[Game Update] - 553504

17 hours ago, -Variant said:

OOUUGGHhhhhh, nnooooo

I was just talking about how I didn't want this to be the case. I hope the transition is gradual, Moonstorms and Lunacy already give me really bad eye strain, I'd hate if the filter was instant snapping with how small the areas around rifts are...

That or making a softer filter/toggle.

Yeah, this might be fixed by having an in-game setting to make the visuals be easier on the eyes for those who want it rather than making the feature less used.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Electroely said:

Honestly, they're just sort of... annoying? I've gotten some 700 days on my beta world with friends so far (with the Champion initially defeated around day... 180?) ...they don't do much to the rifts. you just have to keep walking around, leading them away from the ryftstals you want to mine and then rushing in to mine them. I'm pretty happy about the crown allowing players to skip them entirely - the wasted time hardly matters at the point where you'd have killed the Celestial Champion.

Fair enough! Again, I haven't played the beta in a normal world, just thought it'd be a shame if such a good design was wasted. Good point about having them on from the start, though.

• Like 6

Guys I have a bit of a silly idea.. that I want to suggest before this update leaves Beta..

I think it would really make Brightshade weapons/tools extremely useful (at least in Spring..) Brightshade gear is glowing gear obtained from mutated moon plants created by a moon deity right? So with that in mind, this particular type of Moon Plant gear should “absorb” Water, as in- the entire Brightshade collection is immune to getting the games “Wetness” filter, sure it sounds pointless..

But if I could use a Brightshade Sword or Axe while fully soaked in every other inventory slot but the ones holding Brightshade tools, I could prevent Tools slipping out my hands. Basically it’s Wurts “Strong Grip” perk but applied to Alien Weapons that absorb the water.

It wouldn’t make the weapons any more powerful damage wise then they already are, and would make them excel at being used in Spring seasons.

Just feels fitting that Moon Plant created resources should be most useful in Spring when it’s raining, cause plants like rain right? *shrugs*

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Guys I have a bit of a silly idea.. that I want to suggest before this update leaves Beta..

I think it would really make Brightshade weapons/tools extremely useful (at least in Spring..) Brightshade gear is glowing gear obtained from mutated moon plants created by a moon deity right? So with that in mind, this particular type of Moon Plant gear should “absorb” Water, as in- the entire Brightshade collection is immune to getting the games “Wetness” filter, sure it sounds pointless..

But if I could use a Brightshade Sword or Axe while fully soaked in every other inventory slot but the ones holding Brightshade tools, I could prevent Tools slipping out my hands. Basically it’s Wurts “Strong Grip” perk but applied to Alien Weapons that absorb the water.

It wouldn’t make the weapons any more powerful damage wise then they already are, and would make them excel at being used in Spring seasons.

Just feels fitting that Moon Plant created resources should be most useful in Spring when it’s raining, cause plants like rain right? *shrugs*

Gonna be real honest with you, that feels like a huge reach. I think buffs for the gear shouldn't be locked to just a season. While something like that might be interesting, this definitely isn't the vehicle for it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don't like when Klei give the feature from one character to all the others. It could kill one character.

Edited by Habakkuk
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Catteflyterpill said:

Gonna be real honest with you, that feels like a huge reach. I think buffs for the gear shouldn't be locked to just a season. While something like that might be interesting, this definitely isn't the vehicle for it.

Yeah? Well your forgetting that it rains a lot down in caves even when it’s not spring, or other players ILL-Timed rowing can cause everyone onboard to Suffer Wetness.

Every point of the game where becoming Wet could be a factor, would be like Wurts Strong Grip perk.

However Wurts would still be Superior due to Bright Weapons not sharing the full bonuses of her perk (avoiding tool loss on enemy mob screeching noises such as gooses honk)

22 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Changed Brightshade Shovel to Brightshade Shoevel (combination shovel/hoe tool).

If I liked the idea to combine the brighshade hammer and pickaxe into one tool, I'm not sure about shovel and hoe. I think it would be better to keep them separated. Also it would be great if the brightshade hoe could dig farm holes by 3x3. Also the brightshade axe and pitchfork are still missing.

Edited by Hypsellis
  • Like 2
  • Wavey 1

Keeping this brief but I could provide more detail.

I've been watching Beard 777's videos for coverage of this update and I have to say he is right about these things sorely needing a buff. Killing the Celestial Champion is a long and hard task to do, and killing the CC only to summon rifts that are punishing and not really rewarding as of now isn't very worth it.

As of now, I will not ever be switching from night armor wanda/increased durability log suit (modded) any other character, as other armors in the game are either not easy enough to obtain on mass or provide good enough benefits. The damage that brightshade armor blocks is decent, sure, but not worth the time it takes to get to it. The brightshade sword is also very very useless. That damage bonus from the armor is also barely noticeable.

I'm not asking for a lot here Klei. Don't be afraid to push your boundaries here. This is postgame, players should be able to get gear that makes them feel powerful. Here's my simple suggestion: Just make planar damage flat armor-piercing. Make the brightshade sword's damage ignore all armor that isn't 100% absorption, such as the Fuelweaver's nighthand shield. I'm tired of playing the waiting game with cave spiders.

