[Game Update] - 553504

2 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

So? That's not a reason to turn grazers into a non-entity no one is gonna see. That's a nerf no one asked for.

I mean, if your other players do not have the Enlightened Crown, they can be still attacked by the Grazers.

• Like 2

Just now, KXWl1 said:

I mean, if your other players do not have the Enlightened Crown, they can be still attacked by the Grazers.

They will just send a player with the Enlightened Crown to mine Pure Brilliance. And after that everyone can have Brightshade gear to deal with rifts. No one will even see Grazers. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, KXWl1 said:

I thought the same thing at first, but then I realized that the player with the crown would just get everything himself and his friends wouldn't even have to climb there.

2 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

They will just send a player with the Enlightened Crown to mine Pure Brilliance. And after that everyone can have Brightshade gear to deal with rifts. No one will even see Grazers. 

Yes

3 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

It is worth setting this privilege only for armor, it will be a reward for the work of collecting armor

• Like 2

Does the Brightshade Shoevel work on giant crop? 
 I love the idea mentioned earlier to have automatic seed.

And I hate the idea to use this shovel to move unmovable object (reed, light bulb… soon they will want to move bee queen hive)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

28 minutes ago, BB Marioni said:

interesting updates. Still not sure if anyone would want to use the shovel/hoe though. Everything else seems just fine, though I would've preferred the previous version of the staff.

4 good ideas were proposed (obviously, how to look at it, but not the essence)

1. to plant seeds when plowing.(for gardeners and those who have little time)

2. plow 3×3 or 2×2 (for lovers of huge vegetable gardens and fast plowing)

3. dig what doesn't dig ب_ب(for fans of mego bases)

4. make a shovel hoe. Shovel axe (for ordinary survivalists)

Edited by Creatorofswamps
  • Like 6

I haven’t gotten to play the beta much outside of messing around with the console, so keep that in mind reading whatever I post regarding it but nerfing Grazers seems like an odd choice. At first I agreed that since only one player gets the crown it’s fine, but you can just send in that one player to get Pure Brilliance and then Grazers mean nothing at all. People seemed fine with Grazers, and from messing around with spawning rifts I liked them, both mechanically and visually. Their design’s great, I’d hate to see them be practically nonexistent. Making the armor pacify them instead seems better imo

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

Making the armor pacify them instead seems better imo

I don't think we need even armor to pacify them. It opens a can of worms with questions like "Why doesn't it pacify Deadly Brightshades/Horror Hounds/Moonrock Pengulls or whatever new lunar mobs they're gonna introduce next." It would be way more better multiplayer-wise if one player could distract the Grazers while the other one mines. Besides, Grazers really made Wickerbottom insomnia shine.

They just completely removed a little fun mechanic.

Edited by maxwell_winters
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Creatorofswamps said:

I like number 1.

2 I feel like will mean people who just enjoy chilling and gardening will not like the idea.

3 seems too OP, beats the purpose of managing resources

4 seems just the same as the current version XD

• Health 3

7 hours ago, WolfoIsBestWolf said:

This is intentional for some reason.

The difference only really matters with Wolfgang against enemies with more than 300hp but still this endgame item just being worse for no reason against normal enemies feels wrong. 

I am going to cause problems on purpose. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Creatorofswamps said:

I like the 1, 2 and 3. All could be add.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

I don't think we need even armor to pacify them. It opens a can of worms with questions like "Why doesn't it pacify Deadly Brightshades/Horror Hounds/Moonrock Pengulls or whatever new lunar mobs they're gonna introduce next." It would be way more better multiplayer-wise if one player could distract the Grazers while the other one mines. Besides, Grazers really made Wickerbottom insomnia shine.

They just completely removed a little fun mechanic.

If anything the crown should make them AGGRESSIVE to the wearer, as they should be seen as the largest threat amongst nearby players with CC's crown that you obtain after killing the entity which that occuring caused rifts to appear in the first place as a sort of invasion I assume.

This would make so one player could take all the aggro easier to make it less dangerous to obtain Pure Brilliance around the rift.

• Sanity 2

3 hours ago, Paxtonnnn said:

I haven’t gotten to play the beta much outside of messing around with the console, so keep that in mind reading whatever I post regarding it but nerfing Grazers seems like an odd choice. At first I agreed that since only one player gets the crown it’s fine, but you can just send in that one player to get Pure Brilliance and then Grazers mean nothing at all. People seemed fine with Grazers, and from messing around with spawning rifts I liked them, both mechanically and visually. Their design’s great, I’d hate to see them be practically nonexistent. Making the armor pacify them instead seems better imo

Honestly, they're just sort of... annoying? I've gotten some 700 days on my beta world with friends so far (with the Champion initially defeated around day... 180?) ...they don't do much to the rifts. you just have to keep walking around, leading them away from the ryftstals you want to mine and then rushing in to mine them. I'm pretty happy about the crown allowing players to skip them entirely - the wasted time hardly matters at the point where you'd have killed the Celestial Champion.

For worlds where the rifts are set to spawn from the beginning (which is honestly looking more and more like a fun & rewarding challenge option with every patch) the Grazers will still waste your time if you want to get the brilliance early and since that time is much more valuable (as that's when the player is building up their resource farms, food farms, etc) I think it becomes more of an opportunity cost than extra tedium.

• Like 3
  • Sanity 1

3 hours ago, BB Marioni said:

2 I feel like will mean people who just enjoy chilling and gardening will not like the idea.

This makes no sense.

3 hours ago, BB Marioni said:

3 seems too OP, beats the purpose of managing resources

Please explain how moving resource sources that are virtually useless after defeating Celestial Champion is in any way OP. By then you have monkeytails, better light bulb sources, and no reason to use cactus flesh at all.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

This makes no sense.

Please explain how moving resource sources that are virtually useless after defeating Celestial Champion is in any way OP. By then you have monkeytails, better light bulb sources, and no reason to use cactus flesh at all.

As said before, if it doesn't make sense then what's the point of placing it, if you really need the decor then just use c_spawn("") or install the mod. For most people, the ability to transfer these resources makes no sense

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

1 minute ago, GodIess said:

As said before, if it doesn't make sense then what's the point of placing it, if you really need the decor then just use c_spawn("") or install the mod. For most people, the ability to transfer these resources makes no sense

Not making sense was referring to BB saying that people would be mad if the Brightshade Shoevel could till 3x3 or 2x2 areas. You forget that not every platform has console commands or mods either.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GodIess said:

Or make it an official mechanic so people don’t have to cheat to have a pretty base and console players aren’t left in the fort again 

• Like 10