[Game Update] - 553879

54 minutes ago, dish-order man said:

But what's even more interesting is that Wigfrid will not recover any health or sanity when hitting this punching bag with any other weapons beyond batbat.

If I recall correctly if It doesn't have any attack value, it isn't considered a proper foe for Wigfrid. Just like butterflies, hound spawners and other stuff. 

56 minutes ago, dish-order man said:

i have tested the punching bag and found out that due to its immortal attribute, players can use batbat to attack it for health recovery.

Therefore, players will obtain a target that will not fight back and never be damaged to recover their health with the cost of a board and a few pieces of grass, a batbat.

But what's even more interesting is that Wigfrid will not recover any health or sanity when hitting this punching bag with any other weapons beyond batbat.

Is this working as intended?:juggling:

Chester exists. This is an insignificant  convinience at best and bat bat will remain an extremely rarely used tool.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

While I think it should still be changed for consistency, is there really anyone who’d want to do that?

Stockpiling batbats feel pretty elaborate for just casual everyday healing. Plus they slurp away all of your sanity. Feels like a tent would be cheaper and more effective.

well, I am very happy to see this feature preserved, which will make it a very cool base decoration.

Plus, I also want Wigfrid to attack it with other weapons to restore sanity and health. I am a greedy player though:wilson_dorky:

Why is the Bright Boxer in the Magic tab? It makes more sense if there is in the lunar tab since is related to the moon and gestals. Also the lunar tab have just a few things to craft, so it would be nice if they add non-endgame lunar stuff to the lunar tab.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Duck986 said:

так ботфорти це ж високі сапоги... чи ти про лопату?

і я рекомендую таки проганяти речення через перекладач, як це робить Creatorofswamps, бо вони можуть не взяти твою ідею навіть через іншу мову написання.

Та це все авто переклад, я написав на англ, а коли додавав посилання не помітив що воно переклало

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Memetan said:

Why is the Bright Boxer in the Magic tab? It makes more sense if there is in the lunar tab since is related to the moon and gestals. Also the lunar tab have just a few things to craft, so it would be nice if they add non-endgame lunar stuff to the lunar tab.

To make it quicker to obtain, I assume.

It's weird, there's also the Moon Dial, a lunar based item in the Shadow Magic tab as well.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, V2C said:

Brightshade Bombs will now hurt yourself, but not other players (unless PvP is enabled).

View full update

nice! Didn't think this suggestion would get noticed. Thanks for considering it. I do feel it's more interesting now as it cannot be used to grief teammates, but still needs caution to use.

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

12 hours ago, V2C said:

Brightshade Bombs will now hurt yourself, but not other players (unless PvP is enabled).

now that is bad:wilson_cry:

22 minutes ago, BB Marioni said:

nice! Didn't think this suggestion would get noticed. Thanks for considering it. I do feel it's more interesting now as it cannot be used to grief teammates, but still needs caution to use.

( funny part is i didnt see your comment before posting mine KEK and now they're side by side)

well yes is an interesting change, but  at least for me that nerfed the last "useful" thing in this update other than the pick hammer
and the staff for killing fuel weaver

I suggest making 1 boxer recipe, but so that it is possible to give him pure horror or pure brilliance. How it's done with terraprism. And for example, a blow with a hammer will set default, so it will take up less space and we can change the mannequin simply by putting something else.

