[Game Update] - 525855

• Developer

Bug Fixes and Tweaks

• Fixed a crash caused by ending a stage play before the Mockingbirds finished arriving.
  • Fixed a crash when placing dock tiles.
  • Fixed a crash when erasing a stack of paper on the Cartographer’s Desk.
  • Fixed a bug causing the player to take longer repairing a Lazy Forager than intended.
  • Fixed a crash when character swapping while wearing the Turf-Raising Helm.
  • Clothing can no longer be swapped with a burnt Mannequin.
  • Mannequins now drop their worn equipment when they finish burning.
  • Fixed a Tallbird Nest save/load bug.
  • Tallbird nests are now guaranteed to be generated in new worlds.
  • Tallbird Eggs have been added to Klaus’ Loot Stash
  • Tallbird Nests created by Tallbirds will now properly allow Tallbirds to lay eggs.
  • Changed the time for Tallbirds to lay a new egg to be more inline with other food sources.
  • Fixed Friendly Scarecrow’s Dress Up’s UI Cancel button acting like the Confirm button.
  • Fixed Dragon Pie’s Recipe Card showing too many ingredients.
  • Fixed charcoal spawning when using the Clean Sweeper on a fully lit Fire Pit.
  • Restored the Banana Shake and Frozen Banana Daiquiri perish times.
  • Renamed Beefalo Feed to Steamed Twigs
  • Adjusted the Steamed Twigs and Beefalo Treats stats and spoilage time.
  • Nightmare Fuel can no longer be used to make Steamed Twigs and Beefalo Treats.
  • Fixed Stage Usher not blocking Antlion sinkholes.
  • Fixed Suspicious Peeper attack range using old values.
  • Fixed some missing strings.
  • Fixed invisible art assets for the small puff FX, and the Plantera Meat Bulb skin.
  • Fixed Lost Toys being pink when trying to fade in and out.
  • Increased portal_friends texture resolution.
  • Increased Friendly Scarecrow texture resolution.

Notes for Modders

• Added R24_STS_ALITTLEDRAMA ReleaseID.
  • Tiledefs now allow ‘roadways’ field to make a turf naturally fast walking like cobblestone.
  • Increased portal_friends texture resolution.

View full update

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Is there any chance that beefalo treats could give 1% taming but balancing it as only being able to feed it once per day ?

Weird addition of a tall egg added to klaus loot tho … 

the rest looks good keep it up klei 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Tallbird Eggs have been added to Klaus’ Loot Stash

That feels very bad. Really bad. I understand is probably a way to renew tallbirds for the world, but its gonna take chances for better items (is practically a nerf for Klaus O_o). I would prefer it to have chance to appear in sea chest loot, as on sea food is more limited, many loots from sea chest are not that wow and they don't require boss fight.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

1 minute ago, Notecja said:

That feels very bad. Really bad. I understand is probably a way to renew tallbirds for the world, but its gonna take chances for better items (is practically a nerf for Klaus O_o). I would prefer it to have chance to appear in sea chest loot, as on sea food is more limited, many loots from sea chest are not that wow and they don't require boss fight.

Probably these are gonna be in additional loot packs like the LGA's, krampus sacks or milk in Winter's feast

• Like 1

or add this booty to the treasure from the pirates

3 minutes ago, Notecja said:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, roversfanss said:

Probably these are gonna be in additional loot packs like the LGA's, krampus sacks or milk in Winter's feast

It has been added as a possible loot of the boss bundle, among the Bearger Fur and such, these aren't that good as the first loot with the Deerclops Eyeball, Toadstool Skin, etc but still I'd much prefer getting stuff like Malbatross Bill or even Royal Jelly than a Tallbird Egg. I think the Sunken Chest would be much more appropriate as well, to not only add eventual food within them but also avoid such pollutions of boss loots, those chests aren't that good currently, still definitively fair to make them obtainable if all the nests are gone or didn't spawn in old world but there got to be a more appropriate source. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Notecja said:

Is klaus loot really that amazing to begin with? I would honestly prefer having a tallbird egg over a spider hat, down feather, shroomskin, desert stone, or any of the other boss drops that cater to one specific playstyle (like thick fur being a godsend for insulated pack users but useless for anyone else).

The fact that the egg is a consistent benefit honestly improves klaus' loot pool overall imo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 1
  • Potato Cup 1

8 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Please revert this change, Klaus loot is meant to be boss loot. Even a down ln feather can be a wicker rain book, a bearger pelt can be an insulated pack, a spider hat can be use to lure your pigs/bunnymen away from base in preparation for a red hound wave, etc. However a tall bird egg? That's just useless. 

How about adding them to the winter feast bonus presents instead? Just anywhere but the Klaus sac please (main loot).

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 7
  • Sad Dupe 1

7 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

Just let us do this, please:

You cannot because the Salt Box only holds items that can be cooked into something else. This is why you cannot store Honey, Ice, or Crockpot foods in it.

• Like 7
  • Sanity 1

I like how the beef dishes have been differentiated. 

I was feeling pretty luxurious for using cacti salads which i stockpile every summer for healing my beef in boss fights but they now pale in comparison to the 300 heal of the beef treats lol :shock:. It’ll be fun having this option too now. 

14 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Please revert this change, Klaus loot is meant to be boss loot. Even a dow ln feather can be a wicker rain book, a bearger pelt can be an insulated pack, a spider hat can be use to lure your pigs/bunnymen away from base in preparation for a red hound wave, etc. However an tall bird egg? That's just useless. 

How about adding them to the winter feast bonus presents instead? Just anywhere but the Klaus sac please.

I like the idea however winter's feast is only for a short time of the year (assuming you don't have it always enabled). Though how big of a deal that is idk, probably not that big of one but it is something to consider, maybe.

11 minutes ago, Evelo said:

You cannot because the Salt Box only holds items that can be cooked into something else. This is why you cannot store Honey, Ice, or Crockpot foods in it.

I thought it can hold uncooked items. Honey is just too sweet to put in salt box, ice can be stored forever in a fridge, so we shouldnt even want to put into the salt box. Crockpot dishes is already cooked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Restored the Banana Shake and Frozen Banana Daiquiri perish times.

But why should banana shake spoil at the same rate as vegetable stinger, salsa fresca and creamy potato puree, which also give 33 sanity and yet require more work to produce? Banana bushes require some work to obtain, but they are crazy productive and easy to maintain. Same goes for banana dairiki and trail mix comparison: banana bushes produce bananas faster than berry bushes produce berries, faster than even banana trees in the ruins(!), banana bushes grow in winter unlike berry bushes, and second ingredient is of comparable abundance, cheaper to get and is much more convenient to store (forever fresh in ice box).

• Like 4
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

I'm seeing a bit of mixed reaction to this change.
May I suggest this? I feel like it'd achieve the same goal whilst also being a bit more streamlined AND wouldn't water down Klaus boss loot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

I think they should add an extra package to the klaus bag in which the egg comes along with other things. :wilson_lightbulb:

Edited by Bryan1024B
  • Like 3