-The waiting thread- WE GOT IT! -Let's keep waiting-

Just now, -Variant said:

Dev stream going on, it's not showcasing the new content (I don't think at least) but the banner has cute art!
image.pngimage.png

:O

I do have to wonder why the crossover update is next week on a monday. Did both parties not have enough time or is it because of the COTL side of things?

36 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

I do have to wonder why the crossover update is next week on a monday. Did both parties not have enough time or is it because of the COTL side of things?

Dropping an update without any hype would be lame, also the cotl birthday week

Honestly, I hope the Lamb is a boss. Let me fight em

I find it peculiar KLei is silent, taking to heart that August 21 date for the crossover event, aside the small social-media teaser. One would expect forums to be the 1st place such event would be publicized. Probably tonight we'll see some announcement, detailed, on KLei forums too.

As for the actual DST content via the crossover, I doubt the Lamb/"Wamb" will be a playable character; more likely a summoned NPC akin Wagstaff and Pearl, perhaps in a remote part of Swamp or the 2nd Pig Village, or in an entirely different "Eldritch horror" place with an idyllic surface appearance (to be in-tune with its cultic aspect). A setting like in its original "Cult of the Lamb" game. Maybe Lamb will give various rewards for quest to players, and even become a boss under certain circumstances. The Roadmap's "bite-sized" mention hints, seemingly, at a small-scale crossover in terms of content - I for one hope that's not the case, and the "bite" is a wordplay on something else. Either way I fancy the event. Terraria crossover was quite nice & good imo, even with the server-trolling nature of its summons.

It would be cool if the crossover leaned into the 'eldritch powers, cult offerings, rituals and sacrifices'-side of things, considering that dst with its lunar altars and Aler/Gnaw/Them already fits into these themses (just haven't explored them).

But I have a strong suspicion that we'll instead get the 'cute camping set-up' plus some slight sacrificial motifs from CotL. Something like Lamb npc that asks you for a captured rabbit, as opposed to setting up Pigs' heads on stakes

Would be a good time to add more unique weapons, if not an entire combat overhaul, but I just remembered that devs mentioned the update being small, so so much for that

Still exited tho, wasn't a big fan of CotL, but I do like its esthetic

EDIT: Also also, just saw that webber will be a follower in CotL, so killing that little freak over and over again will be awesome:wilson_evil:

22 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

It would be cool if the crossover leaned into the 'eldritch powers, cult offerings, rituals and sacrifices'-side of things, considering that dst with its lunar altars and Aler/Gnaw/Them already fits into these themses (just haven't explored them).

But I have a strong suspicion that we'll instead get the 'cute camping set-up' plus some slight sacrificial motifs from CotL. Something like Lamb npc that asks you for a captured rabbit, as opposed to setting up Pigs' heads on stakes

Actually now that you mention it… A COTL Crossover would be a PERFECT time for Klei to allow us the players to create our own pig/Merm heads on sticks or bones like in the desert, once those items get destroyed they’re just gone forever.. unless your on PC and console command them back in.

Im a creepy weirdo who likes not so normal things (my favorite holiday is Halloween ffs) And the two games Klei have crossed over with perfectly fit that creepy weirdo I guess you can say bizarre or macabre horror vibe.

So I for one, will probably try out CoTL just because I like it’s abnormal scenery, but I wish I could equally spooky up my DST worlds someday..

I think Webber may made the portal think about it wortox brought in the first cross over so Klei has a history of having there characters  bring the cross overs in and in the Webber short  the spider  had purple around it just like the unstable portal witch suggests the “glass case” was a device that  transported the spider to the normal world through some kind of portal witch leads me to think that ,that  Energy didn’t dissipate when fusing them together and this is the time that the rifts are opening ups so doesn’t that seem like the perfect time to bring possibly portal power in to play 

23 hours ago, -Variant said:

Dev stream going on, it's not showcasing the new content (I don't think at least) but the banner has cute art!
image.pngimage.png

Do you think the lamb is setting up shop in the constant or do you think the don’t starve stuff in the background is stuff leak in to cult of the lamb’s world 

5 hours ago, Dr.Webber said:

Do you think the lamb is setting up shop in the constant or do you think the don’t starve stuff in the background is stuff leak in to cult of the lamb’s world 

Second one because the ground is not dst turf like

On 8/18/2023 at 5:57 AM, gamehun20 said:

Xbox (& I think also PlayStation) usually do their store/game updates on a Thursday, so to have this happening on a Monday feels a bit out of place. And as a Console gamer it leaves me worried if we will actually get the crossover content on Aug 21, or if the more likely case: PC will get it on that date while us console gamers will have to wait till the usual Thursday (or next Thursday after that)

24 minutes ago, abrocator said:

I hope he's OP.

Could very well be the case - looking at Terraria's crossover, many people at that time underlined Mask & Shield of Terror are quite the best items added to the game in a long while, with unique mechanics. Don't know the specifics of Cult of the Lamb, but Lamb seems to have that "equippable" critter on head "slot", seemingly with wide magical array of abilities, and dubbing as hand-slot item/weapon in the form of a sword - could be his signature double-use paraphernalia somewhat akin to Wanda's Alarm Clock. And may be "OP", yes.

7 minutes ago, MostMerryTomcat said:

Could very well be the case - looking at Terraria's crossover, many people at that time underlined Mask & Shield of Terror are quite the best items added to the game in a long while, with unique mechanics. Don't know the specifics of Cult of the Lamb, but Lamb seems to have that "equippable" critter on head "slot", seemingly with wide magical array of abilities, and dubbing as hand-slot item/weapon in the form of a sword - could be his signature double-use paraphernalia somewhat akin to Wanda's Alarm Clock. And may be "OP", yes.

Dang, I totally forgot CotL has spells! Really hope we'll get a taste of that!

Archived