All Beta known information collected

So from what i've researched from others playing, here is the info, and this is assuming ya'll have already watched the dev stream

Boss info

• you can burn corpses before they become zombie super lunar mutants if done before the geysalts possess them
  • defeating each one has wagstaff appear and taking notes, requesting that you defeat the other remaining zombie super mutants
  • defeating all three will result in wagstaff presenting you with a ark-thingy
    • taking the ark thingy to the archives, you can catch one of the guard posts lightning ball to charge the ark thingy
    • going to a brightsmithy will allow you to craft one of the 3 new boss items; doing so consumes the ark thingy i believe :P
      • the 3 being the hound arrow shooter, polar bearger icebox, and the deerclops freezing eyestalk thing
        • the deerclops freezing eyestalk has like a lightning rod sized cooling effect range
        • polar bearger icebox has 6x better spoilage rate than the fridge;
  • festive laser deerclops and festive winter bearger both become possessed, but once fully mutated turn into the default mutant form; no special forms

Wagstaff side adventures

• wagstaff will appear (i believe the code says every 4 days) running in a direction saying he waits for noone;
    • following the direction he was walking towards will eventually result in you finding 3 abandoned junk structures and a research note
    • hammering the 3 abandoned junk will drop a new item called "scrap" and potentially a blueprint as well
      • the blueprints are for the new armor chestpiece and armor headpiece which require like around 8 scrap each
    • studying the research note will reveal that kolefants and grass gekkos are also prime candidates for zombie super mutation, possibly hinting at future corruptions
    •  unsure if wagstaff just needs the lunar rift to alter the world in order for his hints to appear

Other neat stuff

• Phonograph DOES tend to plants
    • i believe the range is like 1.5 turf tiles
    • record's song is based on it's skin;
      • red being ragtime, blue and green being other songs you can start off with. each has their own description, with Maxwell wanting to "DESTROY IT" when examining the red record
      • no sanity regen from this; no sanity loss for ragtime around maxwell
  • lunar frogs jump farther, (so they catch up to you faster) still only drop froglegs, and still make you drop your first item;
    • they also seem to have planar damage and i heard somewhere they do cold damage or some side effect damage but unsure

And that's all i've found so far; if ya'll find any more info, feel free to post it here

15 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

Can anyone test wheter you have to kill the 3 new bosses for wagstaff to drop the Ark (Sentrypede head), or just 3 random lunar mutated mobs?

i believe all 3; watched someone attack deerclops like 3 times but wagstaff wouldnt appear again

according to another forum post, each boss has a weakness that can be used to stun them;

• deerclops is being hit by fire when it's two back icicles are used
  • bearger is attacking when it gets up from butt slam; needs to do planar damage; possibly a shadow weapon too
  • varg is when it's using it's spit flamethrower attack; i think also needs to do planar damage; possibly a shadow weapon too

both pieces of W.A.R.B.I.S. armor have 5 planar defense, 10 when combined

along with 85% damage reduction

every stage of 'analyzation' provides an additive 0.05* damage multiplier and 7.5% speed modifier 

at full analyzation the armor gives a 1.2* damage multiplier and 30% speed modifier (meaning a new highest damage threshold of 1029 has been created)

the warbis abilities can be activated with training dummies

17 minutes ago, Curly Bill said:

you can burn corpses before they become zombie super lunar mutants if done before the geysalts possess them

I thought that I'd have to fight lunar variants when I just wanted the original loot drops and it is a relief to know that this isn't the case. 

Hopefully klei doesn't change it because someone will complain about this.

There were a few stealth changes this update:

• Bearger damage decreased from 200 -> 175
  • Bearger attack range decreased from 6 -> 5
  • Acid rain affects fuelable items (ex: torches) twice as much.
  • Acid rain affects perishable items (ex: meat) 30% less. 

