as a "reverse" / "opposite" of normal fire so for summer time it'll consume heat. 

Bugs:

Lucy the axe doubled on world progression

All Koalefant outrun player tracking

Found a random Pigman and what I can only assume were 3 Frog/Fishmen (bodies only – fishx3 froglegx3) fighting wolves in the desert.

Wood from Cave stalagmite (intended - previous to RofG)

Can’t stack items into chests or chester – states full when items such as seeds and meats can be stacked in higher quantities. In order to do this, one has to open up the chest and then move the items in, or shift-click. Hovering over the chest/chester and placing the items will bring up the “it’s full” announcement from character.

Unsure:

Found 4 Tree Guards around a skeleton in the Desert biome (already stated - new set piece)   

I like the new seasons, monsters, items so far. Also the fact that rain is now a little bit more "dangerous".
And now that everything can be burned down, you really need to think how to build your base or have extra bases.
Pigs don't eat flower pedals anymore to produce mass farms. Bunny holes are closed. There are now more situations where you have to adapt to survive.

But I think Thumbleweed, moles and acors are OP and too easy sources of food/material.

So far: Great update! :D Thanks Klei!

Wood from Cave stalagmite       

That's not a bug and it's been like that for awhile.  Best guess is that tall stalagmites used to be ordinary cave trees and either partially petrified or got coated in stalagmite forming minerals.

I took everything in this thread, and others, and put it all into one document.

Here

It can be edited as anyone pleases.

Nice compilation, but don't forget about the wiki.  It doesn't have everything yet and can use some more contributors to add things.  I'm the only one that has been adding things about the DLC and the health of my arm is limiting my speed and abilities.

ETA: At the moment though wikia is apparently having trouble with their database, so editing may have to wait a few hours.

Nice compilation, but don't forget about the wiki.  It doesn't have everything yet and can use some more contributors to add things.  I'm the only one that has been adding things about the DLC and the health of my arm is limiting my speed and abilities.

ETA: At the moment though wikia is apparently having trouble with their database, so editing may have to wait a few hours.

I would, but I'm not exactly versed in the art of the wiki, and am hesitant to touch it because there is a chance I may do something wrong.

Mainly, I have no idea where I create the pages, etc etc. I could google it, but another project consumes me.

I would, but I'm not exactly versed in the art of the wiki, and am hesitant to touch it because there is a chance I may do something wrong.

Mainly, I have no idea where I create the pages, etc etc. I could google it, but another project consumes me.

If you mess up it can always be undone, but I doubt you'd mess things up.  Some of the pages just need work in getting started, and other editors can add things and clean things up from there.  Starting a page is easy, just click on the "contribute" button in the upper right corner of the page and select "Add a page".

Of course I'm not focusing on you adding the things, but am just saying that anyone who saw my message and wants to contribute is more than welcome to.

If you mess up it can always be undone, but I doubt you'd mess things up.  Some of the pages just need work in getting started, and other editors can add things and clean things up from there.  Starting a page is easy, just click on the "contribute" button in the upper right corner of the page and select "Add a page".

Of course I'm not focusing on you adding the things, but am just saying that anyone who saw my message and wants to contribute is more than welcome to.

I'll consider it, but not right now.

I got curious about how over-heating worked for the characters, and then I realised that Wilson's beard keeps him warm in the Winter which made me wonder if it would cause him to over-heat faster in Summer depending on the level it was at.

As it turns out, the beard doesn't affect how fast he over-heats. You can still grow tier 3 Beards to reap the benefits of Beard Hair.

berry bushes and saplings (and possibly crops??? I don't have any farms yet so I'm not sure) wither during the summer apparently

tumblr_n1otmnCrxL1r5j6bwo1_400.jpg

apparently these bushes can also start wiLD FIRES

tumblr_n1ouc9Nt5E1r5j6bwo1_400.jpg
tumblr_n1ouc9Nt5E1r5j6bwo2_500.jpg
tumblr_n1ouc9Nt5E1r5j6bwo3_400.jpg
tumblr_n1ouc9Nt5E1r5j6bwo4_1280.jpg
tumblr_n1ouc9Nt5E1r5j6bwo5_1280.jpg

idk what I expected to happen just standing there watching it smoke tbh

'Oh a bush'

'It's on fire'

'Welp gotta go'

'I REALLY GOTTA GO NOW BYE'

Will it cost at release more money and will people that bought it while the beta have to buy it again or will it just be like it was with the vanilla game?

Yes it will cost more at the release and no we won't have to buy it again.

Archived