-The waiting thread- WE GOT IT! -Let's keep waiting-

3 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Будем надеяться на лучшее дружище!

That's all that remains. In any case, if nothing appears before midnight, then I'll do it tomorrow, if, of course, something appears at all, heh. In general, we will wait for news, buddy ~

I have a question, was there any other hints besides it being ''bite sized'' that would imply COTL is indeed the crossover? ''Bite sized'' can mean a lot of things, including a pun on the word ''byte'' which could make the crossover more technology themed. 

Core Keeper is a game with a lot of skins that would cover some under-loved items. It has a tentacle melee weapon for the spike, and some of the axes like the octarine axe would fit very well as a tentacle spike.  Scarlet Armor or Galaxy armor could skin the void items, and the godsent king armor could replace brightshade. The Rune song for the brightshade sword, and possible the poison sickle for the reaper.

Additionally it has a combining food mechanic to make all kinds of variants, which fits well with DST's crockpot system.

It has so many fitting skins, is quite ''small'' in its artstyle, and is a top-down survival game that meshes a lot of ideas together like Don't Starve, and Terraria. To me Core Keeper seems way more sensible. 

I wouldn't complain if its COTL but unless more hints were given that I'm not aware of, I don't see how ''Bite sized'' makes people think COTL.

2 minutes ago, cropo said:

I wouldn't complain if its COTL but unless more hints were given that I'm not aware of, I don't see how ''Bite sized'' makes people think COTL

The posting between cotl and klei on twitter is what makes people think this not the bite size

1 minute ago, cropo said:

'Bite sized'' can mean a lot of things

JoeW said it was pun on Don't Starve, not the other game.

CotL was chosen as the fan favourite because they announced a secret thing to happen today, and it's the usual DST update day. There is literally no other reason, aside maybe from those cute drawings from Klei to Massive Monster on Twitter but they've done that before.

This is all pure speculation, I'm fully prepared for nothing to happen today, but it's nice to just chill and pretend good things are coming. And they are, even if not today

Guys.. GUYS!!! Fortnite is updating right now! (Not joking it actually is updating..)

I would be beyond thrilled with a FortnitexDST crossover actually, and the funny part is that it wouldn’t require much to do it…

Take the Raptors that are currently roaming the map, remove the ability to tame or ride them, reskin them into Terrorbeaks.. and that’s half the work right there. ;) 

On 6/29/2023 at 8:11 AM, JoeW said:

But I'm glad you all are excited. 

I just wanted to say "Bite sized" was only intended to be a Don't Starve reference and that it was smaller than the Terraria Crossover in a fun way. It was not a hint at the content and we have not provided any hints as to what it might be. 

But - your guesses and interests are useful, because who knows, it could give us more ideas. =)

Here it is. We literally have no clues whatsoever, so just sit with us and pretend you can hear me lose a perfect on Moai Doo-Woop 2 for the 500th time

If it is COTL and it isn't just skins, an ability to create shrines to control pigs and possibly other followers would be cool. Deployable inventory items already exist like the houndius and the new crafting stations so you could add a new boss that drops it.

Maybe you could make a food deposit box that you can let pigs eat in a radius to mass-recruit them all at once, and keep them recruited. Let the box be toggleable so you can neglect feeding them if you don't want them to stay recruited.

I really hope they don't add eating crap into the game, that's just really gross and not funny to me. 

1 minute ago, lenship2 said:

bruh

No.. DST in Fortnite, get it right! While we’re at it let’s add DS/DST liveries to vehicles in Rocket League.

What do Fortnite, DST and Rocket League all have in common? Tencent has shares into them.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

No.. DST in Fortnite, get it right! While we’re at it let’s add DS/DST liveries to vehicles in Rocket League.

What do Fortnite, DST and Rocket League all have in common? Tencent has shares into them.

Maybe we can get an official default dance emote without having to use a mod.

It also has a building feature like DST, it could work...although ugh....Fortnite....

Just now, cropo said:

Maybe we can get an official default dance emote without having to use a mod.

It also has a building feature like DST, it could work...although ugh....Fortnite....

Honestly.. Fortnite is like one big mashup of the most popular movies, Tv shows, video games & animes- name any other game where WWEs Becky Lynch can fight side by Side with Dragonballz’s Goku, DC Comics Birds of Prey Harley Quinn, Terminators Sarah Conor, & Futurama’s Bender

My point is if all those other licensed properties can be in Fortnite, why can’t I get a skin for Wilson or Willow in Fortnite? Bonus points if we can get a Hambat & Tentacle Spike as Melee Weapons.

If you really want to go all in, alot of the above mentioned characters have their own unique emotes, so I can just picture a emote where Wilson with a torch in hand burns out & a Terrorbeak spawns and bites him so the Fortnite Wilson collapses over into a DBNO state.

DST doesn’t even have to get anything from Fortnite added into it in return.. they don’t add Fortnite Crap into Futuramas TV series, or Witcher 3 so why should we expect DST to get Fortnite stuff?

This is mainly just DST IN FORTNITE & not the other way around..

But nontheless, since we have no actual clue what the crossover is until the announcement is made… I’m gonna keep taking wild guess at it.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Honestly.. Fortnite is like one big mashup of the most popular movies, Tv shows, video games & animes- name any other game where WWEs Becky Lynch can fight side by Side with Dragonballz’s Goku, DC Comics Birds of Prey Harley Quinn, Terminators Sarah Conor, & Futurama’s Bender

My point is if all those other licensed properties can be in Fortnite, why can’t I get a skin for Wilson or Willow in Fortnite? Bonus points if we can get a Hambat & Tentacle Spike as Melee Weapons.

If you really want to go all in, alot of the above mentioned characters have their own unique emotes, so I can just picture a emote where Wilson with a torch in hand burns out & a Terrorbeak spawns and bites him so the Fortnite Wilson collapses over into a DBNO state.

DST doesn’t even have to get anything from Fortnite added into it in return.. they don’t add Fortnite Crap into Futuramas TV series, or Witcher 3 so why should we expect DST to get Fortnite stuff?

This is mainly just DST IN FORTNITE & not the other way around..

But nontheless, since we have no actual clue what the crossover is until the announcement is made… I’m gonna keep taking wild guess at it.

I imagine it would draw a seriously negative reaction if the crossover added absolutely nothing to DST, would probably even be worse than the likely negative reaction it would get if Fortnite was indeed the crossover.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Because that's not really a cross over now is it?

1 minute ago, cropo said:

I imagine it would draw a seriously negative reaction if the crossover added absolutely nothing to DST, would probably even be worse than the likely negative reaction it would get if Fortnite was indeed the crossover.

Yeah I’m not reading all of that

14 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

Because that's not really a cross over now is it?

Actually it is! The TMNT and RWBY have been added into the game Smite, but nothing from Smite was ever added to TMNT or RWBY.

it’s mainly just to put something popular into something else that’s popular.. but both games or franchises don’t have to get something from the other game/franchise.

Also: I just like pushing a lot of peoples buttons, while there’s no DENYING that Fortnite is a massively popular platform to get noticed on, people still have (in my opinion unfair) hatred toward the game.

So I know it’s going to be heated topic bringing it up, and it gets under people’s skin. :lol:

Id really love to know why people have such a disliking for Fortnite though.. do they ONLY play in one game mode? Do they not know where the “Mute the Annoying Kids” Button is?? I mean what is it specifically that make people dislike it?

I can honestly only see Adding DST skins to Fortnite as a GOOD THING.. I get to play as characters from my favorite game that hardly NONE of my friends play, inside of a game that almost ALL of my friends play..

What is there to lose?

Archived