I don't see the point of taking "pure" after morph because it's a pretty precious resource and most will just see damage and break them to get resources back. For my option, you just need to have this stone to get the dummy you need

image.gif.a4319537efaec28493598203cd9eea71.gif

Spoiler
local function should_accept_item(inst, item, doer)
    return item.prefab == "purebrilliance" or item.prefab == "horrorfuel" or
		(item.components.equippable ~= nil
			and (item.components.equippable.equipslot == EQUIPSLOTS.HEAD
				or item.components.equippable.equipslot == EQUIPSLOTS.BODY)),
        "GENERIC"
end

local function morph_to(inst, prefab, fx)
	if inst.prefab == prefab or inst:HasTag("burnt") 
		or inst:HasTag("fire") or inst:HasTag("smolder") then
			return
	end

local morphed = SpawnPrefab(prefab or "punchingbag")
	morphed.Transform:SetPosition(inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition())
	inst.components.inventory:TransferInventory(morphed)

SpawnPrefab(fx or "collapse_small").Transform:SetPosition(inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition())

morphed.AnimState:PlayAnimation("hit")
	morphed.SoundEmitter:PlaySound("stageplay_set/mannequin/hit")
	morphed.AnimState:PushAnimation("idle", false)

inst:Remove()
end

local function on_get_item(inst, giver, item)
	if item.prefab == "horrorfuel" then
		morph_to(inst, "punchingbag_shadow", "shadow_despawn")
	elseif item.prefab == "purebrilliance" then
		morph_to(inst, "punchingbag_lunar", "halloween_moonpuff")
	else
		local equipslot = item.components.equippable.equipslot
		local current = inst.components.inventory:GetEquippedItem(equipslot)
		if current then
			inst.components.inventory:DropItem(current, true, true)
		end

inst.components.inventory:Equip(item)
	end
end

local function on_hammered(inst)
    do_hit_presentation(inst)

inst.components.inventory:DropEverything(true)
	morph_to(inst, "punchingbag")
end

Or add 1 slot
inst.components.inventory.maxslots = 1
and when the player will give an item, check what kind of item it is and if it is correct, then drop the item in slot 1

Spoiler
local function should_accept_item(inst, item, doer)
	if (item.prefab == "purebrilliance" or item.prefab == "horrorfuel")
			and not inst:HasTag("fire") and inst.components.inventory then
		local item = inst.components.inventory:GetItemInSlot(1)	--take item 
		inst.components.inventory:DropItem(item) --drop him
		return true
	else
		return item.components.equippable ~= nil
			and (item.components.equippable.equipslot == EQUIPSLOTS.HEAD
				or item.components.equippable.equipslot == EQUIPSLOTS.BODY),
        "GENERIC"
	end
end

Edited by GodIess
  • Like 19
  • Big Ups 1

7 hours ago, dish-order man said:

i have tested the punching bag and found out that due to its immortal attribute, players can use batbat to attack it for health recovery.

Therefore, players will obtain a target that will not fight back and never be damaged to recover their health with the cost of a board and a few pieces of grass, a batbat.

Egg meat and veggie works just as good as this and you don't even need to sacrifice sanity to do it.

This should definitely be fixed tho, doesn't seem like an intentional thing.

3 hours ago, edulopes said:

( funny part is i didnt see your comment before posting mine KEK and now they're side by side)

well yes is an interesting change, but  at least for me that nerfed the last "useful" thing in this update other than the pick hammer

should still be useful, just need to throw it from some distance. At least we won't accidentally kill a teammate while bombing enemies now. I didn't mind t not dealing damage to yourself, but the initial self dmg idea seemed interesting in terms of needing to be careful in using it.

- wanna add. I get why most people would want the dummies to not consume durability. Though I kinda want them as low durability weapon/amor disposal XD

Edited by BB Marioni
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, edulopes said:

I personally thought the idea that Brightshade bombs don’t harm the player would cause them to rush into a group of Brightshade Plants with reckless abandon and intentionally throw the bombs at their feet, you know like as if they were a Creeper from Minecraft.
I believe that with taking self inflicted damage that it makes the player play more cautiously & avoid attempting to do that.. so to me it seems to be a “good” change.