I haven't really looked into the armor enough to make a solid opinion, but give the tools some efficiency buffs too.

Overall, the sword needs the most tweaking.

20 hours ago, GodIess said:

I got a great idea to improve the shovel. Add 1 slot, and when we make a hole, the seed will be planted automatically (like the Wormwood does, but only on the beds). This will significantly speed up the planting of vegetables. And for the shovel, you can make the excavated object automatically collect in that slot (trees, saplings, etc.), but you can't put those objects in that slot (seed only).

image.png.3084dcfb5c2eb3398d502a0dcfd908b6.pngezgif.com-optimize.thumb.gif.87b032937e50c31cc72c31ec9a1c99b8.gif

Edit: I've posted the code below to add to the game quickly

bro really said 'aight imma do it myself'. love the idea tho, great implimentation of the vine!

15 hours ago, BB Marioni said:

3 seems too OP, beats the purpose of managing resources

by the time you defeat CC, i dont think managing a n y t h i n g should be a problem

12 hours ago, GodIess said:

As said before, if it doesn't make sense then what's the point of placing it, if you really need the decor then just use c_spawn("") or install the mod. For most people, the ability to transfer these resources makes no sense

because we want to plant stuff for aesthetics, how many times must that be repeated. post CC is the time to mega base ffs, they're not saying that they need it, they're saying they WANT it, and they don't want to CHEAT for aesthetics

• Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

40 minutes ago, Loganblahtimes2 said:

Keeping this brief but I could provide more detail.

I've been watching Beard 777's videos for coverage of this update and I have to say he is right about these things sorely needing a buff. Killing the Celestial Champion is a long and hard task to do, and killing the CC only to summon rifts that are punishing and not really rewarding as of now isn't very worth it.

As of now, I will not ever be switching from night armor wanda/increased durability log suit (modded) any other character, as other armors in the game are either not easy enough to obtain on mass or provide good enough benefits. The damage that brightshade armor blocks is decent, sure, but not worth the time it takes to get to it. The brightshade sword is also very very useless. That damage bonus from the armor is also barely noticeable.

I'm not asking for a lot here Klei. Don't be afraid to push your boundaries here. This is postgame, players should be able to get gear that makes them feel powerful. Here's my simple suggestion: Just make planar damage flat armor-piercing. Make the brightshade sword's damage ignore all armor that isn't 100% absorption, such as the Fuelweaver's nighthand shield. I'm tired of playing the waiting game with cave spiders.

I haven't really looked into the armor enough to make a solid opinion, but give the tools some efficiency buffs too.

Overall, the sword needs the most tweaking

In fact, it's just more fun than you think, just kill a couple of plants yourself. As soon as you get a sword or a staff. The Usvas will have no problem destroying them. Fighting with them is much more interesting than with ordinary mobs

30 minutes ago, IAmAFurrz said:

because we want to plant stuff for aesthetics, how many times must that be repeated. post CC is the time to mega base ffs, they're not saying that they need it, they're saying they WANT it, and they don't want to CHEAT for aesthetics

we don't want to upset the balance just for the sake of "aesthetics".

There are 2 chairs. The chair of megabasists and the chair of ordinary players . Both chairs are comfortable and comfortable. But each of them considers his own chair more comfortable than the other. And the eternal dispute begins, whose chair is more comfortable

As they say in our homeland, "if you criticize, then offer a solution." If people need decarotic bulbs of plants on bases, then you can make it so that when you smear Bulbous Lightbug with Tree Jam, it mutates back into a bulb plant due to an overabundance of fertilizer

Edited by Creatorofswamps
  • Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

Give console players the ability to access console commands or release a creative mode to allow megabasers to place down any world entity.

Ive played on a klei official survival server (catcoon one) that has reached 5000+ days. And the server had a pretty base but the rest of the world was a wasteland... all reeds, cactus plants, turf all destroyed/burnt, no natural resources left.

No joke, it was exactly like shrek 6, the megabaser group base was like Rumpelstiltskin's palace and the rest of the world was like Shreks abandoned wasteland swamp. Was very sad to see the beautiful world of DST destroyed.

The megabaser group that used dirty afk scripts and autokick mods to keep the server going had the cheek to post the megabase on the forums and everyone praised it but the cold dark reality is they took over that server and kept it by force. The spawn portal was covered in skeletons cause they made a maze to trap and kill new spawns.

Please Klei dont give the new shovel the ability to uproot fixed plants like reeds, cactus and lightbulbs. Find another way via server creation or admin server commands. Lets preserve our klei official servers and prevent them becoming wastelands!

Edited by Gashzer
  • Like 2
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 3

1 hour ago, Gashzer said:

No joke, it was exactly like shrek 6, the megabaser group base was like Rumpelstiltskin's palace and the rest of the world was like Shreks abandoned wasteland swamp. Was very sad to see the beautiful world of DST destroyed.

