[Game Update] - 553504

• Developer

Changes

• Deadly Brightshades and Tunneling Vines no longer hit walls.
  • Changed Brightshade Shovel to Brightshade Shoevel (combination shovel/hoe tool).
  • Brightshade equipment set bonus changes (wearing both Armor and Helm):
    • Brightshade melee weapons gain 10% base damage and +5 planar damage
    • Brightshade Staff bounces 7 times (5 times without set bonus)
  • Loading worlds where the Celestial Champion was killed already will start the Rift cycle without having to defeat the boss another time.
  • Lunar Grazers no longer target players wearing equipment with Gestalt protection (Brightshade Armor/Helm or Enlightened Crown).
  • The area around the Rift now triggers Enlightenment.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed plants in farm plots not being a target for Deadly Brightshades.
  • Fixed a case where a Lunar Rift would not finish closing when they were off screen.
  • Brightshade Vines will no longer go across small gaps of water.
  • Bone Armor shield will deflect Planar damage as well.
  • Lunar Rift will despawn properly if saved just after releasing a final wave.
  • Added missing Beard Hair Rug recipe description.
  • Fixed bug with Brightshade Staff incorrectly triggering character buffs for Wolfgang and Wigfrid.
  • Fixed planar creatures reducing more damage than intended.
    • Deadly Brightshade health increased to account for this adjustment.
    • Note that overall, it takes less hits to kill Deadly Brightshades now.

Missed from last patch notes:

• Updated the Seaworthy Scale skin and original Scale Fish-o-Matic to have more details.

View full update

• Like 36
  • Thanks 4
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Health 1

4 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Deadly Brightshades and Tunneling Vines no longer hit walls.
  • Changed Brightshade Shovel to Brightshade Shovel (combination shovel/hoe tool).
  •  

great<3

4 minutes ago, V2C said:

Bone Armor shield will deflect Planar damage as well.

and incredible

4 minutes ago, V2C said:

Brightshade Staff bounces 7 times (5 times without set bonus)

@V2Cdoes the  Enlightened Crown count towards this bonuses?
or it will count?

Edited by edulopes
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Lunar Grazers no longer target players wearing equipment with Gestalt protection (Brightshade Armor/Helm or Enlightened Crown)

Then what's the point of them? You'd have Enlightened Crown by the time they spawn anyway. It will turn them into decor. 

• Like 19
  • Potato Cup 1

21 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • The area around the Rift now triggers Enlightenment.

OOUUGGHhhhhh, nnooooo

I was just talking about how I didn't want this to be the case. I hope the transition is gradual, Moonstorms and Lunacy already give me really bad eye strain, I'd hate if the filter was instant snapping with how small the areas around rifts are...

That or making a softer filter/toggle.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, V2C said:

Changed Brightshade Shovel to Brightshade Shovel (combination shovel/hoe tool).

great! A very cool change!

Thank you very much, i swear it would become the king of all tools this year if there are more perks.:grin:

EDIT: The durability of this tool is a bit low, so needs to improve its durability.

In addition, the pic has two more perks than it: additional work efficiency and highly durable weapons. Therefore, if it is placed at the same balance level as the pickaxe, it requires two additional perks to match its difficulty

Edited by dish-order man
  • Like 2
  • Potato Cup 1

19 minutes ago, -Variant said:

I'd hate if the filter was instant snapping with how small the areas around rifts are...

After getting to test it, it's drastically less intense than I remember it being. It's still a bit intense with storms but it's fine.

I still think it's a bit odd with how small the area is, though.
image.thumb.png.c42fe3f28badf7400f93a027e8e46cad.png

Also what's with the staff nerfs? It's super weak!

Supposedly it doesn't work with Wigfrid's buffs anymore either...

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 3
  • Potato Cup 1

Was buffing the brightshade hp back to 1,000 on purpose? I don't understand so many of these changes, this update in general. It feels antithetical with the philosophy of DST and very out of touch when it comes to the enjoyment of DST's late game. Granted, I am one person, but I just don't know what to think.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:
58 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Lunar Grazers no longer target players wearing equipment with Gestalt protection (Brightshade Armor/Helm or Enlightened Crown)

Then what's the point of them? You'd have Enlightened Crown by the time they spawn anyway. It will turn them into decor.

