[Game Update] - 553504

7 hours ago, -Variant said:

OOUUGGHhhhhh, nnooooo

I was just talking about how I didn't want this to be the case. I hope the transition is gradual, Moonstorms and Lunacy already give me really bad eye strain, I'd hate if the filter was instant snapping with how small the areas around rifts are...

That or making a softer filter/toggle.

Rifts having enlightenment fits the theme but I can understand that filters can get tiresome. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have filters added to options so we can decide which ones we want to have on.

7 hours ago, DamnUniverse said:
  • Changed Brightshade Shovel to Brightshade Shovel (combination shovel/hoe tool).

You guys should be more courageus in the changes related to that new shovel.

Oprea.png

6 hours ago, lakhnish said:

Agreed.

@ADM has a mod where his tool makes previously tilled soil rise. Something like that I would love in base game (or a 3x3 tiller). This gif is from him via this thread.

glassrake.gif.c2420a68569af62f737a8ec6b45b46b4.gif.de3fd2311d1c7c5972a25bba3940f2c8.gif

I really love these ideas, having access to better tools and being able to move resources that you couldn't before. This could potentially make it worth killing CC even if you don't want to use crown and would offset the negatives of the rifts being annoying to deal with by giving everyone access to useful tools.

This is what lategame should be all about, giving players better rewards then punishments, if there isn't something done like the @DamnUniverse or @lakhnishthere will probably be arguments happening on servers whether CC should ever be killed as players may find rifts a nuisance and not worth dealing with and more of a punishment.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 2

I got a great idea to improve the shovel. Add 1 slot, and when we make a hole, the seed will be planted automatically (like the Wormwood does, but only on the beds). This will significantly speed up the planting of vegetables. And for the shovel, you can make the excavated object automatically collect in that slot (trees, saplings, etc.), but you can't put those objects in that slot (seed only).

image.thumb.gif.267e19d82ce90248ad7b29297b78dd01.gifezgif.com-optimize.thumb.gif.87b032937e50c31cc72c31ec9a1c99b8.gif

Edit: I've posted the code below to add to the game quickly

image.png

Edited by GodIess
  • Like 41
  • Sanity 2

7 hours ago, DamnUniverse said:
  • Changed Brightshade Shovel to Brightshade Shovel (combination shovel/hoe tool).

Oprea.png

It is a late game item, it should has late game possibiliteis. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Habakkuk said:

It is a late game item, it should has late game possibiliteis. 

it's a late game item. But in the late game there is no need for these things. Conclusion What is the point of digging them up? If they interfere, you can simply burn them

• Health 1

2 minutes ago, GodIess said:

it's a late game item. But in the late game there is no need for these things. Conclusion What is the point of digging them up? If they interfere, you can simply burn them

Mega base decoration is one

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GodIess said:

There is a benefit to moving light bulbs and possibly transplanted reeds wouldn't require fertilization so that would make them better then monkey tails.

More importantly decoration that a lot of people focus on in the late game.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, GodIess said:

I got a great idea how to improve shoevel. Add 1 slot, and when we make a hole, the seeds will be planted automatically (as wormwood does, but only on the beds). This will greatly speed up the planting of vegetables. And for the shovel, you can make the dug object automatically collect in this slot (tree, saplings, etc.), but you cannot put these objects in this slot (only seeds).

This is an extremely wonderful idea

19 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

There is a benefit to moving light bulbs and possibly transplanted reeds wouldn't require fertilization so that would make them better then monkey tails.

Then why do we need monkey tails if we can dig up reeds?

• Like 2
  • Shopcat 1

Brightshade Shoevel

Spoiler

shovel_lunarplant.gif.b60083080c968b987299287460a3e3d9.gif

Wilson with Brightshade Armor, Brightshade Helm, and Brightshade Shoevel

Spoiler

till_down.gif.4c1fcdbc0e1ee5b0cfb82329a45b1c57.gif

EDIT: And the Fish Scale-o-matic changes from the last patch (v553139)...

10 hours ago, V2C said:

Missed from last patch notes:

• Updated the Seaworthy Scale skin and original Scale Fish-o-Matic to have more details.

