Reign of Giants: Your Discoveries

Um....I think you can only get koalafant in Sumer and Winter because of this some code:

self.beast_prefab_summer = "koalefant_summer"
    self.beast_prefab_winter = "koalefant_winter"
    self.alternate_beast_prefab = "warg"

if spawn_pt then
        if math.random() > TUNING.HUNT_ALTERNATE_BEAST_CHANCE then
    if GetWorld().components.seasonmanager:IsWinter() then
    self.huntedbeast = SpawnPrefab(self.beast_prefab_winter)
    else
    self.huntedbeast = SpawnPrefab(self.beast_prefab_summer)
    end
        else
            self.huntedbeast = SpawnPrefab(self.alternate_beast_prefab)
        end

Spring and Autum let you get the warg. Plus those are the only koalafants outlined in the code.

The way the code reads, winter will have the winter koalefant while spring, summer, and autumn will have the summer koalefant.  The Warg will be a chance to override the koalefant.

The way the code reads, winter will have the winter koalefant while spring, summer, and autumn will have the summer koalefant.  The Warg will be a chance to override the koalefant.

Oh alright that makes more sense.  But still what is this warg?

How about the tesla tree?  Probably what we'll use the volt goat horn to make.  There's an anim file for a short one and a tall one, but the tall one is empty.  Odd that there would be two sizes of a craftable item though, so maybe I'm wrong and we'll find this growing in the wild.  Who knows what's possible in the world of Don't Starve...

Tesla_Tree_Short.png

This reminds me of Kevin's idea for a Tier 3 Mad Science Machine that needs to be hooked up to a lightning rod and only works when powered. It's possible that instead of hooking it up the lightning rod, it's just built in?

This reminds me of Kevin's idea for a Tier 3 Mad Science Machine that needs to be hooked up to a lightning rod and only works when powered. It's possible that instead of hooking it up the lightning rod, it's just built in?

I hope it is a new science machine.  That'd mean we've got a whole new tier to play with.  Perhaps we'd even have two new tiers, since there's also going to be a "tesla_tree_tall" according to the files.

Hmm giant 20x as evil hound? Considering wargs usually reference big wolf like creatures

Houndlike sure, but I sure as hell hope they don't just enlarge an existing hound image for it.

I hope it is a new science machine.  That'd mean we've got a whole new tier to play with.  Perhaps we'd even have two new tiers, since there's also going to be a "tesla_tree_tall" according to the files.

Houndlike sure, but I sure as hell hope they don't just enlarge an existing hound image for it.

Knowing the developers it might have 3 heads, spew fire, and send miniature ones to you lol

Anyone know if a treeguard can spawn from the new trees? And if so, what does it look like?

It doesn't appear to be in the game yet, but the files suggest there will be one.  Or at least some sort of deciduous tree monster.

It doesn't appear to be in the game yet, but the files suggest there will be one.  Or at least some sort of deciduous tree monster.

Perhaps cutting down enough deciduous trees will summon the new Summer boss?

I mean, the Acorns have a string that suggests they'll be used as bait...

Perhaps cutting down enough deciduous trees will summon the new Summer boss?

I mean, the Acorns have a string that suggests they'll be used as bait...

Hm... I'm not so sure considering the boss appears to be a Dragonfly.

When starting the game with "default plus" setting the desert biome seems to be missing. I tested it 7+ times. Default setting generated desert biome instantly. Is this intentional, a bug or just plain bad luck? Can anyone confirm?

I've noticed this as well. I suggest posting as a bug in the bug forums, if it has not already been done. 

In "tuning.lua" there's an entry for "DECID_TREE_MONSTER_CHANCE = .5", as well as some other info about it.  I've not encountered one yet, so I figure it's not implemented yet, but we may want to look out for it.

at the moment I've only been cutting down the new tree: 

1) because i like their look more atm (maybe because its new or maybe because it reflects light :p)  

2) because they don't have a chance to spawn tree ents - yet

3) acorns op?

OH MY GOD!  COULD IT BE?!   MAD SCIENCCCCCCE!!!!

Archived