I agree. If you do this to Grazers, you should also make the deadly brightshade friendly to the wearers.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, V2C said:

Changed Brightshade Shovel to Brightshade Shovel (combination shovel/hoe tool).

The Brightshade Shoevel has 250 durability and can be used as a shovel and a hoe in one slot.

Can more be done for this item please? It's not really much of an upgrade from just crafting your own golden shovel + hoe.

Something to make the late-game tilling less of a chore would be greatly appreciated since constantly tilling for a very large farm area can get annoying in the long run!

• Like 21

4 minutes ago, DamnUniverse said:
  • Changed Brightshade Shovel to Brightshade Shovel (combination shovel/hoe tool).

You guys should be more courageus in the changes related to that new shovel.

Oprea.png

Until they make it so that once all these shoveled up resources will Respawn in their respective biomes, I don’t want a shovel that does that.

• Like 6
  • Big Ups 1

8 minutes ago, DamnUniverse said:

You guys should be more courageus in the changes related to that new shovel.

Taking a seriously outdated and featureless concept? That's not courage, it's a coward's compromise.

Edited by Cassielu
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Potato Cup 1

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Until they make it so that once all these shoveled up resources will Respawn in their respective biomes, I don’t want a shovel that does that.

World regrowth/desolation protection should already handle this. And if there are any that aren't covered, they'd most likely be addressed in the same update.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, V2C said:

Brightshade equipment set bonus changes (wearing both Armor and Helm):

• Brightshade melee weapons gain 10% base damage and +5 planar damage
  • Brightshade Staff bounces 7 times (5 times without set bonus)

If the extra bounces are being moved to the armor's set bonus, can it provide protection from the Moonstorm like the desert goggles and Astrogoggles? You can't really use the staff at its fullest in the Moonstorm without storm protection because of the storm limiting attack range...

1 hour ago, V2C said:

Changed Brightshade Shovel to Brightshade Shoevel (combination shovel/hoe tool).

I don't think this change does very much... golden shovels and golden garden hoes both do the job more than well enough, so if the tool doesn't provide any extra perks you might as well continue using the gold counterparts with how easily available gold nuggets are. Gardening isn't a situation where you need to be efficient with inventory/time management, either, so we don't really need a combination of these two tools like we needed the Smasher for the ruins.

I like these other changes though! Glad they don't destroy walls anymore, and a good bit of extra damage on the set bonus is good to see.

Edited by Electroely
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1

They did not include some of the stealth nerfs/buffs they made in this update:

• Wig's synergy with the enlightened crown was diminished. You can no longer permanently upkeep the crown by having the sanity song applied.
  • Brightshades HP were brought back to 1000, from 800 This was in response to the DR mechanic being adjusted, so this change was understandable. 

Why would you make these stealth changes? Why? It's one thing to mention the changes, especially controversial ones, but hiding them feels immensely deceptive. Why would you revert/nerf changes the community thought were popular in the first place???

I'm sorry, but this doesn't sit well with me at all. If you are going to do changes like these, please mention them. Otherwise, it just feels like a slap in the face when you just stumble upon them...

EDIT: The patchnotes have been updated to account for the above changes being missing in the changelog, along with an explanation in particular to the brightshade change. I do appreciate them being added to the changelogs, and I do apologize if I was being too harsh. 
Edited by Maxil20
Updated changelog
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Electroely said:

I don't think this change does very much... golden shovels and golden garden hoes both do the job more than well enough, so if the tool doesn't provide any extra perks you might as well continue using the gold counterparts with how easily available gold nuggets are. Gardening isn't a situation where you need to be efficient with inventory/time management, either, so we don't really need a combination of these two tools like we needed the Smasher for the ruins.

Agreed.

@ADM has a mod where his tool makes previously tilled soil rise. Something like that I would love in base game (or a 3x3 tiller). This gif is from him via this thread.

glassrake.gif.c2420a68569af62f737a8ec6b45b46b4.gif.de3fd2311d1c7c5972a25bba3940f2c8.gif

• Like 18
  • Big Ups 1