Fish Scale-o-matic (Original vs Updated)

Spoiler

uc?id=1Wegw6EuAdEdUud6QLYVLFNRhx-hvnCw4 uc?id=1LFbYdc7H4PPjouZfaAPUoUXAmM9XiHPz

Seaworthy Scale (Original vs Updated)

Spoiler

uc?id=1IEzcVTmpBWlGRPah1z8zCHLfaKtimbpvuc?id=1MDH09-jNsnaSc36DkOIzdNuTwWfoKv06

Edited by Instant-Noodles
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, Habakkuk said:
8 hours ago, DamnUniverse said:

Oprea.png

Expand  

It is a late game item, it should has late game possibiliteis

It is a tool for both late and early game play. It needs to be done and not too strong, but also not too weak, automatic seed planting sounds like an ideal balance.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

It is a tool for both late and early game play. It needs to be done and not too strong, but also not too weak, automatic seed planting sounds like an ideal balance.

There's nothing early game about an item that is only available once you've beaten one (and most likely both) of the game's "final" bosses.

An optional setting has no business impacting the balance of the vanilla experience. You might as well go around increasing the damage of everything to accomodate the optional "reduce damage taken" setting.

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

There's nothing early game about an item that is only available once you've beaten one (and most likely both) of the game's "final" bosses.

An optional setting has no business impacting the balance of the vanilla experience. You might as well go around increasing the damage of everything to accomodate the optional "reduce damage taken" setting.

These are different things. I don't like to argue and even more so to swear with someone, I wouldn't have started this topic if the adhesives hadn't made it so that it could be used in an early game. But they did it, and people will use it, because I have a bunch of People I know who didn't even kill the crab king, but at the same time are playing with new content that is available to them

Just like new werepig fight, i didnt even attempt because there is nothing I will benefit from by doing it, this new content is exactly the same. Even basic sketch of new boss would make to kill it at least once. For now, I just pass it. 

This new content, there is literally nothing new or interesting, all weapons, tools, are just basic alternatives/combinations. None of these will help me kill certain bosses faster, make killing dragonfly or been queen that have thousands of HP to this day faster. 

8 hours ago, DamnUniverse said:

Oprea.png

This is a reason I would certainly attempt doing this new content for sure. Its new options, alternatives worth of new late game content. Im dissapointed we dont get at least basic answers from Klei why they dont consider some of these ideas. 

43 minutes ago, Dextops said:

There’s literally nothing unbalanced about it idk why you are so strung up about it

Eh. Maybe I look strange defending my position? But I sincerely believe that auto-planting seeds when plowing (or plowing 2×2(3×3)) in the long run is much More correct than digging up things that we can't dig up

1 hour ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Then why do we need monkey tails if we can dig up reeds?

Why do you need football helmet if you have thulecite crown? Obviously progression

Moon quay is hard to find (which shouldn't be the case) but depending on your luck you can have monkey tails in the first few days, if you need to kill CC to be able to dig reeds, that's obviously harder to do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GodIess said:

I got a great idea how to improve shoevel. Add 1 slot, and when we make a hole, the seeds will be planted automatically (as wormwood does, but only on the beds). This will greatly speed up the planting of vegetables. And for the shovel, you can make the dug object automatically collect in this slot (tree, saplings, etc.), but you cannot put these objects in this slot (only seeds).

image.png.3084dcfb5c2eb3398d502a0dcfd908b6.png

You need to creat topic with this idea. It is great!

40 минут назад, 00petar00 сказал:

Зачем тебе футбольный шлем, если у тебя тулецитовая корона? Очевидно прогресс

Набережную Луны трудно найти (чего быть не должно), но, если повезет, в первые несколько дней у вас могут быть обезьяньи хвосты, если вам нужно убить CC, чтобы иметь возможность копать камыши, это, очевидно, сложнее сделать.

Вы можете получить яркую лопату до того, как убьете лунного чемпиона, а значит, до обезьяньего хвоста. Я устал от того, что лопата после чемпиона - это "истина в последней инстанции" Я понимаю, если бы она упала с лунного чемпиона, но это можно сделать и до, и после. Даже если не брать все это во внимание, не зря клей не добавил возможность выкапывать эти растения. Это значит, что так и должно быть. Они бы не изобрели хвосты обезьян

-----------------------------------------------------------

On the frums, someone was talking about a shovel axe. Would that suit everyone?

