[Game Update] - 553504

loved the changes, also, wickerbottom seems to be affect by grogginess a little bit more if she stay in the middle of the creatures that come from the portal, is that intentional? I didnt do enough tests, does grogginess stack forever? so wicker could be grogg for like an entire season? lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dois raios said:

loved the changes, also, wickerbottom seems to be affect by grogginess a little bit more if she stay in the middle of the creatures that come from the portal, is that intentional? I didnt do enough tests, does grogginess stack forever? so wicker could be grogg for like an entire season? lol

If you're around them long enough, yes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

Then what's the point of them? You'd have Enlightened Crown by the time they spawn anyway. It will turn them into decor. 

You know the game is a multi-player game, right?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Until they make it so that once all these shoveled up resources will Respawn in their respective biomes, I don’t want a shovel that does that.

They do not need to create a way to realocate the original entity related to the Cactus Plant. Klei could develop a new sapling just as the Monkeytails or Banana Bush are a branch from their original sources, but this time as a "Cactus Bush" with the need of fertilization but with a diferent growing stage. In order of the "Cactus Bush" to grow you must start and end the rain in the autumn/summer. 
The only way to get more of this new "Cactus Bush" is to use the Brightshade Shovel in a Cactus with flowers and after the animation the original Cactus Plant whould appers as picked without been remove or transplanted from the original biome.

Edited by DamnUniverse
sorces to "sources"
  • Like 2

Please do not trow away my ideia of create a branch for Cactus Plant into a Cactus Bush.

You guys have the oportunity in hands to bring something crucial of that new Brightshade Shovel.

In my own concept the only tool that you must use to interact with that new teorical Cactus Bush it whould be the Brightshade Shovel since the bush is too fragile to be handed with the golden or flint tools.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DamnUniverse said:

Please do not trow away my ideia of create a branch for Cactus Plant into a Cactus Bush.

You guys have the oportunity in hands to bring something crucial of that new Brightshade Shovel.

In my own concept the only tool that you must use to interact with that new teorical Cactus Bush it whould be the Brightshade Shovel since the bush is too fragile to be handed with the golden or flint tools.

I don't think digging up things like cacti, light bulbs is a good idea.(This is bad) Plants, they make these places more alive. take them away and you will lose the point of going to these places, and if you visit them, you will see a wasteland. The situation with the monkey cane has almost eclipsed the ordinary cane, but the ordinary cane is still left in the swamp, and with the idea of digging it out there, it will be a sad sight

• Big Ups 5

22 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

I don't think digging up things like cacti, light bulbs is a good idea.(This is bad) Plants, they make these places more alive. take them away and you will lose the point of going to these places, and if you visit them, you will see a wasteland. The situation with the monkey cane has almost eclipsed the ordinary cane, but the ordinary cane is still left in the swamp, and with the idea of digging it out there, it will be a sad sight

I didn't want to dig light bulbs this is pointless to me. Nor either destroy the original entity of the Cactus Plant that is associated now with the regroth. What i'm suggest is to branch the original Cactus Plant into a new bush item with decoration and farm potential, this is not something "broken" or out ou context since there is already in the game branchs for other type of resources just like the banana and reed have but with the need of fertilization and other variants for that teorical Cactus Bush be able to grow. I don't get how do you appoint the "wasteland topic" since what i'm suggesting is to them add new stuff into the game that is "worst" within the context of farming. Since the best source of the cactus item will countinues to be the original Cactus Plant itself.

Edited by DamnUniverse

21 minutes ago, DamnUniverse said:

I didn't want to dig light bulbs this is pointless to me. Nor either destroy the original entity of the Cactus Plant that is associated now with the regroth. What i'm suggest is to branch the original Cactus Plant into a new bush item with decoration and farm potential, this is not something "broken" or out ou context since there is already in the game branchs for other type of resources just like the banana and reed have but with the need of fertilization and other variants for that teorical Cactus Bush be able to grow. I don't get how do you appoint the "wasteland topic" since what i'm suggesting is to them add new stuff into the game that is "worst" within the context of farming. Since the best source of the cactus item it will bethe original Cactus Plant itself.

I am not a native English speaker. Perhaps because of this, I did not understand you, if you propose to add a completely new cactus (something  an analogue like a monkey reed), then it is quite a good idea, especially if you can dig them out only with a bright shovel. If you suggest, like some, just digging up the katuses, it's a terrible idea

6 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

Then what's the point of them? You'd have Enlightened Crown by the time they spawn anyway. It will turn them into decor. 

This is so other player can be more sad about not getting the champion's drop

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

Ey real quick, is Planar damage still unaffected by a character's modifiers?

This is intentional for some reason.

The difference only really matters with Wolfgang against enemies with more than 300hp but still this endgame item just being worse for no reason against normal enemies feels wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1

57 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

I am not a native English speaker. Perhaps because of this, I did not understand you, if you propose to add a completely new cactus (something  an analogue like a monkey reed), then it is quite a good idea, especially if you can dig them out only with a bright shovel. If you suggest, like some, just digging up the katuses, it's a terrible idea

Yes what i'm suggesting is to Klei develop a new Cactus Bush as a branch of the Cactus Plant that could only be available by digging the original Cactus Plant with flowers during summer without destroying or moving the spawner of that Cactus that is associated with regrowth because is a entity. This new teorical Cactus Bush could only be handed with the Brightshade Shovel and it shall need fertilization and conditional properties for that plant be able to grow been the autumn/summer season and also rain be started and ended. 