This is the perfect comparison 

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2023 at 5:30 PM, V2C said:

Changed Brightshade Shovel to Brightshade Shoevel (combination shovel/hoe tool).

Thank goodness. When I was thinking about the endgame, the first thing that came to mind was "Damn it, hoes and shovels are too hard to make. If only we could combine the two..."

Edited by Ryusuta
Changed tone a bit.
  • Health 1

17 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

Thank goodness. When I was thinking about the endgame, the first thing that came to mind was "Damn it, hoes and shovels are too hard to make. If only we could combine the two..."

Tbh the brightshade shovel in general was not needed... but atleast it has 2 functions now... Godless' idea is probably the best suggestion so far!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1

4 hours ago, Gashzer said:

Give console players the ability to access console commands or release a creative mode to allow megabasers to place down any world entity.

Ive played on a klei official survival server (catcoon one) that has reached 5000+ days. And the server had a pretty base but the rest of the world was a wasteland... all reeds, cactus plants, turf all destroyed/burnt, no natural resources left.

The megabaser group that used dirty afk scripts and autokick mods to keep the server going had the cheek to post the megabase on the forums and everyone praised it but the cold dark reality is they took over that server and kept it by force. The spawn portal was covered in skeletons cause they made a maze to trap and kill new spawns.

Please Klei dont give the new shovel the ability to uproot fixed plants like reeds, cactus and lightbulbs. Find another way via server creation or admin server commands. Lets preserve our klei official servers and prevent them becoming wastelands!

I feel like this is a bit of a bad example. I (and most other megabasers in general) don’t condone trapping an official server just to build a base. Most of the time it’s usually on private/dedicated servers, usually with password protection so griefers and the like are nonexistent.

I know that server incident was from a few years ago. Since the incident, klei has added the ability for cactus/reeds to be from regrowth (light bulbs, for comparison, have had this since the start of DST), nerfed turf fuel values (so people are less inclined to burn it), offered spawn protection so incidents like the spawn trap portal are far less likely to occur, and made it so their servers reset every time a game update occurs. The only thing that can’t really regrow are “key” resources, such as grass/twigs/berries, which can via a world setting to enable key resources (which is automatically enabled on an endless scenario).

Also, DST itself really isn’t inclined to keep its world “pretty”. The most obvious example to me are petrified forests. They are ugly, hit both “natural” and “planted” saplings, and occur everywhere. You can go and clear out the forests every year, but it doesn’t really stop the issue that if you just ignore them almost all of the forests in the world will become filled with rock trees that just don’t look nice. It’s one of the few world settings I had to disable on my world because I couldn’t stand having the forests constantly petrify and having to clear them out to maintain the appearance, especially since lumpy evergreens are not excluded for some reason. 

Overall, I can understand your concern for the shovel, but I don’t really see how it would negatively impact things. Worst case, the resources that were “stolen” will regrow progressively over the next year(s). Being post champ means very few public servers, especially official ones, will get it unless said people are taking over the server, which I feel if occurring has many more issues that stem from that then just a shovel that moves key resources.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ryusuta said:

i think hoe and shovel combination is not a good match,hoe and hammer combination is better,Shovel combined with axe.In the end,These will be replaced by cheap gold tools.

I didn't manage to make it the way I originally planned, but I think the developers have more skills than I do. The point is to automatically collect the loot that falls during digging. But ignore what lies around

Spoiler

image.gif.e75a840322fcf0b871f72a7b5593cc74.gif

I finish! Now it looks exactly like I wanted. Also, I think it would be a great idea to add such a mechanic for the pickaxe and hammer, which will collect the received resources at the end of the action

image.thumb.gif.267e19d82ce90248ad7b29297b78dd01.gif

Edited by GodIess
  • Like 12
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

40 minutes ago, GodIess said:

I didn't manage to make it the way I originally planned, but I think the developers have more skills than I do. The point is to automatically collect the loot that falls during digging. But ignore what lies around

Very nice! I like it ❤️

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, GodIess said:

You just did it a lot better. Nice idea!  Here we have a lot of good ideas. Klei! Look!

• Like 2

I am not sure why Klei thinks the Shoevel is a good upgrade.

It only takes a few second to craft a new shovel/hoe, and gold is like one of the easiest items to amass in this game.

It really needs an unique perk that helps farming faster, not just giving it more durability and call it a day.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Creatorofswamps said:

then you can make it so that when you smear Bulbous Lightbug with Tree Jam, it mutates back into a bulb plant due to an overabundance of fertilizer

Okay then so instead of leaving it to a shovel that requires killing Celestial Champion to acquire, you make it so you can do it as soon as you find a Waterlogged and a Lunar Grotto. This will totally fix the "imbalance".

• Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

1 hour ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Okay then so instead of leaving it to a shovel that requires killing Celestial Champion to acquire, you make it so you can do it as soon as you find a Waterlogged and a Lunar Grotto. This will totally fix the "imbalance".

It's just a random idea of an alternative. You can get a shovel for 10 days. But for example, on the 30th day you will not be able to find figs or a pirate captain.