Edited by Creatorofswamps

10 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

These are different things. I don't like to argue and even more so to swear with someone, I wouldn't have started this topic if the adhesives hadn't made it so that it could be used in an early game. But they did it, and people will use it, because I have a bunch of People I know who didn't even kill the crab king, but at the same time are playing with new content that is available to them

This is a discussion forum. If you don't want your ideas discussed, you shouldn't post them here. And if you don't want your ideas critiqued, then you should definitely not post them here. Especially if having your ideas critiqued makes you want to swear at people. Seriously, the forum has a swearing filter, so you'd just be vomitting asterisks at people, and that's no fun.

That aside, the game is filled to the brim with optional settings that make the game easier and yet the game has never been balanced around them. I don't see how this particular optional setting is any different. And your choice to just assert you are right without providing any elaboration, then conveniently remember you don't like arguing certainly hasn't made the supposed difference any clearer to me.

Also, "adhesives"?

• Like 2
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 1

1 minute ago, Creatorofswamps said:

A wonderful implementation, it's nice that you bothered to add the animation of the vine. If this was added by klei, it would be more than perfect!

the only thing that upsets me a little is that the vine appears not next to it, which spoils the animation a little, but I no longer have the strength to think how to move it

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

You can get a bright shovel before you kill the moon champion, which means before the monkey tails. I'm tired of the fact that the shovel after the champion is the "ultimate truth" I understand if it fell from the lunar champion, but it can be done either before or after. Even if you do not take all this into account, it is not for nothing that klei did not add the ability to dig up these plants. This means that this is how it should be. They wouldn't have invented monkey tails

You can spawn every item in the game with console, the same way you can use console command or world settings to trigger the event, just because players can "cheat" the game and have something at the start, it shouldn't be strong? In a normal playthrough you won't have this until after CC so your argument here doesn't make sense. 

What is the point of you discussing in the beta forums if you don't believe that klei will make any changes based on community input? Assuming that klei didn't do something because they want it to stay as it is, there wouldn't be a point in having betas.

Changes happen based on our feedback quite often, without us discussing dreadstone armor and talking about it receiving ability to regenerate because it was lackluster, it wouldn't have happened. Nightmare Werepig was moved from overworld to caves, same with how in the current beta brightshades are easier to kill now.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 2
  • Big Ups 2

6 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

This is a discussion forum. If you don't want your ideas discussed, you shouldn't post them here. And if you don't want your ideas critiqued, then you should definitely not post them here. Especially if having your ideas critiqued makes you want to swear at people. Seriously, the forum has a swearing filter, so you'd just be vomitting asterisks at people, and that's no fun.

That aside, the game is filled to the brim with optional settings that make the game easier and yet the game has never been balanced around them. I don't see how this particular optional setting is any different. And your choice to just assert you are right without providing any elaboration, then conveniently remember you don't like arguing certainly hasn't made the supposed difference any clearer to me.

Also, "adhesives"?

How difficult it is to use a translator, it would be easier to speak the same language. I show my position, I try to show that everything is not so one-sided, that it is not worth it, I try to show that for a multi-instrument you can come up with more interesting things than digging up reeds of light bulbs and cactus, why do you see aggression in this and so on?

8 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:
21 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

You can get a bright shovel before you kill the moon champion, which means before the monkey tails. I'm tired of the fact that the shovel after the champion is the "ultimate truth" I understand if it fell from the lunar champion, but it can be done either before or after. Even if you do not take all this into account, it is not for nothing that klei did not add the ability to dig up these plants. This means that this is how it should be. They wouldn't have invented monkey tails

Expand  

You can spawn every item in the game with console, the same way you can use console command or world settings to trigger the event, just because players can "cheat" the game and have something at the start, it shouldn't be strong? In a normal playthrough you won't have this until after CC so your argument here doesn't make sense. 

What is the point of you discussing in the beta forums if you don't believe that klei will make any changes based on community input? Assuming that klei didn't do something because they want it to stay as it is, there wouldn't be a point in having betas.

Changes happen based on our feedback quite often, without us discussing dreadstone armor and talking about it receiving ability to regenerate because it was lackluster, it wouldn't have happened. Nightmare Werepig was moved from overworld to caves, same with how in the current beta brightshades are easier to kill now.

I'm not saying forums with the beta version doesn't make sense. But look obopoten appeared recently it's a novelty and the same reeds have been around for a long time

10 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Also, "adhesives"?

If I seemed aggressive to you and so on, then please forgive me, I tried to be as polite as the translator allows