[Game Update] - 525855

instead of complaining about the tall bird egg added to loot stash, take advantage of it and ask klei for other useful items that could be in the loot stash too. An tall bird egg is not that bad if you realize what are the other items that you can receive in the loot stash (and it also can be used to make a 150 hunger, 40 life dish).

Just my opinion.

Btw, what is the lore of tallbirds? Do they have one?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

Tallbird egg doesn't fit the theme of Klaus' loot. It's either boss drop, mini-boss drop or something rare like a Mandrake. Not to mention, it is not used in crafting recipes like everything else in the stash. Better add the egg to the pirate stash.

I don’t think it’s got anything at all to do with a boss providing “good loot drops” I think it’s more of a silly lore nod that Krampus (and thus also Klaus) steal everything and stash it away inside their sack. Of course he’s going to snatch up a few Tallbird eggs.

• Thanks 1

if you guys really want ppl in old worlds with no tallbirds to get some tallbirds then just have some tallbird nests retrofit in worlds that don't have any instead of making tallbird egg from klaus sack which that's rly bad loot to get from klaus sack which one of the hardest bosses in the game

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, . . . said:

if you guys really want ppl in old worlds with no tallbirds to get some tallbirds then just have some tallbird nests retrofit in worlds that don't have any instead of making tallbird egg from klaus sack which that's rly bad loot to get from klaus sack which one of the hardest bosses in the game

I enjoy burning their nests in my worlds, such pesky creatures... I'd prefer Variant's alternative so folks who hate em don't have to constantly burn the nests each time the world retrofits. Besides, with how buggy world generation is getting lately (with setpieces spawning on top of the sea) I think a more controlled way of getting the eggs would be better lol

Or you know, move the drop to the LGA bundles

Edited by Juanasdf

32 minutes ago, Juanasdf said:

I enjoy burning their nests in my worlds

bruh how could you do this you monster! :lol:

idk what the alternative would be, but all i know is if i beat klaus i would feel great disappoint if i prepare carefully and fight klaus for like 15-20+ minute only for my loot to be some tallbird eggs instead of boss drops

also the buggy world generation will be fixed sometime there's no way they will allow mobs and setpieces to just spawn on the ocean as a feature in the game now, they will fix it sometime soon (i really hope). so world generation things still fine

Edited by . . .
  • Like 1

I’m curious if anybody knows when/if the keyboard and mouse is going to be implemented into steam deck version. I know this is kind of off topic, but I feel like this would be a great opportunity to implement it. Thanks, Forumites / Klei!

• Like 3

Wow, another update is out!

I can't waste any more time. As it's still early, I can't help but ask.

Please add an option to hide the sanity meter.

Thank you so much for all your dedication. See you in the next game update. Maybe even before.

• GL Happy 1

On 10/4/2022 at 1:31 PM, ScottHansen said:

Tallbird nests are now guaranteed to be generated in new worlds.

It is less needed for the loot stash to drop Tallbird eggs now, and what if they could be retrofitted instead?

I still don't know what to think about getting eggs from the loot.

On one hand the Klaus fight is a bit difficult for some and getting an egg from the fight isn't very rewarding and even if some loot could be considered trash, the egg wouldn't make it better.

On the other hand, only because I or others  find the egg, a desert stone or a single down feather to be useless/unrewarding it doesn't mean the same to other players that don't have tallbirds on their worlds, to players that play together and use the Lazy Deserter or Wickerbottom players that craft Rain Rituals or players that make floats.

My suggestion: For players that have Tallbird nests on their world, make the bundle have a 0% chance to drop the egg, if they can beat Klaus they can beat a Tallbird for the egg. And for players that don't have Tallbird nests, make the bundle have a possible chance to drop the egg. This way the drop isn't affected unless eggs are rare or impossible to find making it a valuable item.

Edited by DelroyBM
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DelroyBM said:

My suggestion: For players that have Tallbird nests on their world, make the bundle have a 0% chance to drop the egg, if they can beat Klaus they can beat a Tallbird for the egg. And for players that don't have Tallbird nests, make the bundle have a possible chance to drop the egg. This way the drop isn't affected unless eggs are rare or impossible to find making it a valuable item.

Or simply have it spawn from one of the two life giving amulet bundles, since there four bundles, boss loot, one that has a chance for a sack and just two charcoal gold and lga’s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would be really nice if the new fisher failed survivor set piece spawned near a lake or near the shore.

On 10/4/2022 at 10:58 PM, Evelo said:

You cannot because the Salt Box only holds items that can be cooked into something else. This is why you cannot store Honey, Ice, or Crockpot foods in it.

images (31).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1