Problems with some new skins

hello, first of all i write to notify that walter moon's head is bugged, 
I also want to take the opportunity to give my opinion regarding the new maxwell skin, it has been a long time since they gave him his last skin and it seems that in the last one they did not make much effort, his clothes do not show any kind of power, being more like a vagabond, unlike the other skins that have more elaborate clothes, also the face of this maxwell does not look anything like its cover, it does not have white eyes and it does not have a smiling face, it has the same face as the base maxwell but with another color and green things, I hope you take my suggestions into account, I'm main maxwell and I've been using it since I started playing and that's why it hurts me a little that your new skin looks that way

I would like to second OP. I wonder how this:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e4c885abb332e29f8c558fec5d2cfcfe.png

turned into this:

Spoiler

image.png.17cba9b99f7b3eca1c66cef66bcc54c6.png

Usually I'm mostly indifferent to skins, but this particular case is an exception. Portrait has so much cool features that are not translated into in-game skin:

- color of eyes, i.e. white in the portrait vs usual black in-game;

- shape of suit: more fitted with well-defined puff sleeves in portrait vs baggy clothing and sleeves without shades and without some lines in-game;

- sharp teeth on the portrait vs usual teeth in-game;

- mostly normal chin with crystallised goatee and some wrinkles vs... crystal instead of one of the huge skin folds?

- head that looks shattered/cracked by moon glass vs head that looks like painted in green and in some places as if normal-colored skin just covered crystals right under it:

Spoiler

Maxwellskin.jpg.246fa86490addc6146443e85b5c95eb0.jpgMaxwellskin2.jpg.5c57fa6c05b310a2772cef3debe8342d.jpg

- cheeks in-game from the side view look like they are saggy (is that correct english word?), and contrary to that in portrait cheeks look like they are in good shape.

Can in-game model be changed to resemble portrait more, please? It's such a cool concept, and such non-dapper execution in game, which is ironic considering Maxwell is "dapper, but frail".

I love the new skins , but I have to ask why is the new webber head is different from the rest of his skins

Spoiler

20221021000323_1.jpg.5fd16f6ea10f685fd36f7f52e2f80698.jpg20221021001144_1.jpg.5b07c745a0bf8130d1014b8468adb0ec.jpg20221021000918_1.jpg.0f63a3bfe68a33ca5456b3871f532663.jpg

these are 3 different skins for webber , all of them share the same round head

then there is the new skin

Spoiler

20221021000047_1.jpg.a3f5606f4143b82783a8d82437c1c0e2.jpg

which have a flat face , it's not a big deal but it feels off when you get used to the round head

@PeterA, since there is possibility of 2nd look, I would like to mention Walter's skin and sleeves and pants in it:

Spoiler

Walterskin.jpg.2b8a7f151015d2b16c46eb070f2352dd.jpgWalterskin2.jpg.4b88aedd62360cd07ce9c3ad902fdd4c.jpgimage.png.a4b08b3f2306387a1927ec7d6a88ae68.png

Could sleeves be over, not under Walter's hands, and a few lines be added to the upper part? Shape of pants also seems to be inconsistent: on the portrait they are mostly straight and widen a little bit near feet, but in-game they have ()-shape instead.

Seems like intention was to make pants's shape closer to the portrait look:

Spoiler

image.png.52c4f3d3293a895a29144ee2f746b011.png

Could Wickerbottom's eyes get a second look? They look really off in-game compared to the portrait which looks so much cooler. Probably because of the lack of eyebrows but that is probably intentional but still, everything else looks great except these parts of her skin. Along with the lack of indentation with the eye shadow having none of it like the portrait.

Screenshot 2022-10-20 202102.png

Screenshot 2022-10-20 202050.png

I mean, yeah! The concept for Maxwell moonbound is INSANE but but without small unique details its just... Look blank and not very diffrent from others.

Add white dots to his eyes (not replace em, just add itsy bitsy shiny white dots),

Change his teeths to be like costume and survivor skin heads have, or draw completly new!

Aaaaaand maybe change his face expression.

Boom, best both thematicly and visually skin for Maxwell is here!

Not a fan of the maxwell skin, but I'd like to say i'm a pretty big fan of most of the other skins. I'm so, so glad that this is the direction that was chosen with webber. He just looks cool, rather than a shattered spider-esque skin that would make me very uncomfortable to look at. As a person who plays webber a lot.

image.png.af6df66e4d59b407f3df2a0f7d4b26e4.png

i love dresses.

I love skin of Wormwood and Wendy. I think they got best ones. From things that were barely mentioned - new.... costiume(?)/dress(?) of Wanda feels like missing something...
image.thumb.png.40113ca259b41541445224bdb75047f6.png

Actually her dress miss dress part itself. I think I can see few pixels of her underwear...

image.png.bf2850e45e377959e0866f82935cb809.png

On top of that not sure hat happens on her sleeves - seems upper part is too short compared to bottom part and skin got exposed.

image.png.d4322d6daec7a7550b1773e8cac02d2f.png

Could we get this shaded a bit? So it's more obvious it's stairs leading down to a dark cave... It took me a moment to realize this is not some sliding wooden manhole with a pattern drawn on it (I did woke up only a bit ago don't blame me x.x)

7 hours ago, Anthony_L3hr said:

Could Wickerbottom's eyes get a second look? They look really off in-game compared to the portrait which looks so much cooler. Probably because of the lack of eyebrows but that is probably intentional but still, everything else looks great except these parts of her skin. Along with the lack of indentation with the eye shadow having none of it like the portrait.

Screenshot 2022-10-20 202102.png

Screenshot 2022-10-20 202050.png

Would be nice if her eye shadow at least got adjusted to match the more intricate double winged eye shadow in the portrait since that area of her face ingame is pretty devoid of details. 237D2E3B-427A-4B99-AB71-21DFDFEFB61A.thumb.jpeg.701abe393ffc77f6cc536bfd7acba857.jpeg
ingame skins will always look lacking compared to the portrait art though sadly since portraits allow for much more detail, texture/shading and cool poses/expressions. 

but this eyeshadow inconsistency definitely seems like something that could/should be rectified in the ingame model. 

10 hours ago, BezKa said:

image.png.d4322d6daec7a7550b1773e8cac02d2f.png

Could we get this shaded a bit? So it's more obvious it's stairs leading down to a dark cave... It took me a moment to realize this is not some sliding wooden manhole with a pattern drawn on it (I did woke up only a bit ago don't blame me x.x)

It looks like a rug I'd find at my aunts house.

I absolutely adore new WX-78 and Wormwood skins, but others... ehh? Webber skin looks like quickly done reskin of normal look, Maxwell for some reason always had pretty ugly skins, so I guess its tradition? Wickerbottom third eye is funny, its stand out so much its just ridiculous.Wilson hairline is weird, somewhat similar to his Merrymaker hair problem. Wendy looks good overall but why is it so bright?

13 hours ago, Rylanor said:

Wendy looks good overall but why is the so bright?

If it's any consolidation, it looks better in an actual world because of the post-processing effects such as color filters(day phases, seasons) dulling it out. Though I do still think it could use some desaturation.

Archived