Why isn't Ancient Stonework or Runic Turf craftable yet?

Ancient stonework and Runic turf are both pretty cool turfs and I don't understand why you can't craft them. I get that the terra firma tamper is only about crafting natural turfs. But then just make the runic turf available from the ancient chest and ancient stonework from the celestial altar, or a fountain of knowledge. 

6 hours ago, OpulentEnder said:

Ancient stonework and Runic turf are both pretty cool turfs and I don't understand why you can't craft them. I get that the terra firma tamper is only about crafting natural turfs. But then just make the runic turf available from the ancient chest and ancient stonework from the celestial altar, or a fountain of knowledge. 

Not Enough Turfs mod exists

There should be a sort of upgrade to the TFT using a construction plan or something just by default add the recipes for all of the ruins and other turfs as they're really fancy, would benefit a lot players for decorating so a bit sad to see it not changing for so long.

Personally one thing I do meanwhile is totally unturf the Archive except around the portal and orchestrana, and replace everything with woodfloor (and I was doing that before they make them 4x cheaper!) and that still look like a nice and odd place.

3 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Remember when Scott had said he'd look into making the archives and ruins turf craftable/renewable?

Such lies.

Blind propaganda meant to please the foolish masses. Mere empty words, built on the hope that the forgetful man wouldn't remember their false promises.

They has spoke on stream or somewhere when the archive update dropped that they'll look into a way how we could get those turfs unlocked. Maybe it'll be a new puzzle? Or some kind of way to unlock them as they're like an unlockable timeless tier turf? They've done Metheus puzzle, I'm sure they'll think of something else to unlock the mysteries of crafting these turfs. Archive updates are likely not finished so we'll get one or another way to do this.

On 9/7/2022 at 4:58 AM, Capybara007 said:

the joke is that it makes fun of the people that are too gatekeepey at wanting every single thing to be uncompromising

On 9/7/2022 at 12:49 AM, Frosty_Mentos said:

There's that running meme that people call this game uncompromising and things like so or otherwise not being 'renewable' is part of the game to not be like so or something idk people be weird.

Got it. Thanks!

Archived