Source:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.455faa848d917e522324a40e4b66c9be.png
image.thumb.png.5cb6d97944164d8c95df93f6f53f6388.png

Are you capable of getting more than 1 ark sentrypede head? The dialogue with Wagstaff seems to imply that he's rewarding you for kill the 3 lunar bosses since he needs data on it. If this is the case then it doesn't make a ton of sense to just re-kill the lunar bosses since he'd already have data on them.

50 minutes ago, lenship2 said:

both pieces of W.A.R.B.I.S. armor have 5 planar defense, 10 when combined

along with 85% damage reduction

every stage of 'analyzation' provides an additive 0.05* damage multiplier and 7.5% speed modifier 

at full analyzation the armor gives a 1.2* damage multiplier and 30% speed modifier (meaning a new highest damage threshold of 936 has been created)

the warbis abilities can be activated with training dummies

I think your numbers are off. It seems to be a 1.25x damage modifier, as I've seen the damage numbers get upto 1030

image.png?ex=65178a6e&is=651638ee&hm=c5b5fa10bf3deb3b182481528ae383b82bb963e42ec8d1e590764731ce557763&

14 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

Are you capable of getting more than 1 ark sentrypede head? The dialogue with Wagstaff seems to imply that he's rewarding you for kill the 3 lunar bosses since he needs data on it. If this is the case then it doesn't make a ton of sense to just re-kill the lunar bosses since he'd already have data on them.

from my understanding yes you can; but i think you have to do all 3 over again if i understand correctly

13 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

I think your numbers are off. It seems to be a 1.25x damage modifier, as I've seen the damage numbers get upto 1030

1.2x is the correct modifier:
image.png.8057247836c08bcef179a8c29627fb75.png

Here is your full damage calc:

Spoiler

Physical damage: 100 (blow dart)
Physical damage mods: 2 (wolfgang) * 1.1 (Abigail) * 3 (spicy voltgoat jelly) * 1.3 (shadow-aligned) * 1.2 (wagpunk hat)
Total damage = 100 * 2 * 1.1 * 3 * 1.3 * 1.2 = 1029.6, round up to 1030 for epic healthbar

More details on the Wagstaff machines:

• 3 machines will spawn in a random location 4-7 days after rifts have been enabled.
  • Every 1-15 days after that, Wagstaff will appear near the player, running towards where the machines spawned. This takes longer to occur each time and occurs 11 times in total (so it's around 1 day for the first appearance and around 15 days for the last). I think it's intended to be 10 times so this might change.
  • After destroying all three machines, a new set of machines will respawn 4-7 days immediately after and a new set of Wagstaff appearances will occur.
  • Hammering machinery gives a 20% chance to drop 1 of 3 blueprints.

If you want to check the timers for yourself, you can use the following console command (make sure you're host):

Spoiler

c_announce(TheWorld.components.wagpunk_manager:GetDebugString())

The Crystaleyezer emits a subtle freezing effect within a small radius, making it possible to freeze even normally resistant creatures with a single ice staff use.

This tactic proves especially effective against Brightshades, as freezing their tendrils immobilizes their entire body, making the ice staff a viable tool for handling multiple infestations. So long as you bait their tendrils close to the Crystaleyezer.

Also, the scrap you get from Wagstaff's abandoned stuff can be used to repair ruined clockworks in the ruins just like with gears. Quite nice, since repairing ruined clockworks gives double the drops.

4 hours ago, Curly Bill said:

lunar frogs jump farther, (so they catch up to you faster) still only drop froglegs, and still make you drop your first item;

• they also seem to have planar damage and i heard somewhere they do cold damage or some side effect damage but unsure

Please tell me where to find or get them? I went through the entire forum, but I couldn't find the necessary information

3 hours ago, Arcwell said:
  • Bearger damage decreased from 200 -> 175
  • Bearger attack range decreased from 6 -> 5

These two make me a bit sad. I think bearger should keep old values. Armored is a beast. We don't need the old bearger to be weakened to extenuate it

10 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Please tell me where to find or get them? I went through the entire forum, but I couldn't find the necessary information

i've only seen them spawned; you would probably have to enable to lunar rift and spawn in a frog or spawn a lunar frog

Archived