Edited by DamnUniverse
sorry but i'm also not a native english speaker.
  • Health 1

1 hour ago, Creatorofswamps said:

If you don't want these plants dug up, then just don't dig them up. Other players choosing to dig up their world's cacti/light flowers/reeds does not affect you in the slightest. And you're not gonna come across this issue in public servers, cause this feature would only be available in very late game worlds.

As an aside, the suggestion to let the new shovel dig up cacti, reeds and light flowers is mostly for base building purposes. By the time you get the shovel, you'd have very little practical use for those plants: you reed needs would be met by monkeytails, light bulbs would be farmable much more efficiently via the reanimated skeleton, and you'd have access to much better sanity dishes that mere cactus flesh.

• Like 9
  • GL Happy 1

Now make it a Shovel/Hoe/Axe

I really don't get why Shovel/Hoe specifically you'd never have a reason to run around with a hoe. Axe + Shovel are almost always used together tho.

But if we could get something unique and strong for the Shovel or Hoe that'd be even better.

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

26 minutes ago, WolfoIsBestWolf said:

Now make it a Shovel/Hoe/Axe

I really don't get why Shovel/Hoe specifically you'd never have a reason to run around with a hoe. Axe + Shovel are almost always used together tho.

But if we could get something unique and strong for the Shovel or Hoe that'd be even better.

I fully support this idea, re name it the Multi-Purpose Gardening Tool.

Let it take care of Almost all gardening needs. Shoveling, Tilling, Heck I’d even go so far as to let it have Pitchfork perks.

The goal? Dig up Turf, Plant Garden Digamajig, Till Garden, Shovel out Plant Debris, if they want to let the new shovel thing “Absorb” Water.. by sticking it into a pond to replace the Watering can too that would make it the Ultimate End-Game Gardening Tool..

But.. I doubt Klei’s gonna give u a multipurpose gardeners tool

• Wavey 1

36 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

cause this feature would only be available in very late game worlds.

I would agree with you, but alas, potals are just as easy to switch as the game's holiday events, it's unfair to say it's a late-game tool when you can get it by the 10th day

40 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

As an aside, the suggestion to let the new shovel dig up cacti, reeds and light flowers is mostly for base building purposes. By the time you get the shovel, you'd have very little practical use for those plants: you reed needs would be met by monkeytails, light bulbs would be farmable much more efficiently via the reanimated skeleton, and you'd have access to much better sanity dishes that mere 

According to DamnUniverses, it would be better to add slightly worse analogues than to affect existing installations, I agree this would be a compromise. + the argument that if you don't want to, then just don't do it is not very good

• Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

I love you Klei to the core, I really do - same way as I once fell in love with this game, when my boyfriend showed it to me.

This is underwhelming to be fair. Do we really need shovel & hoe as one item? This is very late game tools and items that need to make my life easier at this point and not be given alternative. 

Here are some of my ideas

• As a player, I want to be able to replant reeds with new shovel. 
  • As a player, when holding new shovel, I want to be able to plant seeds without need to dig a hole. 
  • As a player, i want watering can that will fully water a garden tile faster. 

Maybe these ideas are underwhelming too, I am not game creator, but at least give those tools some special abilities rather than just basic combination of 2 tools. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

I would agree with you, but alas, potals are just as easy to switch as the game's holiday events, it's unfair to say it's a late-game tool when you can get it by the 10th day

You need to be a server admin to change world settings, so this would not be an issue in public servers. As for non-public servers, well, people can do whatever they want in them, so that's none of anyone else's business.

7 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

According to DamnUniverses, it would be better to add slightly worse analogues than to affect existing installations, I agree this would be a compromise.

The plants are already worse analogues to existing late gate methods for getting reeds/light bulbs/sanity. They're hardly in need of a nerf. Plus, like I said, people want to dig these plants up so they can use them for decor and giving us different plants won't change that.

9 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

the argument that if you don't want to, then just don't do it is not very good

It's a pretty good argument when we are effectively talking about aesthetics, rather than mechanical balance. And no one's gonna accidentally dig up a cactus, let alone every cactus, so this fear that entire biomes will be stripped bare is unfounded. 

Plus, literally all of those plants regrow over time, so even if you dug them all up, new ones would spawn in their place.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Plants, they make these places more alive. take them away and you will lose the point of going to these places, and if you visit them, you will see a wasteland.

This would be a good thing for late game players as it rewards them for making it that far into the game, and makes it a slightly more worthwhile tool.

The world can regrow these missing plants and the argument that it'll make the areas barren and pointless to visit doesn't hold up well when you consider that you can relocate or burn the other resources as well.

It's not entirely fair to balance around non-default world options, people should be allowed to edit their worlds on a whim and are allowed to do what they want in their own private servers! Although in default worlds the events happen after defeating CC, which is post game. I think it's more than fair enough to allow players to finally be able to relocate those last few resources.

• Like 6