Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2023

12 minutes ago, JoeW said:

The introduction of late-game world challenges will change The Constant in ways that players will need to adapt to, either by working with or against them. This will also provide Survivors with the opportunity to discover new resources and items that will be vital for their survival as they progress throughout all areas of the game. 

Some of this has been introduced as part of the Wilson Refresh, and we will continue to build upon them throughout the year.

This bit is interesting. Perhaps we'll be getting Wilson's currently unused (scrapped?) "Lunar Favor" skill in the future?  The skill tree icon for it is already in the game, but no accompanying skill.

"Lunar Favor" Icon - Unused

wilson_favor_lunar.png.4128ddcfa0ea13ba1f2b067f695f33e1.png

"Shadow Favor" Icon - Used for the Shadow Courtier skill

wilson_favor_shadow.png.a2a97b824d77d30336d4dce95bc25d0e.png

• Like 17
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 4
  • GL Happy 1

28 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Some of you may have noticed that some elements of the Wilson Refresh are a part of this effort as well. Wilson now acts as a sort of guide through the progression of the game, without directly telling the player what to do, his new skill tree can guide a player toward long term goals as they explore the world.

How come better torch and warmer beard guide new players let alone add that "sparkle" for players who enjoy playing Wilson? 

Alchemy skill tree is alright, but thats about it.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Uh, how does Wilson's skill tree guide players exactly? It just dropped fuelweaver name. Not a lot of insight if you'll ask me. 

Well it at least tells players about all the gem colors. Still think that the beard and torch trees should have been compressed so that theres more place to give hints to players.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Thieverpedia said:

"A secret bite-sized crossover"

Is this the Grounded crossover I've been dreaming of happening?

I’m personally hoping it’s a Crossover with BugSnax.. I have almost 100% completed everything there is to do in BugSnax & while the gameplay itself revolves around a Pokémon Snap style take pictures of Creatures & Catch Em theme, The “Creatures” in Question are well Bugs.. that are Also Snacks..

Theres ALREADY one in Bugsnax that resembles what’s in DST- and that’s Rootle, which is well.. a moving Carrot..

If any game on this planet needs a Bite-Sized Crossover with DST- It’s BugSnax.

Crapple would be a cute appropriate Canidate, but if Klei wants to throw in something like one of the four bosses MamaMewon, or Megamaki are the two that seem most fitting- I’d love that too.

(though.. realistically the cross-over probably isn’t with Bugsnax..) 

Anyways, Cool Roadmap! I was expecting it to release same day as Wilson Rework, but earlier is neat too, Thanks Mr JoeW!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, slendyproject said:

Well it at least tells players about all the gem colors. Still think that the beard and torch trees should have been compressed so that theres more place to give hints to players.

Finally! We can learn colors in dst! My 2 year old niece is gonna love this. 

• Haha 9

The art in this post is genuinely amazing, please tell whoever made it that they did a great job. I couldn’t have asked for a better roadmap, making the game more beginner-friendly while also adding more late game content is great, and you guys seem to have put a lot of thought and time into this content, and I greatly appreciate that (and the amount of dev transparency with this post). Klei really genuinely is just one of the best game developers there is imo, thank you guys for everything

Edited by goblinball
  • Like 3
  • Health 4

I'm just super hyped for Wilson's rework and animated short, and whatever you're cooking for upcoming months. Man, I'm really curious about the 10 year anniversary event, I'm just happy that I've seen this studio grow since I started playing DS my art school years. So proud of you all!!!!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Hahah, now thats a good one, Joe!

Wendy goes brrrrrr. 

Honestly this does have me a bit worried if the devs think the game is already "hard". My guess is because the game is 1 "death and it's game over", and they are completely basing it on that. On the surface that makes the game look unforgivable but then you learn you can make it almost impossible to die.

Unlike darkest dungeon on the hardest difficulty which is leaps and bounds harder but dying is almost completely unpunishable. 

It's an interesting balance, if you constantly kill the player where death is permanent then it can become an annoyance. That's is unless death is part of the core gameplay like binding of Isaac, but this isn't the case for DST.

I think it would be interesting if the game had the threat of death looming over the player once you figure out how to not die. Some endgame thrill. I'm interested in seeing what they have planned and how they approach this delicate balance. 

:wickerbottomthanks:as always, thanks for your hard work Klei.

• Like 4

Just now, HowlVoid said:

Honestly this does have me a bit worried if the devs think the game is already "hard". My guess is because the game is 1 "death and it's game over", and they are completely basing it on that. On the surface that makes the game look unforgivable but then you learn you can make it almost impossible to die.

This game is hard as heck. It's super unforgiving and unapproachable in a lot of ways, has a ton of content to memorize, and a lot of its threats will only come after several hours of playing a single world, but if you can't overcome them it's still back to square 1. Of course we won't think it's hard as people who've been playing for a long time, we already know all of these things.

• Like 16
  • Big Ups 4

48 minutes ago, . . . said:

Wow, Wilson is wearing a backpack and log armor at the same time?! Finally we will get extra equip slots in DST!!!!!!!

Don't get too excited.  You know in dst art never reflects life

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Sad Dupe 3