-The waiting thread- WE GOT IT! -Let's keep waiting-

24 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yeah? Well also keep in mind that the Terraria update added 27 Terraria themed skins, Two Terraria Bosses, new crockpot dishes, Two New Weapons based on Terraria, a Terraria Pet Den Critter, and an entire world Gen preset setting titled “A taste of Terraria”

In that comparison, just getting the Lamb in DST as a new playable character would be bite-sized.

However… Doesn’t Wurt already have a Lamb skin? And I personally would be PISSED if they added a crossover character into DST before adding the rest of the characters who are from DS/DST but that’s just me..

I was equally pissed when Injustice 2 added 3 characters from Mortal Kombat instead of more Injustice Characters.

But I’m weird like that.

she has a gorge skin, that has a very different aesthetic from the Cult.

I think that a new character would be way harder to implement thant two bosses and weapons to match (as it would require the character to have new perks that differ from our current cast), but I would welcome that too as the only character that I like from DS is Wheeler.

28 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

However… Doesn’t Wurt already have a Lamb skin? And I personally would be PISSED if they added a crossover character into DST before adding the rest of the characters who are from DS/DST but that’s just me..

Lol, imagine that a lamb is just a skin on Wurt, very similar in silhouette. Although the lamb as a character is also very interesting! I would also like to see Leshy either as an NPC or as a boss

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

just getting the Lamb in DST as a new playable character would be bite-sized

It'd be less content but also a huge deal

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

And I personally would be PISSED if they added a crossover character into DST before adding the rest of the characters who are from DS/DST

I'm sorry but we both know that's just not happening

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

If you really want to go all in, alot of the above mentioned characters have their own unique emotes, so I can just picture a emote where Wilson with a torch in hand burns out & a Terrorbeak spawns and bites him so the Fortnite Wilson collapses over into a DBNO state.

DST doesn’t even have to get anything from Fortnite added into it in return.. they don’t add Fortnite Crap into Futuramas TV series, or Witcher 3 so why should we expect DST to get Fortnite stuff?

This is mainly just DST IN FORTNITE & not the other way around..

But nontheless, since we have no actual clue what the crossover is until the announcement is made… I’m gonna keep taking wild guess at it.

Mike, we don't want a fornite "crossover" because we will get 0 stuff for DST, I doubt many people from DST community even plays fortnite.

The reason why big brands don't get anything it's obviously because they use fortnite as a playable ad for their products.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Also: I just like pushing a lot of peoples buttons, while there’s no DENYING that Fortnite is a massively popular platform to get noticed on, people still have (in my opinion unfair) hatred toward the game.

So I know it’s going to be heated topic bringing it up, and it gets under people’s skin. :lol:

I don't think people still hate the game (at least I don't). The reason of people disliking your crossover suggestion, its because probably not many people plays that (in the DST community), and we won't get anything for DST, so then why have a "crossover" if you can only enjoy it in other game?

Final thoughts: bruh.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

And I personally would be PISSED if they added a crossover character into DST before adding the rest of the characters who are from DS/DST but that’s just me.

I actually think the Lamb could be a good character for the game. The artstyle for COTL is pretty compatible with Don't Starve, the whacky dark humor of the game, large ties to dark magic.

I don't want crossover characters in general, but I could actually make an exception for the Lamb. 

46 minutes ago, Ulisesvolador said:

Mike, we don't want a fornite "crossover" because we will get 0 stuff for DST, I doubt many people from DST community even plays fortnite.

The reason why big brands don't get anything it's obviously because they use fortnite as a playable ad for their products.

I don't think people still hate the game (at least I don't). The reason of people disliking your crossover suggestion, its because probably not many people plays that, and we won't get anything for DST, so then why have a "crossover" if you can only enjoy it in other game?

Final thoughts: bruh.

Don’t even reply, it’s a troll account or a bot 

Guys, while I appreciate all the attention, the thread wasn’t about me. The thread was about waiting for the crossover reveal, and now that we know that it actually is Cult of the Lambs we should be discussing that.

What I find slightly ironic however is that with this upcoming crossover DST will have had TWO Crossovers with Rogue-Lite games, which is kinda sad in a way because to me DST doesn’t really feel like a “True” Rogue-Lite.

I’ve never played CoTL but a quick google search & more importantly the reviews for it claim it’s “Don’t Starve” meets “The Binding of Issac” so it feels fitting that a game CoTL was ALWAYS compared to finally gets a crossover with DST.

It feels like things just came full circle.

48 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Guys, while I appreciate all the attention, the thread wasn’t about me. The thread was about waiting for the crossover reveal, and now that we know that it actually is Cult of the Lambs we should be discussing that.

What I find slightly ironic however is that with this upcoming crossover DST will have had TWO Crossovers with Rogue-Lite games, which is kinda sad in a way because to me DST doesn’t really feel like a “True” Rogue-Lite.

I’ve never played CoTL but a quick google search & more importantly the reviews for it claim it’s “Don’t Starve” meets “The Binding of Issac” so it feels fitting that a game CoTL was ALWAYS compared to finally gets a crossover with DST.

It feels like things just came full circle.

My first impression with CoTL was The Binding of Isaac with elements of Animal Crossing.

It doesn't feel anything close to Don't Starve. (Then again i only played Demo tho)

It's definitely something i'd play long term. I might get it when it's on sale.

3 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

My first impression with CoTL was The Binding of Issac with elements of Animal Crossing.

It doesn't feel anything close to Don't Starve. (Then again i only played Demo tho)

funnily enough, its kinda similar to Dont Starves original concept of half the game being a Town Builder and the other half a randomly generated resource colleting

36 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

My first impression with CoTL was The Binding of Isaac with elements of Animal Crossing.

It’s on sale right now on Xbox for 16$ just doesn’t seem like something I’d want to play.. but it also has a free trial, so maybe I’ll check it out.

IMG_5872.thumb.jpeg.28897483d492d1b4f54b72eb4f4366b4.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It’s on sale right now on Xbox for 16$ just doesn’t seem like something I’d want to play.. but it also has a free trial, so maybe I’ll check it out.

Thank's for the tip but i'm PC only

Also i wanna mention for the people talking about a wurt skin… i mean she IS the village building character.

here’s hoping for some interesting mechanics and not JUST skins (but then again CotL was super cute)

its a bit hopeful but i’d love some pig village mechanics since its a crossover with a village forming game.

2 hours ago, Copyafriend said:

Also i wanna mention for the people talking about a wurt skin… i mean she IS the village building character.

here’s hoping for some interesting mechanics and not JUST skins (but then again CotL was super cute)

its a bit hopeful but i’d love some pig village mechanics since its a crossover with a village forming game.

You're right, skins are not the main thing. If there were no skins but only a contet, I would be more glad

Archived