What items in DST you don't remember the last time you used ?

Hello everyone,

Today just killed some spider queens around my base and looking and spider hats I wondered what items/structures in DST, I haven't used in a long time. Here are the list of things that I haven't used in past year :

1. Seedshell (if you don't remember what it is, it drops when you kill a sea weed)

2. Belt of Hunger

3. Dark Petals (never used after changing ingredients of clean sweeper)

4. Pick/Axe

5. Slurper Belt

6. Spider Hat

There are other items that I might barely use but at least if I find them in generated worlds I might use them like most of the Vests.

50 minutes ago, WendyRunner said:

1. Seedshell (if you don't remember what it is, it drops when you kill a sea weed)

2. Belt of Hunger

4. Pick/Axe

5. Slurper Belt

6. Spider Hat

Funny as it is the only thing me and my friends don't use is seedshells just because we have to go out of our way to find one of those plant groups.

I honestly don't remember any other item that gets unused. Maybe the kelp garland? I don't know a situation where you would want to have a sanity drain effect on your head. 

But i have a question to you op and other forumites do you use bull kelp stalks as weapons?

1 hour ago, gamehun20 said:

Funny as it is the only thing me and my friends don't use is seedshells just because we have to go out of our way to find one of those plant groups.

I honestly don't remember any other item that gets unused. Maybe the kelp garland? I don't know a situation where you would want to have a sanity drain effect on your head. 

But i have a question to you op and other forumites do you use bull kelp stalks as weapons?

Never used kelp stalks as weapon, they are very hard to renew

Definitively Seedshell yeah. That thing is just plain useless, you'd have eventually scenarios were you want use them to get a small animal easy when you packed a ton of them but it's a the point of the game where you have enough of their resources to quit needing those animals. I think it could be improved very easily by making them actual seeds, like combined with Marble Beans to grow player made Sea Stacks or make more sprouts of Sea Weeds. I'd find them wonderful with just that.

4 hours ago, Frashaw27 said:

The Breezy Vest. It just seems so useless when compared to the puffy vest.

I like the Breezy Vest for rushing Pearl, seems like the easiest body clothing you can give her for the winter quest. I actually have it pinned in a crafting tab so I don't forget to make it.

11 hours ago, ADM said:

Definitively Seedshell yeah. That thing is just plain useless, you'd have eventually scenarios were you want use them to get a small animal easy when you packed a ton of them but it's a the point of the game where you have enough of their resources to quit needing those animals. I think it could be improved very easily by making them actual seeds, like combined with Marble Beans to grow player made Sea Stacks or make more sprouts of Sea Weeds. I'd find them wonderful with just that.

I was almost about to forget such thing was even existing...

5 hours ago, Memetan said:

I have never used a Krampus Sack.

You Poor thing :cry:

back on topic:

- Seedshell (everyone explained the reasons already.)
- Wigfrid’s fire song thingie: don’t even remember it’s name, it probably was made as a joke item
- Shell Boat bumpers: they sound so cool in theory but it’s expensive and  by the time I could make a boat protected, I either don’t sail anymore, or solved whatever I may bump into in other ways.
- Walter’s slow pellets: too expensive  for being nearly useless. Honorable mention to freeze rounds too, as a normal ice staff is both cheaper and more overall useful.
- Clout snouts: it summons an elite pig to fight for you for just 10 seconds. Given how rare are pig belts already, if they lasted at least one minute it would probably be worth taking the effort of making the whole thing and keeping a few of these things for emergencies.

On 12/31/2022 at 4:08 AM, WendyRunner said:

2. Belt of Hunger

4. Pick/Axe

5. Slurper Belt

Belt of Hunger and slurper belt are the same thing, babes.

I've never used a Bee mine, cat of ninetails, saddlehorn, summer frest, and ive only ever built rainometer & Thermal measure for aesthetics.

Some items that I rarely ever use intentionally are: Hambats, Razors & Bird Cages.

Hambats because I have like 50 billion spear skins & the Hambats spoil overtime.

Razors because I actually enjoy the added challenge of needing to slaughter the Beefalo to obtain its wools.

Bird Cage because this one single item completely breaks the entire game, BC + Trapped Bird + Monster Meat = Eggs for Pierogi forever! Remove this one item from the game… and suddenly you need to steal your eggs from mobs that have them (currently that’s only Pengull & Tallbird) but Hamlet/Shipwrecked also had snakes and scorpions that dropped them as well.

Sure maybe I’m intentionally handicapping my gameplay, but I enjoy actually needing to be occasionally tasked with “survival” in a survival game, and just standing around feeding MM to a bird for the craziest OP of heals + Hunger isn’t my idea of survival.

As I thought of exactly 10 items, I will rank them.

10. Rainometer : It has its value when it comes to schedule the rain, but I never felt the need to use this item, specifically.
image.png.04298896d0a4537e82dfe18850f61709.png

9. Bath Bomb: After Celestial Champion existence, I never needed them again. There are other better ways to get gems too.
image.png.4a6539554588b631b1af568002634aea.png

8. Belt of Hunger: There are dozens of items in the "Dress" category that I don't remember, but I'll leave this as a representative of the others. Hunger is the least of the problems, overall.
image.png.8ba3981241695ecb501f60f2fe87b997.png

7. Pretty Parasol: I think it's the only item that gives sanity to the hand slot, however, every time I considered using this item I was playing as Wx and end up not needing it after all.
image.png.c6b4d20138f145f4bda7d84c01c4c9ab.png

6. Bee Mines: I've used it in the past at Crab King, but I haven't felt the need for it in years.
image.png.40a0afdc76fc6970b539191b2b789de5.png

5. Pocket Scale: It's funny, anyway.
image.png.b39a522fcecdc577f467618888802b96.png

4. Seawreath: I don't understand the existence of this item, unless I'm playing as Wurt and I never am. The "balancing" and the math doesn't works, even after a "buff".
 image.png.f2797f161993ecc14746baf180278e7e.png

3. Tail o' Three Cats: Maybe, I just didn't get the point of this item until today.
image.png.8d7e4472b8c69f56aa9bc7cbb8c85260.png

2. Fire Dart: I really don't like them.
image.png.846db4b408f4b9e3ce85f04812a7e126.png

1. Chilled Amulet: The winner. I really have no idea the last time I used this item other than for decoration.
image.png.c7367f975a5708a4f5cf51b4fd66be9e.png

21 minutes ago, Castiliano said:

8. Belt of Hunger: 
image.png.8ba3981241695ecb501f60f2fe87b997.png

I often use this when i go fishing. It's a magic tier 2 item for Maxwell to buff his minions as well.

23 minutes ago, Castiliano said:

7. Pretty Parasol:
image.png.c6b4d20138f145f4bda7d84c01c4c9ab.png

When i join pub, this is a very needed item for summer/spring start. I can craft it easily by picking 6 flowers, and when i stand under tree + 1 head gear, it help me survive for the first few days.

For me, it's this:
Axe.webp.57d0e570bd5b038011a73b8135209af4.webp

Archived