But that would also depend on if these things are being considered actual “bombs” or if they’re meant to be more like the lunar event Firecrackers or RE 5 Flash Grenades.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2
  • Ninja 1

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I personally thought the idea that Brightshade bombs don’t harm the player would cause them to rush into a group of Brightshade Plants with reckless abandon and intentionally throw the bombs at their feet, you know like as if they were a Creeper from Minecraft.
I believe that with taking self inflicted damage that it makes the player play more cautiously & avoid attempting to do that.. so to me it seems to be a “good” change.

But that would also depend on if these things are being considered actual “bombs” or if they’re meant to be more like the lunar event Firecrackers or RE 5 Flash Grenades.

this is how i saw it too. They just reminded me of some zombie games I played and compared some mechanics that I liked. For example, in left 4 dead, throwing a bomb will dmg both you and your teammates, and a lot of times you would die coz your teammate threw a grenade near you accidentally. While in Killing floor 2, you can still damage yourself with your own grenade, but it does not deal any damage to teammates, which I find to be a better implementation of bomb mechanics.

This one has nothing to do with DST but I also wanted to share that in L4D you can friendly fire your teammates when shooting, while in KF2, shooting a teammate will let you damage the zombie in front of your teammate, but the damage is reduced, the more players the bullet would pass through. also you wont damage your teammate. Just thought it was a really great mechanic for a coop FPS game.

Edited by BB Marioni

11 hours ago, -Variant said:

suffer.thumb.gif.1cdba123f487a1e1d47c57e1e573d6e9.gif

Well then.

Something to note is that they have unfinished art for side and back angles, and are able to be rotated in-game.

Rotating them doesn't do anything yet.
image.png

image.thumb.png.c0c08cf716f6e9df38af8b437f0d1874.png

It's just that the code is completely taken from sewn mannequins. And they didn't remove the extra code

• Like 1

19 hours ago, V2C said:

Changes

• Added craftable Punching Bag, Bright Boxer, and Shadow Boxer, to replace the debug Dummy Targets.

Does this mean that taming an Ornery Beefalo will become rather trivial? Punching dummies sound like a very, very, neat tool! The question is addressed to the crowd who is playing the beta.

12 hours ago, dish-order man said:

Batbat niche is interesting but I think the biggest application for this will be a stress reliever for weremoose in boss phases where he needs to back off for abit but still wants to stay transformed.

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Rage said:

Does this mean that taming an Ornery Beefalo will become rather trivial? Punching dummies sound like a very, very, neat tool! The question is addressed to the crowd who is playing the beta.

And when was it a problem? Previously, there were simply Lureplant or Chester

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, GodIess said:

And when was it a problem? Previously, there were simply Lureplant or Chester

It's not a problem but at this point taming said Beefalo will mostly revolve around idling in one location, although after losing too many Ornery Beefaloes lately I won't complain too much. xd True, true, it won't change a lot. The structure itself seems very nice and useful for testing purposes and experimenting with loadouts.

19 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

It's not a problem but at this point taming said Beefalo will mostly revolve around idling in one location, although after losing too many Ornery Beefaloes lately I won't complain too much. xd True, true, it won't change a lot. The structure itself seems very nice and useful for testing purposes and experimenting with loadouts.

I don’t see it as a problem TBH, your still training you Beefy companion to “fight” even if it’s against a target that won’t fight back.. I don’t feel it needs a nerf, because police dogs are trained to attack dummy targets until they’re tasked with the real deal. It still should count as Training, and you could probably set them up all around the map so it’s less Idle Training and more like Location pitstops <3

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I have some suggestions that many others (including me) have already suggested, and which I hope will make their way in the final update.

• The brightshade axe should be added, since the brishtshade pickaxe has been turned into combination of pickaxe and hammer.
  • The brightshade pitchfork should also be added, so all tools would be craftable with brightshade.
  • The brithshade shovel and hoe should be separated, I still don't think it's a good idea to combine them.
  • The brithshade shovel could be able to dig the few plants which are undiggable (reeds, cactus, light flowers, lichen, glow berries, banana trees)
  • The brithshade hoe could dig 9 farm soils at once.
  • Like 1