[Game Update] - 553879

• Developer

Changes

• Added craftable Punching Bag, Bright Boxer, and Shadow Boxer, to replace the debug Dummy Targets.
  • Lunar Grazers can now be examined.
  • Brightshade Bombs will now hurt yourself, but not other players (unless PvP is enabled).
  • Hit effects to indicate attacking a Planar creature with normal weapons, and being hit by them without wearing any Planar defense armor.
  • Added hit effects for Brightshade Sword.
  • Added sound effects for Brightshade Bomb.

Bug Fixes

• Added missing crafting hints for Brightshade equipment.
  • Fixed colours for Brightsmithy crafting station icon.
  • Fixed an animation bug with Ryftsals when they are mined.
  • Brightshade equipment now highlights properly when equipped.
  • Fixed an issue with how Deadly Brightshades target plants and tweaked the system a little.
  • Fixed deaggro range on Lunar Grazers, and they are no longer affected by Gestalt protection from equipment.

Notes for Modders

• UIAnim:GetBoundingBoxSize() has been added as a convenience wrapper for getting the width and height of the element.

View full update

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3
  • Health 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 2
  • GL Happy 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Punching Bag

Spoiler

punchingbag-hit.gif.ac12e2fe6d0746d937e1e467c1c8d88b.gif

Bright Boxer

Spoiler

punchingbag_lunar-hit.gif.223573081b240ee125bccb86c96ad3bc.gif

Shadow Boxer

Spoiler

punchingbag_shadow-hit.gif.6f12b45490b8e2af7ad8464500ce1f6e.gif

EDIT:  @V2C The anim.bin file for the punchingbag doesn't have a swap_body layer.  So, armor that you place on the punchingbag currently shows up invisible on it.  

For example, here's the Bright Boxer with the Brightshade Armor/Helm, but the armor is invisible due to the above.

Bright Boxer with Brightshade Armor + Helm (Armor missing)

Spoiler

punchingbag_lunar-idle.gif.a5349860f27afe763c37f09283879063.gif

Edited by Instant-Noodles
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 6
  • Spool 1
  • Potato Cup 2

53 minutes ago, V2C said:

Hit effects to indicate attacking a Planar creature with normal weapons, and being hit by them without wearing any Planar defense armor

They're keeping it.

IMG_20230420_184318.jpg.e044a6916bae9844c6911137593d4970.jpg

Edited by Duck986
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad Dupe 2
  • GL Happy 2

I cannot test right now but… can we put armors on the punching bags ? They almost look like they could have them and I think that could be great to look up how they affect damages (if that doesn’t lower durability, heh)

Edit : lol I just saw @Instant-Noodles edit lesgooo !! :D 

Edited by ADM
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, V2C said:
  • Hit effects to indicate attacking a Planar creature with normal weapons, and being hit by them without wearing any Planar defense armor.

This is grand!
It's very easy to tell that you need a different weapon to be more effective. Though I think being hit could still be a bit more coherent.

The visual definitely helps, but I think it's the sound on the former that makes it click so well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, V2C said:
  • Added craftable Punching Bag, Bright Boxer, and Shadow Boxer, to replace the debug Dummy Targets.

Shadow Boxer is way too expensive for something that only gives you some info. I understand that we'll probably get more ways to farm pure horror in the future but for now I think it should be better to change the recipe to Nightmare Fuel. And it doesn't properly register the damage from Brightshade sword and set bonuses. Could you also make it so that weapons don't lose durablity when hitting dummies?

On another note, would you reconsider the grazer nerf? I just don't understand why you designed, animated and programmed the creature, so that only people that change their default settings would see them. I've barely seen people complain about grazers to make them worth nerfing.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, V2C said:

Fixed an issue with how Deadly Brightshades target plants and tweaked the system a little.

I think the new system is worse gameplay-wise :( but it does fix the arbitrarily-consistent selection issue so it just needs a little more

Selecting the 5 herds with the most plants means that gardens with few plants are equally as likely to be selected as large farms unless the player has 5+ and makes sure they're cleared within the 2-day timeframe between waves. If the selection was limited to the herds tied for the highest number of plants then I would be very happy with the system.

Herds are also still created for each plant planted if another herd doesn't claim it and member collection occurs on a random, hidden timer which creates more chances for split herds within one garden, especially if it's planted quickly (and there is a lot of chances for this to occur with the plantherd limit raised to 36). If the 5-second herd creation timer exceeded the 8-second max length for the merge & member collect periodic task then herds would consistently include all the plants planted within an area. I would have no complaints at that point.

Edited by Electroely
  • Like 7
  • Sanity 2

2 hours ago, V2C said:

Some ideas for these items:

1. It would be interesting that when attacking this structure, the items do not lose durability, since it only serves to do damage test.

2. The item could gain a wet condition for electrical damage tests.

3. Explosive and/or burning things might not break the structure and only show the damage, restricting it to things that break it like hammers, green staff

Edited by doug27fani
  • Like 16

2 hours ago, V2C said:

Fixed deaggro range on Lunar Grazers, and they are no longer affected by Gestalt protection from equipment.

If I understood everything correctly and they are attacking us now, in any case, whatever we were wearing, then thank you very much!

1 hour ago, maxwell_winters said:

On another note, would you reconsider the grazer nerf? I just don't understand why you designed, animated and programmed the creature, so that only people that change their default settings would see them. I've barely seen people complain about grazers to make them worth nerfing

If I understand correctly, they have made changes that no longer allow them to calm down with a crown or armor (I really hope so):

2 hours ago, V2C said:

Fixed deaggro range on Lunar Grazers, and they are no longer affected by Gestalt protection from equipment.

• Developer
10 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

If I understood everything correctly and they are attacking us now, in any case, whatever we were wearing, then thank you very much!

If I understand correctly, they have made changes that no longer allow them to calm down with a crown or armor (I really hope so):

That is correct.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, GodIess said:

Будь ласка, додайте мою ідею до гри, людям подобається покращення ботфорта, яке я зробив

так ботфорти це ж високі сапоги... чи ти про лопату?

і я рекомендую таки проганяти речення через перекладач, як це робить Creatorofswamps, бо вони можуть не взяти твою ідею навіть через іншу мову написання.

Edited by Duck986
  • Health 1

6 hours ago, V2C said:

Added craftable Punching Bag, Bright Boxer, and Shadow Boxer, to replace the debug Dummy Targets.

i have tested the punching bag and found out that due to its immortal attribute, players can use batbat to attack it for health recovery.

Therefore, players will obtain a target that will not fight back and never be damaged to recover their health with the cost of a board and a few pieces of grass, a batbat.

But what's even more interesting is that Wigfrid will not recover any health or sanity when hitting this punching bag with any other weapons beyond batbat.

Is this working as intended?:juggling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Shopcat 1

37 minutes ago, dish-order man said:

Therefore, players will obtain a target that will not fight back and never be damaged to recover their health with the cost of a board and a few pieces of grass, a batbat.

While I think it should still be changed for consistency, is there really anyone who’d want to do that?

Stockpiling batbats feel pretty elaborate for just casual everyday healing. Plus they slurp away all of your sanity. Feels like a tent would be cheaper and more effective.

• Like 7